What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Fiddynut

it looks like it could be a phosphorous or potassium problem
for now,lets assume that youre happy with the ph of your water and its not nutrient lockout
get a good general flower fertilizer and give the plant a half strength feeding and see if that helps (what we want here are the P and the K)
i would def trim off the bad leafs as well

if you arent happy wiht how the soil is drying out, try watering from the bottom
just place the plant into a container of water and come back after a bit
i dont think one way is better in general, just a different path
you could also cover the soil wiht some hydroton to help slow evaporation

yeah we have mountain lions and bobcat here
plus lots of coyotes
as long as they are well fed, they usually are not a problem

the roast was awsome!
smokey and tender!
ill slice you off a nice fat slab
im going to roll some of it up in a tortilla with cooked onions and peppers along with some guacamole

hope you and rufus have a great time on the disking course!
its great to have a place where you can take your dog and let him run off leash
Good evening pop_rocks.
Yep could be P ok K for sure. Going to start nutes on next watering anyway so I'll hit her with a little tiger bloom. Whatever happened it was temporary because the newer growth looks great on her now. I think it had more to do with the drought stress or an interaction from it. I've been pHing one batch of water and watering all of them at a time so it was the same for all plants. Not sure if I'll ever know what happened but I'm thinking it wouldn't have happened without getting dry a couple times in a row. I trimmed the affected leaves off and we will see how she keeps up with her sisters. She is almost 6" shorter than the tallest 2 of them.

I'm hoping the soil will dry normally now that it has settled and got the good soaking last watering. If not I'll get some type of tub big enough for the pots and bottom feed and water them. My RO system gets here tomorrow and I'll have to get use to using the new water. That means using cal/mag and figuring out how much to use. I've herd that there are some nutes ment to be used with RO water that have more minerals and micro nutes in them to compensate for the water. I'll have to do some research and see if there is anything that might be worth switching to.

Let's hope the big wild cats are eating well. I'd not like to come across a hungry one.

Your roast sounds great. Great idea for the leftovers. Meat peppers onions and guacamole are the best. I made some flank steak tacos with avocado this weekend one of my faves. I have some left over and will make a cold tortilla wrap with it for lunch.

Rufus and I had a great time disc golfing yesterday. Cloudy and temps in the low 40's could have been a nicer day but oh well. Some spots were really soft and muddy so I'll probably wait a couple weeks before going back.

I hope your weekend was great and your plants are happy...Fiddy.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
sounds like a plan,brother!
maybe this would be a good time to experiment with some lst if the canopy becomes too uneven

that is awesome about the ro system! so this system is basically plug and play?
how much water per hour can it filter?

yeah, i would not like to run into any hungry kittys either
ive never seen a mountain lion in the wild but have seen bob cats
at first i thought it was the biggest cat ive ever seen, it had this really wide face too
after looking at it eye to eye across a clearing it turned and disappeared into the brush
when it turned i saw the docked tail and realized what it was
i was more excited than scarred, it looked so cool

so it looks like our night ride is probably off
it rained again yesterday and my friend who lives up north said his trails are a total mess

just took some cuts off that one dog treat the other day, so i will prob be flipping this weekend

hope your week is off to a great start friend!

Floridian

Veteran
If I might make a suggestion I use the cal mag plus every third watering at a teaspoon per gallon.I have seen problems arising when people use it every time.You are going to love R/O.I don't know how many plants you run but I keep a topless 50 gal rainbarrel right there in the kitchen and run a quarter inch clear rubber hose into the rainbarrel and let it fill up,usually takes around 18-20 hours or so.Then I just dip the one gallon water dispenser from the top and fill to appropriate line.Its super fast and easy that way.Using R/O was truly a game changer for me,no exaggeration.Down here the water is normally around 400 PPM out of the tap and a good bit of that is calcium.Magnesium deficiency for me was all to common

Fiddynut

sounds like a plan,brother!
maybe this would be a good time to experiment with some lst if the canopy becomes too uneven

that is awesome about the ro system! so this system is basically plug and play?
how much water per hour can it filter?

