X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiddynut
    replied
    Greetings friends.
    I hope everyone had a nice long weekend. I had a good holiday but the time went way too quick. I did manage to get to alpine valley for my first mountain bike ride of the year there and I was reminded of how much I love riding at that place. I also got in a game of disc golf and got to see some live music on Sunday. On Monday my bro and I got the boat ready for the season. I did the tune up / oil change / lower unit lube stuff on the motor and my bro power washed the boat inside and outside. The forecast is for plenty of sun and close to 90 degrees on Saturday and Sunday and if that holds out we will be spending plenty of time on the water. I also got to spend a few hours with family on monday.

Dolo it sounds like you've got a good plan to get you growing later in the summer. Finding the right nutrient line for your style can take time. I agonized a lot early on about what and how much to use and then I decided to just pick one that other people were getting results with and go with it. After that it's just a matter of getting to know how much feed the strain your growing likes. It sounds like the breeders are really cranking out some great genetics lately and the next time I get a pack of seeds I will have to look around and see what's new out there. I hope you had better weather than predicted last weekend and were able to enjoy.

Yep Pack, I had heard about the snow lotus and experienced it last time I ran them but I was holing for some of that chem91 to come through. Ive had great luck and nice dense buds with his 88g13 and Appalachian crosses. Im glad your camping trip got to happen after all. Your right it would have been a bummer to punish the kid that was behaving himself. It sounds like you had a good time! Those sound like crazy prices for seeds but I'm sure he has a lot of time into the project and if the results are great its hard to argue with them.

​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• packerfan79
    replied
    Originally posted by DoloDankness View Post
    packerfan79 Nice to see you! The only time I've tried cement shoes is in concentrate form from a dispensary local, I really enjoyed it and that's the main reason I ended up picking those packs up. Im glad you've also had a good experience with the strain. I promise you you will find at least one keeper from that pack you got from relentless, might be a little over priced because of the IG hype, BUT I have never seen a female from them not caked in resin so I'm sure you're gonna find something very unique in that pack! That sucks about the camping trip, hopefully next weekend will workout better for you anyways. Have a good one!
    We wound up leaving my 2 little monsters with my mom in law. Shouldn't disappoint the kid who didn't get in trouble. So we were able to go camping, did a little fishing, not a lot of catching.

yeah, relentless is a stellar breeder. I have grown a few different strains from him.I am amazed some of the prices, seed junky is insane 550 a pack,I thought gage green was bad. Breeder cuts are 1500 to 2000. I am tempted to buy it clone the fuck out of it and whore clones to every grower I can find. Lol.

Leave a comment:

• DoloDankness
    replied
    packerfan79 Nice to see you! The only time I've tried cement shoes is in concentrate form from a dispensary local, I really enjoyed it and that's the main reason I ended up picking those packs up. Im glad you've also had a good experience with the strain. I promise you you will find at least one keeper from that pack you got from relentless, might be a little over priced because of the IG hype, BUT I have never seen a female from them not caked in resin so I'm sure you're gonna find something very unique in that pack! That sucks about the camping trip, hopefully next weekend will workout better for you anyways. Have a good one!

Leave a comment:

• packerfan79
    replied
    Hey Jungle mates,

Hope everyone is having doing well. We were supposed to go camping this weekend but the kids started acting up, so that got scraped, fucking sucks.

Next weekend me and the wife are going to the beach for the weekend, can't wait, got reservations to a really nice restaurant overlooking the beach.

Dolo I have bought some cement shoes before, it's fire. Should be some gold in those. I just picked up a pack of Wham Bam from Relentless. It's frosted cherry cookies x wedding cake, they are fems also. I am going to pop a couple tonight, my birthday present to myself. Most money I have ever spent on a pack of seeds 200$ hoping for a nice keeper.

@ Fiddynuts, I think you are right about the smow lotus dad. I ran a
    couple different strains, with snow lotus and they didn't have dense buds. The strains with the 88g13 hp dad were better in my opinion. I think the snow lotus crosses were better for outdoor.

Leave a comment:

• DoloDankness
    replied
    Hey Fiddy! You are absolutely right my man, when there's a will, there's a way. I will hopefully be able to get up and running this summer sometime and be able to harvest early fall if not late summer. Been saving for a car, but I have been keeping a grow shopping list on stand by for whenever I want to pull the trigger. Im ordering new pH and Ppm meters along with an actual nutrient line. Flora Flex makes an "all organic" powder line that I'm gonna try out. Not sure if I believe the organic thing but the results I have been seeing from other using the same line makes me want to try it out anyway lol. Relatively cheap as well, $100 for the entire line and all you need to add is a Cal Mag supplement. Im experiencing that same weather by the way, was 90 degrees all week and now this weekend is supposed to be 55 and rainy. Oh well, more time to scroll on here! haha

Leave a comment:

• Fiddynut
    replied
    Greetings friends.
    Happy Friday! Its been a while since I posted too so here goes. Last week I harvested the chem91 (JB cut) X snow lotus and that kept me busy for a little bit. They were kind of leafy and a lot more work to trim than my cobra lips or my gorilla bubble. The buds were also a lot less dense than I like even though I lollipoped them pretty aggressively. Its that snow lotus male and I had this experience last time I grew this strain as well. I had thought that my technique was better now and that would give better results but its the genes that had the last word on that. Its nice to have something new to puff and I've still got plenty of the GB so ill have some variety until my next run (cobra lips) is done in a couple of months.

Im glad you are well DoloDankness! Good work getting your laptop up and running. Those crosses sound like fire! I hadn't heard of many of those strains but these days there must be thousands of them out there. I hope all goes well for.you when you get your grow started back up and I can't wait to see some pics of your plants. Where there's a will there's a way and I'm sure you can make that closet a great place to grow some plants when you set your mind to it. Keep us posted brother!

