What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Rodehazrd

Hey guys been down in the mountains for a while we hiked Red River and Natural Bridge areas. Stopped by Furnace Mountain Zen center and visited a friend who is a nun there. it was great after that rain blew through cool dry air in the mountains is rare this time of year. the climbing community all showed up, Red River is a geological oddity and some folk climb all summer. we centered around Slade and the famous Miguels Pizza and did trips out from there,
good sites on the river there to camp for us. They have climbers field where the backpackers hang and a hostel with bed and bath $15 nite for the unequipped climbers.

I waited a bit too long to repot and feed the larrys they got root bound in the four inch pots for 21 days . I gave them some room and a good dose of fish and myko now they are reaching for the sky. 9 of them made it out of ten and the runt is looking good glad i kept it. looks like they will be heavy feeders. The two strongest ones i think are males, tall and thinner than the others. they are setting their sixth set of leaves so I hope to see preflowers soon. Like you fiddy I have some other fems in there. Cotton candy cane and fruity chronic juice. since you had intersex from Swerves gear i will all about watching for males in the larry and hermies in all them.
I am starting soon some seeds i inherited from my friend who is late. He had four white widow fems with no breeder name. I plan to grow them out and give them as holiday gifts as was his custom. Ill call it xxx's Widow. Is that too morbid tell me the truth guys. anybody know what the smoke is like?
I read the mexican food posts. Its great someone is making real mexican and not texmex. We traveled some of mexico and the food changed drastically. Recently one of our kids took me to a hole in the wall he found and We had Tongue tacos. I had talked about that one I had in the south sonoran mountains he had mentioned it to the owner and it turned out you just have to ask not on menu but often available to those who know.

hey Packer fan sounds like another asshat wants to take advantage of your skills. Build me a system with no guarantee, dont walk away RUN. If you didn't like the dude theres likely a good reason especially if you feel it in yer gut.
I just finished cleaning the flowering room and am about to do some drywall to replace the panda film in some spaces. I plan to use shockwave and paint the cement floor with rescue. I used the rescue on my deck and its got little plastic balls in it that rise to the surface of the paint giving traction even if wet. I don't need to break my ass at this point in lift. I dont yet know how to get fresh air in there. Any input would be great the rooms are 8X7 one veg one flower. I plan to put an 8 foot ceiling in the veg room to help keep it warm in winter in flower its 11 foot. I have two sliding glass mirror doors I want to use on two walls to keep the light on the girls. they came from the bedroom where i just replaced the floor I just cant throw out shit and they will wash easier than the film Kinda heavy. One more room of carpet gone. Mrs Hazards migraines get better every time I get rid of one. We have a guest bed still has a rug but I think I have enough cherry flooring left to do it too. I traded for the flooring several years ago and just got around to it. Damn its nice heartwood and the profiles are quite close it wont need much sanding if any.
smokemifugotum
Rodehazrd

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
glad to have you back rode!
that sounds like quite a place you were at
a little bit of something for everyone to enjoy

they call tongue "lengua"
even some great mexican places around here stay away from the lengua so you know its kind of hard to find
you must be an adventerous eatter!
/my mom ate beef tongue growing up, so its nothing new to me
/also keep an eye out for tripas and cabeza tacos

that is great you and the mrs work so well together, fiddy
most of life isnt all about fun and it takes a special person to be by
yeah, im stoked on the fitbit
i like numbers and graphs and data and shit, so its a fun way to track several different metrics at once
plus there are all these different badges you can earn and challenges ,so its right up my alley
/plus its another thing mrsChicky and can i do together

yeah man, back pain is something ive lived with pretty much all my life
sounds like you've been there too,brother!