yeah, i would not like to run into any hungry kittys either
ive never seen a mountain lion in the wild but have seen bob cats
at first i thought it was the biggest cat ive ever seen, it had this really wide face too
after looking at it eye to eye across a clearing it turned and disappeared into the brush
when it turned i saw the docked tail and realized what it was
i was more excited than scarred, it looked so cool

so it looks like our night ride is probably off
it rained again yesterday and my friend who lives up north said his trails are a total mess

just took some cuts off that one dog treat the other day, so i will prob be flipping this weekend

hope your week is off to a great start friend!
Good morning pop_rocks.
I was thinking about a little LST to open up the plants a bit. Each plant has only 18" square in the 3x3 so I can't make them too bushy. May tie down some side branches to get a little more light into the main stalk. I have some bricks I'll set the short girl on to get her up to the level of the others. Had to start raising the light yesterday and will have raise daily for the next couple weeks I'm thinking. They will get fed and watered tonight or tomorrow and I'll get some pics and do an update. They look pretty good.

I posted in the bodhi thread and an icmag member directed me to a test grow of the lemon wookie he did on another site. I know there are differences in our grows but it gave me a good idea what to expect. His girls only doubled in size during the stretch and if mine are like that they will be the perfect hight. Good to see them at all the stages. Looks like if I keep them happy they will be some frosty bitches. Getting stoked to see these girls bud up.

The RO system should be at my door when I get home tonight from work. It just plugs into a regular faucet can be moved around. No cutting pipes or sweating in of joints just screw it in and start making water. It claims water will be 20-30 ppm after treatment. How fast it works is dependent on water pressure. I'll be firing it up right away so I'll let you know how fast water comes out.

Sorry to hear the trails are not in good shape. Will the rain ever stop?

Good that the dog treat is coming along nicely. Is she still that deep green color? I hope it's a winner and the cuts root well for you.

The week is off to a fine start and I will be keeping a very close eye on the girls this week. I hope you are having a good week as well...Fiddy.

Fiddynut

If I might make a suggestion I use the cal mag plus every third watering at a teaspoon per gallon.I have seen problems arising when people use it every time.You are going to love R/O.I don't know how many plants you run but I keep a topless 50 gal rainbarrel right there in the kitchen and run a quarter inch clear rubber hose into the rainbarrel and let it fill up,usually takes around 18-20 hours or so.Then I just dip the one gallon water dispenser from the top and fill to appropriate line.Its super fast and easy that way.Using R/O was truly a game changer for me,no exaggeration.Down here the water is normally around 400 PPM out of the tap and a good bit of that is calcium.Magnesium deficiency for me was all to common
Good morning Floridian.

Thank you for your recommendation. I had been using a combination of bottled RO water and spring water that I collected. I've been reading about how important calcium is for these plants and I think I overdid it a little on the cal/mag and even used it with the spring water that already has a lot of minerals in it. Every 3 waterings sounds great.
After at first resisting a bit I'm really looking forward to using the RO. I want to get very thing dialed in as much as possible and knowing what is in my water should be huge for that.
I run 4-5 plants in flower in a 3x3 tent and a few in a 2x4 veg tent so I use maybe 10-12 gallons a week for plants. That barrel sounds like a great idea. Not sure if I have room for a 55 gal but I want to find something big enough to let it run all night without overflowing. Once I hook it up and see how much output it has I'll figure out what size collector I can get away with. Was planning on transferring from the collection bucket to milk jugs but that may be an unnecessary step. Do you bubble your barrel?

I'm glad to hear that RO water made a big difference for you. I hope it does for me as well. Wow 400 ppm water that's a lot of stuff. I've never used my well water for my plants because it kills my wife's house plants. I can't wait to test my well water tonight with the pen and see where it it's at. Going to test the spring water I was using as well just to see what I've been giving them the last few grows.