All is well here pop_rocks. Its been a really weird week here with the weather. It was in the 80's and even close to 90 early in the week but the last coup!e days its been like 48 degrees and raining, kind of like late fall weather. It looks like its suppose to get a lot nicer for the weekend so I'm happy about that. I haven't been on the mountain bike is way too long and I have to get that rectified here in the next few days. I hope your having a great spring too buddy!

Leave a comment:

• DoloDankness
    replied
    Originally posted by pop_rocks View Post
    my man doh! hows it going
    i havent been posting up here as much but keep in touch with f'nut
    its great to see you rbother and hope you are doing well
    ive never heard of this strain cement shoes, but can imagine why its called that!
    fill us in

looks like there is also barking pumpkin
    love a good sativa man and hope your plants produced

and our man, fiddy! hope you are having a great spring and things are going well with you
    lets all hope that this year is better than the last one
    Thanks for the great welcome back as always pop. Cement Shoes comes from a breeding company called "Cult Classic Seeds". If any of you guys have IG you should give them a follow. Their Cement Shoes is a cross of 09 Animal Cookies x OGKB x Wet Dream(Blue Dream x Williams Wonder F3), and I have the S1 version along with those crosses I mentioned in my last post. It's good to see we have new faces! The only experience I have running a landrace sativa would be when I grew some seeds of Acapulco Gold x Lotus which didn't stretch much at all. Do not take my experience as guidance though, space is a necessity with those big girls. I'm close to being able to start back up again and when I do I'm gonna try like hell to maintain an environment in my little closet. Harder things have been done by less intelligent people so I think ill be able to pull it off!

Leave a comment:

• pop_rocks
    replied
    my man doh! hows it going
    i havent been posting up here as much but keep in touch with f'nut
    its great to see you rbother and hope you are doing well
    ive never heard of this strain cement shoes, but can imagine why its called that!
    fill us in

looks like there is also barking pumpkin
    love a good sativa man and hope your plants produced

and our man, fiddy! hope you are having a great spring and things are going well with you
    lets all hope that this year is better than the last one

Leave a comment:

• DoloDankness
    replied
    Hey guys!! Fiddy those plants look amazing! I managed to get my laptop up and running somewhat again. I have just bee doing my same old, work grind and splurge on a pack or two of seeds here and there. Picked up a pack of GMO Cookies x Cement Shoes along with a pack of Slurricane x Cement Shoes. Both fem packs, but I honestly don't have an issue running feminized seeds YET. I may in the future, but as of now I feel like as long as the environment is okay and the reversal is done right, it will be fire regardless. Glad to see everyone on here still. Now that I don't have to type on my phone I hope to be on here much more often! Hope ya'll have a good weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Fiddynut
    replied
    Originally posted by packerfan79 View Post
    Nice plants Fiddynuts, I'm going to harvest next weekend, too. Hope you get a keeper. Bodhi always brings the fire. Can't go wrong.
    Good afternoon Packerfan.
    Thanks brother! If not a keeper at least ill find some variety. I hope your harvest is a good one as well!

Leave a comment:

• packerfan79
    replied
    Nice plants Fiddynuts, I'm going to harvest next weekend, too. Hope you get a keeper. Bodhi always brings the fire. Can't go wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Fiddynut
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fiddynut
    replied
    Greetings friends.
    Happy Thursday. I haven't been posting much lately but I got some pics this morning and its high time for an update.

BarknPunkin. Those sound like interesting strains. Ive never grown out a sativa or even a sativa leaning hybrid. Someday I will give one a shot but I'm not very well set up for that right now growing in a tent without a lot of headroom. Good luck on your grow as well!

Im a week or so out from harvesting what I've got growing in the flower tent. It seems like I popped the seeds that became the two moms for the clones in this run almost a year ago. Like I said I got two moms from the seed plants and cloned two of each of them for this run. I lollipoped them pretty aggressively and I've been growing them in half and half happy frog and ocean forest soil and feeding with pure blend pro veg and bloom nutrients. I use RO water and mineralize my soil because I don't like cal\mag. The seeds are freebies from Bodhi with the mom being chemdog(JB cut) and the dad is snow lotus. I grew half the pack out a few years back and didn't do the best job with them as I was a relatively new grower at the time. This time they are looking pretty good but I doubt I will like them as much as my gorilla bubble. We will find out in a couple weeks. Here are a few pics of them from this morning.

​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• BarknPunkin
    replied
    Will send a pict. soon as I get some time. Just flipped 4 african sativas and 5 ghost train haze. Am anxious to seperate the wheat from the chaff. Best of luck with your harvest.
    - bark

Leave a comment:

• Fiddynut
    replied
    Originally posted by BarknPunkin View Post
    Hello Fiddynut and all,
    I just now stumbled across this thread. Perhaps one or a couple could refresh my memory. How long did it take for sports media to stop referring to the Atlanta Braves as the "Atlanta Turncoats"?
    -Bark
    Greetings BarknPunkin.
    Welcome to the the jungle!
    Im too young to remember the Milwaukee Braves but I know a lot of people who were at the 57 world series. It was a great time in Milwaukee, manufacturing was booming and The town was hopping. It was a shame to loose the braves in 66 but I guess thats business. Lucky for us we had Bud Selig here to do whatever it took to get baseball back to Milwaukee. The Brewers have been entertaining us since 1970 and have been a pretty fun team to watch the last few years.
    In other news we love to talk about all kinds of things here including sports, dogs,music,food and even about growing ganja from time to time. Im just a few days from a harvest and I will try to get some pics up of the plants and do a report on how the grow went soon.
    Thanks for stopping by and feel free to join us here whenever you like...Fiddy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X