packerfan79

Veteran
Rode, yeah,I passed on the gig. I have never been in a real partnership with another grower, or anybody else. My uncle hit me up about doing a bigger grow , but he's not able to move his portion and I can't either. So it wouldn't work. Sounds like you and the Mrs. Had an epic adventure. So cool that you guys can do that kind of stuff together. My wife hates camping and dirt, sucks cause I want to do some backpacking. She's overprotective of the kids, and I am ready to drag the kids up and down the Pacific Crest trail like a mad man, lol. She had fun when we went on our last hike , so mabey their is a little hope

Rodehazrd

I hear a lot of grousing about bad back
my experience is that its caused by a weak front
get down and do some ab work and and plank for a few min each day it fixed me my back hurt for 50 years as one of my legs is shorter from a car wreck. a guy at the swim club where we belong nearly killed me for four weeks doing core work charged me 70 bucks a week for three visits . have not awakened with a back ache since all the joints hurt at night due to my strange arthritis but I pop up in the morning bright eyed and bushy tailed.
I needed a guy for sure I would never have done it alone as I am a Lazy Fuck. He encouraged me to do what I could and modified the moves until I could do it. In the end I got off cheap.
Rodehazrd

Rodehazrd

Rode, yeah,I passed on the gig. I have never been in a real partnership with another grower, or anybody else. My uncle hit me up about doing a bigger grow , but he's not able to move his portion and I can't either. So it wouldn't work. Sounds like you and the Mrs. Had an epic adventure. So cool that you guys can do that kind of stuff together. My wife hates camping and dirt, sucks cause I want to do some backpacking. She's overprotective of the kids, and I am ready to drag the kids up and down the Pacific Crest trail like a mad man, lol. She had fun when we went on our last hike , so mabey their is a little hope

Hey pf
try to give her some easy safe trails and buy sticks. we will cheat anytime we can on hills if you can drive to the top we do and walk from there .
we carry rugs for in the cooking area and in front of the tent so dirt is a little less. I try to put up a twenty foot square fly over our site in case of rain and keeps tables clean i also do most of the cooking and cleaning so she likes that and makes a big deal over my hobo fare. We stay in modern campgrounds so I carry a electric skillet and coffee pot to heat water and thats it . I have a one burner propane for boiling shrimp or soups but rarely use it. one pot meals rule.
Im glad you want to get the kids out they need to be away from the internet sometimes. Pacific Crest may be a bit much to bite off just yet. :laughing:
Rodehazrd

packerfan79

Veteran
Yeah rode, you are correct, the wife won't even go camping if their are not showers. Hopefully when my boys get older, the Pacific Crest trail is on the bucket list. I had a hippy friend who did it the year after high school . You have to cross a few freeways now so it's not like it,was in the early days.I have to get out in nature or I get a little coo coo. Unfortunately I don't fish much because it's California all the lakes a full of trash and generally don't want to eat the fish. Thier is a spot I used to fish and then they had a toxic algae bloom.

I helped my buddy who helps me with my grow, trim his crop. Kinda weird I usually tell him what to do.I am itching to get my weed shed upgraded, want to add a damper to my exhaust so I can keep it a little warmer in the winter. Trying to save some money to swap out the 600 in veg for a 630 de Cmh. But they are crazy expensive like 7 or8 bills.

Fiddynut

Hey guys been down in the mountains for a while we hiked Red River and Natural Bridge areas. Stopped by Furnace Mountain Zen center and visited a friend who is a nun there. it was great after that rain blew through cool dry air in the mountains is rare this time of year. the climbing community all showed up, Red River is a geological oddity and some folk climb all summer. we centered around Slade and the famous Miguels Pizza and did trips out from there,
good sites on the river there to camp for us. They have climbers field where the backpackers hang and a hostel with bed and bath $15 nite for the unequipped climbers.