Thanks a lot for your input and water wisdom. Helpful people like you make these forums a great place. I hope you are well and your plants are happy...Fiddy.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
cant wait to hear about the new filter!
where did you get it from, can you post up a link?

yeah she is looking nice and i am excited to see her flower
i will post up some pics eventually
/the girl has her friends over so im kind of hiding out right now
the cuts looked ok the last time i checked on them

im thinking that we wont be riding this week
the trails will be too wet for a night ride
hearing stories of lots of erosion damage too so we will see, but i cant wait to get back on the bike

Fiddynut

cant wait to hear about the new filter!
where did you get it from, can you post up a link?

yeah she is looking nice and i am excited to see her flower
i will post up some pics eventually
/the girl has her friends over so im kind of hiding out right now
the cuts looked ok the last time i checked on them

im thinking that we wont be riding this week
the trails will be too wet for a night ride
hearing stories of lots of erosion damage too so we will see, but i cant wait to get back on the bike
Good evening pop_rocks.
I was hoping that I'd get to play with the filters tonight but my faucet has a non standard fitting and I need to get an adaptor. I want to run it off of my laundry tub and I knew it would need an adaptor for that. I thought I could try it in the bathroom sink in to test but that has different threads too so I'll have to wait until I can get to Home Depot or a hardware store.

I got on amazon it's an APEC portable 4 filter system. I'm sure it will work well. I have over 40psi water pressure and that should be plenty. It was well packaged and in good shape when it arrived.

I did get to play with the ppm pen some. My well water after iron filter and water softener is at 320ppm. The water I get from the natural spring is over 530ppm. Wow that is some hot water (if there is such a thing). No wonder it buffered so well. My bottled RO that I get at the store is 6ppm.

It was fun to test the different waters I'd been giving my plants. It doesn't tell me what's in them but I think it is telling me to start with better water.

I was also thinking that the girls would need water tonight but they are still too moist. It's been 4 days since water and looks like it will be at least one more. I want to feed these girls but I don't want to overwater. Going to give a mild dose of tiger bloom to them as soon as they need water. I put a few cups or worm castings in each pot with the ocean forest so they should have a balanced diet. Does adding worm castings keep the soil more moist? It's the only thing I added to the soil this time that I hadn't added in the past. It's been cooler for them lately too. The boiler doesn't run as much when it's less cold outside and that keeps the whole basement cool. Temps have been 65 or so and only up to 73 inside tent with lights on.

While the girls aren't drinking much water they are looking pretty good. Some of the newer growth looks a little lighter shade of green but young growth always seems to be lighter and gets darker as it matures. Might be the MH light messing with me too.

I know the feeling when the wife has friends over and hiding out sums it up perfectly.

I hope your trails aren't washed away. It's gotta stop raining soon. Do you ever peddle around on the streets just to get the legs moving. I know it's not as fun as in the off road but it still gets the blood moving. We use to do some urban mtn biking in San Francisco and that was a lot of fun.

Floridian

Veteran
Hey Fiddy if you mean oxygenate that's something I have never done,it actually gets used up pretty quickly.Glad I could give you an idea the ease of it all is really great

Fiddynut

Hey Fiddy if you mean oxygenate that's something I have never done,it actually gets used up pretty quickly.Glad I could give you an idea the ease of it all is really great
Good afternoon Floridian.
Thanks again for sharing your experience and giving me the recommendation on the cal/mag. It sounds like you use a lot more water than I do. Maybe someday I'll have more plants but for now I am learning grow by grow just a few plants at a time. Are you doing any grow journals or anything? I always enjoy seeing how others grow and that's how I learn. Love seeing others plants in pictures as well. The RO filters are working well and I'm on my way to more consistent growing.

Not sure what nutes you use but if you aren't organic how do you deal with low pH of the water with feedings. When I mixed a half dose of nutes with my RO water last night the pH was like 4 or less. I had to use 10ml of pH up to get my 2.25 gallons water and nutes back to 6.5-7. Is it ok to use that much pH up? The spring water I use to use was like pH 8 or so and over 530ppm and well buffered so I never had to use that much pH up before. Not sure if I'm doing it right or not.

Thanks for your help...Fiddy.

Fiddynut

Update and pics.

Update and pics.

Greetings friends.

I got the adaptor for the RO filter yesterday and started making water. The first few gallons have tested at 26 ppm. I can make about 2 gallons of water per hour with it. That is plenty for my needs. In fact I was able to make as much water as I used while watering the girls last night.