I waited a bit too long to repot and feed the larrys they got root bound in the four inch pots for 21 days . I gave them some room and a good dose of fish and myko now they are reaching for the sky. 9 of them made it out of ten and the runt is looking good glad i kept it. looks like they will be heavy feeders. The two strongest ones i think are males, tall and thinner than the others. they are setting their sixth set of leaves so I hope to see preflowers soon. Like you fiddy I have some other fems in there. Cotton candy cane and fruity chronic juice. since you had intersex from Swerves gear i will all about watching for males in the larry and hermies in all them.
I am starting soon some seeds i inherited from my friend who is late. He had four white widow fems with no breeder name. I plan to grow them out and give them as holiday gifts as was his custom. Ill call it xxx's Widow. Is that too morbid tell me the truth guys. anybody know what the smoke is like?
I read the mexican food posts. Its great someone is making real mexican and not texmex. We traveled some of mexico and the food changed drastically. Recently one of our kids took me to a hole in the wall he found and We had Tongue tacos. I had talked about that one I had in the south sonoran mountains he had mentioned it to the owner and it turned out you just have to ask not on menu but often available to those who know.

hey Packer fan sounds like another asshat wants to take advantage of your skills. Build me a system with no guarantee, dont walk away RUN. If you didn't like the dude theres likely a good reason especially if you feel it in yer gut.
I just finished cleaning the flowering room and am about to do some drywall to replace the panda film in some spaces. I plan to use shockwave and paint the cement floor with rescue. I used the rescue on my deck and its got little plastic balls in it that rise to the surface of the paint giving traction even if wet. I don't need to break my ass at this point in lift. I dont yet know how to get fresh air in there. Any input would be great the rooms are 8X7 one veg one flower. I plan to put an 8 foot ceiling in the veg room to help keep it warm in winter in flower its 11 foot. I have two sliding glass mirror doors I want to use on two walls to keep the light on the girls. they came from the bedroom where i just replaced the floor I just cant throw out shit and they will wash easier than the film Kinda heavy. One more room of carpet gone. Mrs Hazards migraines get better every time I get rid of one. We have a guest bed still has a rug but I think I have enough cherry flooring left to do it too. I traded for the flooring several years ago and just got around to it. Damn its nice heartwood and the profiles are quite close it wont need much sanding if any.
smokemifugotum
Rodehazrd
Good afternoon Rodehazrd.

Sounds like another great adventure you guys were on. I went camping in Kentucky once but for the life of me I can't remember where the place was. It was a long time ago. There were a lot of mountain biking trails and some lakes I think.

That zen center sounds cool and what a great mission to promote understanding and piece amongst people through meditation. Nothing wrong with peace love and understanding.

The pizza place looks great as well. The owners must be super cool to do so much for the hikers and climbers over the years. No wonder busness is booming. I might have to ride down sometime and check it out. The hostel might be the best place for me when I'm on the bike since I can't carry much gear. Looks like it's about a 500 mile ride from my place.

Sounds like your Larrys are coming along nicely. I'll bet you'll be seeing the preflowers soon. I have noticed that often the tallest and lanky ones turn out to be male too, but I think the tallest GB seedling was female so not always the case. Watch them close weeks 3-5 that's when the hermies seem to show up for me. I'm stoked I just found about a 1/4 of the Larry I had stashed away and forgot about.

I think you would be doing a great thing by growing out the WW and naming it after your buddy. If his tradition was to grow and give out buds as gifts it would be a great way to honor him. The widow part may sound slightly morbid if he has a wife that is still alive but not overly so. You could go with xxx's cut WW or something. Anyway the name is not important but the thought is. If I remember WW was a hard hitting strain very popular a few years ago.

That travel through Mexico sounds great. Lots of diffrent regions all with their own flavors. Tongue is common in Mexican places around here but we know you are an adventurous eater. I'm a big baby about trying new things and I'm sure I'm missing out on some really good stuff.

Sounds like you are doing some great upgrades to your flower room. That high traction floor paint is great stuff very durable and no slip.
For getting fresh air in your room I'm not an expert. I do know if you are exhausting air out then fresh air will make its way in one way or another. If exhausting air out a passive intake should be about twice the size of the exhaust. Like as in a 4" fan blowing out should be fine with an 8" hole for new air to get in.