The lemon wookies are looking pretty good. They were finally getting thirsty last night. I gave them water plus tiger bloom at half the recommended strength and a little kelp nutes for the roots. If they are only going to want water every 5 days then they will only get fed every 10 days and I need to give them enough so they dong get deficiency. Probably means I'm going to have to feed heavier than I'd like. If they start drying quicker I can dial it back a bit. Not sure if this is the right approach but it seems logical to me.

So far they are not stretching a bunch. It's only day 6 of 12/12 but they are staying under control. They art super stinky yet but do have a strong pot plant smell. If I rub the stems I get some of the lemon and skunk smell. A little vomit too. They are getting bushy and starting to branch a lot. Looks like at least 2 pheno's so far. One is a little taller and more branches. The one affected by the lockout or drought stress may be a third pheno it's hard to tell because of the defoliation I did on her. She is not loosing anymore hight on the other 3 anymore. I put her on a couple bricks to get the canopy even.

Here are a couple pics from the top and one from the side to show how they are filling out.

So I'm going to take some of the lower growth off but I'm not sure when is the best time to do so. I've never lolly popped my plants before so in a little nervous about it.
Anyone have any thoughts on how much and when to trim them?
I think the are over their drought stress so I'm not worried about shocking them by cutting on them.
I'll probably watch some YouTube vids on lolly popping but if anyone knows of a good tutorial let me know.

Thanks for checking out this grow and if anyone has any suggestions I'd love the hear them.
I hope everyone is having a great week and your plants are happy...Fiddy.

Floridian

Veteran
Hey Fiddy I use general hydroponics ph up to get my nute solution to around 6.5 or so.I started with fox farm nutes but learned after I tried it that pure blend plus blows it away IMO,its a bit more expensive because you will use more.I like ocean forest though and use 1/2 OF and 1/2 roots organic.Used to spend a lot on things like liquid karma and Bcuzz but stopped bcuzz they were not doing a damn thing that I could tell.

Fiddynut

Hey Fiddy I use general hydroponics ph up to get my nute solution to around 6.5 or so.I started with fox farm nutes but learned after I tried it that pure blend plus blows it away IMO,its a bit more expensive because you will use more.I like ocean forest though and use 1/2 OF and 1/2 roots organic.Used to spend a lot on things like liquid karma and Bcuzz but stopped bcuzz they were not doing a damn thing that I could tell.

I am using the GO pH up as well. I just never had to use as much and want to make sure it's ok to use that much. Sounds like it's ok to use as much as it takes.

I've been using fox farm because it's easy to find around here. I'd like to experiment with nutes a bit and may look into pure blend plus. Mostly I just need to learn how to use nutes properly. I start with low doses and work my way up. I still haven't burned any of my plants and try to error on the light side, less is more I keep hearing.

As far as all the boosters and stuff it's just too confusing for me. I've herd so many mixed results. I'm trying to avoid being that guy that has 20 bottles of nutes and no clue how to use any of them.

Thanks for your continued help and sharing your experience with me....Fiddy.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
the girls are looking great f'nut
glad to hear you are happy wiht teh r/o system!

they will probably start drinking more water as the flower
as they bush out they will need more water to support that growth
good on ya for starting at half strength
the soil is loaded wiht general nutrients and you just want to augment whats already there
depending on your style, you could always push the plants a little harder
just watch for curling at the leaf tips, this is a sign of being over fed
if you start to see browning that is nutrient burn and you will want to dial it back
i like to feed minimally

as far as trimming the undergrowth start at the very bottom
look for the leafs/small branches that are not getting good light
take those off first and kind of work your way up
i usually take off the lower quarter to third
this will chanel the plants energy to the top where the prime buds are
it might seem scary at first but i think it helps the plant produce better
plus it saves tiem when you are trimming up the finished product as you dont hvae as much of the popcorn to mess with
i like to do this type thing as early in the light cycle as i can
it gives the plant time to dry out the cut part and seal the cuts up

looks like we have just about made it through the week!
cant wait for the weeeknd

Fiddynut

the girls are looking great f'nut
glad to hear you are happy wiht teh r/o system!

they will probably start drinking more water as the flower
as they bush out they will need more water to support that growth
good on ya for starting at half strength
the soil is loaded wiht general nutrients and you just want to augment whats already there
depending on your style, you could always push the plants a little harder
just watch for curling at the leaf tips, this is a sign of being over fed
if you start to see browning that is nutrient burn and you will want to dial it back
i like to feed minimally

as far as trimming the undergrowth start at the very bottom
look for the leafs/small branches that are not getting good light
take those off first and kind of work your way up
i usually take off the lower quarter to third
this will chanel the plants energy to the top where the prime buds are
it might seem scary at first but i think it helps the plant produce better
plus it saves tiem when you are trimming up the finished product as you dont hvae as much of the popcorn to mess with
i like to do this type thing as early in the light cycle as i can
it gives the plant time to dry out the cut part and seal the cuts up

looks like we have just about made it through the week!
cant wait for the weeeknd
Good evening pop_rocks.
Thanks brother. They seem to be recovered and are very happy.
RO system working great. This is so easy and convenient that I don't know why I didn't do this from the start. Hopefully the best part will be improved growing conditions and better weed.
I'm sure your right and they will want more water as they grow. I'm going to put the HPS bulb in soon and that makes more light and heat. That should help dry them a bit. I think I was just saying how they aren't stretching much but I just checked them and had to raise the light a couple inches. Just by eyeball they were getting a bit close.
I saw a few tips with a little curl and just the slightest tip burn or bleaching. Very minor as of tonight. I think they are telling me that 1/2 dose was more than enough. I probably should have started with 1/4 dose. I'm sure they will be fine.

Ok I'm ready to trim them up this weekend.
I'll get everything except the side branches that will have those second level colas. Leaves and little sucker branches. Then maybe go through at the end of stretch and clean up again depending on how they look. They are starting to get some pretty big fans on them and a couple of those may have to go at some point.

Yep the week is almost over. I'm with you on looking forward to the weekend. It's been a long week and I need a break. The cold weather is back and the forecast is for a cold weekend. Might give me a chance to rest up and enjoy a lazy Sunday.

I hope your week went well and you get to enjoy your weekend...Fiddy.

Rodehazrd

Hey guys
Winter came back and the propane burner is rocking again. I'm fired up to pop my Larry's and some Bangi Haze Monday when the moon is right. My 6 new cc headbands are still all good no hermies I may be able to call one the runt but it's clone looks great
There may be some node spacing differences but it's slight so it's 6 for 6 as far as I see now I'm thinking I may not keep the label on them after first run they look so uniform.
@sunny
Hey my desert diesel has been in the jar for 3 weeks and we're starting to sample the first plant. Mrs Hazard and I split one and both fell asleep in mid afternoon so that might be one for you to help sleep. They grow big so put It in the bamboo. I flowered after 6 weeks and had to break the stems to keep it under the light fastest growing thing I ever did see made over 3 oz of dry bud. I may not need any more melatonin .
@Fiddy
The kids bought a scale and are planning to weigh salt and fat content for the future
I also ordered him a copy of that smoking meat book (birthday in a couple months).
I've been fighting a gut infection so haven't had much pork but his sausage was fair what I did eat. Almost enough salt and it stuck to the pan I prefer more spicy too.
@ pops
Hey dog nuts?? That a strain? Nice looking girl. You mentioned reveging how does that work? Have you done it ? Was it worth the trouble? I want to pop more freebies but don't have room to maintain all those clones nor do I want to do a long enough veg to tale cuttings.just want a small sample but then what if we love it and want to keep some. Last year I did too many strains and had a mess of leggy girls in veg.

Hope all are well
Rodehazrd

Fiddynut

Hey guys
Winter came back and the propane burner is rocking again. I'm fired up to pop my Larry's and some Bangi Haze Monday when the moon is right. My 6 new cc headbands are still all good no hermies I may be able to call one the runt but it's clone looks great
There may be some node spacing differences but it's slight so it's 6 for 6 as far as I see now I'm thinking I may not keep the label on them after first run they look so uniform.
@sunny
Hey my desert diesel has been in the jar for 3 weeks and we're starting to sample the first plant. Mrs Hazard and I split one and both fell asleep in mid afternoon so that might be one for you to help sleep. They grow big so put It in the bamboo. I flowered after 6 weeks and had to break the stems to keep it under the light fastest growing thing I ever did see made over 3 oz of dry bud. I may not need any more melatonin .
@Fiddy
The kids bought a scale and are planning to weigh salt and fat content for the future
I also ordered him a copy of that smoking meat book (birthday in a couple months).
I've been fighting a gut infection so haven't had much pork but his sausage was fair what I did eat. Almost enough salt and it stuck to the pan I prefer more spicy too.
@ pops
Hey dog nuts?? That a strain? Nice looking girl. You mentioned reveging how does that work? Have you done it ? Was it worth the trouble? I want to pop more freebies but don't have room to maintain all those clones nor do I want to do a long enough veg to tale cuttings.just want a small sample but then what if we love it and want to keep some. Last year I did too many strains and had a mess of leggy girls in veg.

Hope all are well
Rodehazrd
Good morning Rodehazrd.
Yep winter is back around here as well. Highs in the 20's and single digit lows last couple days. I guess we will have to wait a little while longer for spring.
Glad to hear that your headbands are doing well. Sounds like a stable strain with very consistent sisters. If they are the same pheno I hope it's one you were looking for.
Good luck with the Larry's and the Bangi Haze. I'm sure you will treat them well and they well reward you.
Glad your kids are doing sausage and it sounds like they are on there way to mastering that skill. That book is a great read and lots of cool recipes and techniques. It has some good background into the history of curing and preservation. Lots of other dishes I'd never heard of. I'm sure they will enjoy it. It might be fun for you to take it for a test drive before handing it over.
The great thing about making sausage is that you can dial it in for your preference. Like it spicy and salty or mild just add or subtract from the mix. You can fry a little in a pan and adjust seasonings before stuffing in casings.
Sorry to hear that you are still under the weather. Sending positive energy your way for a quick recovery. We gotta git you back to 100% soon buddy.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
im willing to take one for the team guys, pass all the pork products this way!
that is so weird that you guys ahve slipped back into winter
it feels like spring is upon us here and the weather is amazing for the past week
/beautiful conditions wiht mid 70's and a nice breeze
im in socks and a hoody right now but will be wearing shorts and flip flops by early day

how are the girls taking to the feeding,fdy?
1/2 strength should be fine but i would suggest alternating plain water feedings with the plant food to keep it mellow
what ferts are you goign with on this run?

welcome back rhode!
looks liek we have another sunshine stater joining us!
floridian sounds like a neat guy and im sure he will bring a lot to the table
its spring break down that way,isnt it?
are the kids starting to get rowdy?

yeah, dog nuts is just a name i threw out there
/the guy who gave me the seeds asked me to not mention his name and im not sure about revealing the name of his seeds ; just keeping my end of the bargin to a friend

im not a fan of revegging but i have done it before
you are basically forcing teh plant back into vegitative growth by resetting the light cycle to 18/6 or whatever your veg lighting is
its not something i recomend doing
the plant is an anual and is only supposed to live one season
if you did reveg,i would take a cut of the reveged plant and try working wiht that instead of the original stock

hoping all your weekends are off to great starts
enjoy your last hour of standard time!,fellows!

Floridian

Veteran
You know Fiddy I was rereading your posts and I have to tell you its pretty strange that you have to use more Ph up with RO than you did with tap.That is the opposite of what I experienced and how I believe it should be.The cleaner your water{the lower in PPMS},the less PH up you should need to adjust your waters PH level.I know I needed a lot more making an adjustment using tap than I did when I switched to RO.What are the PPMs and ph level of your RO water?

Fiddynut

im willing to take one for the team guys, pass all the pork products this way!
that is so weird that you guys ahve slipped back into winter
it feels like spring is upon us here and the weather is amazing for the past week
/beautiful conditions wiht mid 70's and a nice breeze
im in socks and a hoody right now but will be wearing shorts and flip flops by early day

how are the girls taking to the feeding,fdy?
1/2 strength should be fine but i would suggest alternating plain water feedings with the plant food to keep it mellow
what ferts are you goign with on this run?

welcome back rhode!
looks liek we have another sunshine stater joining us!
floridian sounds like a neat guy and im sure he will bring a lot to the table
its spring break down that way,isnt it?
are the kids starting to get rowdy?

yeah, dog nuts is just a name i threw out there
/the guy who gave me the seeds asked me to not mention his name and im not sure about revealing the name of his seeds ; just keeping my end of the bargin to a friend

im not a fan of revegging but i have done it before
you are basically forcing teh plant back into vegitative growth by resetting the light cycle to 18/6 or whatever your veg lighting is
its not something i recomend doing
the plant is an anual and is only supposed to live one season
if you did reveg,i would take a cut of the reveged plant and try working wiht that instead of the original stock

hoping all your weekends are off to great starts
enjoy your last hour of standard time!,fellows!
Good afternoon pop_rocks.
Yep winter is a long season this far north. Average temp is about 40 this time of year but like all averages the actual temps are normally 10-20 deg above or below. We are only 250 miles from Canada and when the wind comes out of the north it gets cold. Being away from the coast also means more up and down temps. The jet stream can help us or hurt us. We have to be ready for anything this time of year. I'm jealous of your nice weather and I'd love to be able to hang out in shorts and flip flops or crocks in my case.
The girls looked pretty good this morning but I'm going to pull them out and go over them very closely tonight when lights come on. I'm going to trim up the bottom 1/3 of them tonight as well. They seem to be wanting something but that might be just my paranoia and hover parenting. I'll get some good pics tonight and post them up and see what you guys think.
Going to back off to 1/3 dose on nutes next feed and just water and cal/mag on their next watering. I'm using ff tiger bloom. I'd used some ff kelp me kelp you when I watered them in on the transplant then just water after a few days then 5ml kelp me kelp you + 15 ml tiger bloom in 2-1/4 gallons RO on the last watering on Wednesday. I mixed a few cups of worm castings into the soil on the final pot up this time too. Not likely that too much nutes were used but may still have a calcium imbalance from the spring water I'd been using. I'm considering a cal/mag foliar feed but not sure if it's a good idea or not. No buds yet so if I'm going to foliar feed I'd have to do it soon. I'm on day 8 of 12/12 so I'll see some buds in a week or so. Looking forward to my next grow using RO water from the start and hopefully a more consistent grow.
The plants are probably fine and I'm just being a worrier.
I think you are right the only reason to reveg would be to take a cut. If any of these LW's blow my mind I'm going to try it. It would have be better to take cut before flowering but I was nursing them back and didn't want to risk shocking them. I also don't really have room for clones and mom because I need that room to veg my next victims.
I'll be back tonight with some pics and an update. I plan on spending a lot of time with them this evening so that should be fun.
Hope your weekends are starting out nicely. Later...Fiddy.

Fiddynut

You know Fiddy I was rereading your posts and I have to tell you its pretty strange that you have to use more Ph up with RO than you did with tap.That is the opposite of what I experienced and how I believe it should be.The cleaner your water{the lower in PPMS},the less PH up you should need to adjust your waters PH level.I know I needed a lot more making an adjustment using tap than I did when I switched to RO.What are the PPMs and ph level of your RO water?
Just tested the last gallon I made was 15 ppm and pH was just a little below 6 tested with drops. Just a little orange tint so higher then 5.5. The spring water I use to use was 530+ ppm and had a pH over 8. I suspect it had a lot of calcium and bicarbonate. I think all the minerals buffered the water a lot more and it started out very alkaline. When I added nutes to that water they would bring it down to like 6 and it just took 1-2 ml per gallon to get it back to upper 6's. When I added 5 ml kelp me kelp you plus 15 ml tiger bloom to 2-1/4 gallons of RO on Wednesday it dropped the pH to 4 or less. I added the first 2 ml of pH up and it didn't change at all. Then I added like 6ml and it was more than 1/2 way there so I added another 4ml or so and I was at 6.5+ which I think is ok.
My thought is that the tiger bloom is very acidic and it just takes that much to bring it up. It seems easer to drop pH than to rase it. A drop of pH down seems as strong as a whole ml of pH up. PH up also has buffers in it so that adds volume as well.
I'm not sure if my thinking is correct on this but for now I'm going with it. Somebody slap me if I'm not making sense.
On the other hand I haven't heard of anyone using 5ml of pH up per gallon of water.
Maybe I should just go organic and forget about all this pH stuff.

Latest posts

Latest posts