Fiddynut

glad to have you back rode!
that sounds like quite a place you were at
a little bit of something for everyone to enjoy

they call tongue "lengua"
even some great mexican places around here stay away from the lengua so you know its kind of hard to find
you must be an adventerous eatter!
/my mom ate beef tongue growing up, so its nothing new to me
/also keep an eye out for tripas and cabeza tacos

that is great you and the mrs work so well together, fiddy
most of life isnt all about fun and it takes a special person to be by
yeah, im stoked on the fitbit
i like numbers and graphs and data and shit, so its a fun way to track several different metrics at once
plus there are all these different badges you can earn and challenges ,so its right up my alley
/plus its another thing mrsChicky and can i do together

yeah man, back pain is something ive lived with pretty much all my life
sounds like you've been there too,brother!
Good afternoon pop_rocks.

Does your Fitbit keep track of heart rate and stuff too? That would be cool to see how it changes throughout the day when your active and not so much. I love graphs and that kind of stuff. I hated math in school but love things that use practical math like chemistry and statistics. Building a graphic that quickly and accurately shows what you are trying to show is a great thing. I think badges and challenges would help keep me interested and focused. Like Rodehazrd I'm a lazy fuck so I need all the motivation I can get. Maybe some sit ups would help build core muscles and give your back a break.

Fiddynut

Yeah rode, you are correct, the wife won't even go camping if their are not showers. Hopefully when my boys get older, the Pacific Crest trail is on the bucket list. I had a hippy friend who did it the year after high school . You have to cross a few freeways now so it's not like it,was in the early days.I have to get out in nature or I get a little coo coo. Unfortunately I don't fish much because it's California all the lakes a full of trash and generally don't want to eat the fish. Thier is a spot I used to fish and then they had a toxic algae bloom.

I helped my buddy who helps me with my grow, trim his crop. Kinda weird I usually tell him what to do.I am itching to get my weed shed upgraded, want to add a damper to my exhaust so I can keep it a little warmer in the winter. Trying to save some money to swap out the 600 in veg for a 630 de Cmh. But they are crazy expensive like 7 or8 bills.
Good afternoon Packerfan.

My wife isn't into camping either. That's probably why I don't go often. We went camping a couple times the first couple years we dated but haven't been in years. She likes a bathroom to use and running water and all the convinces. I'm more like you and can go without that fancy stuff from time to time. I use to go to really isolated camping spots way up north. You'd have to drive in a few miles on gravel road then hike all your gear back a couple more miles. I liked not having to worry about bumping into other people.

Sounds like a good thing you didn't take that grow job. Like Rodehazrd said if your gut says something isn't right run away.

Let me know how you like the CMH light. I've heard great things about them and I think I want to get one for my next light. You are right they are kind of expensive but great light and less than a top line LED.

Floridian

Veteran
Hey Fiddy,I have to be proud to say since the 70's,Tampa bay is considered a model for other bodies of water when it comes to rejuvenation and cleanliness,nobody gives a second thought when it comes to eating the fish caught here.It's sad when you see the warning signs posted about the condition of the fish in San Fransisco bay,I guess part of it is population but we've done something right in the last several decades thats for sure.Twice a year we have a voluntary cleanup and every time I freak about the tonnage of shit pulled from the beaches and shallows,people really are such fuckin pigs sometimes!So I got my marching orders today from my P.O no such thing as a two or ten hour day so I have to pull seven days to get 50 hours.All of my weekend days in August from 8/5 to 8/26 I will be picking up trash for the Hillsborough sheriffs office that should look good on my resume lol!What a bunch of shit really to spring this on me literally the week I'm supposed to be cut loose.At least my brother will be here to watch my mom when I'm on my little adventure,that only makes me feel a little better..He's OK just not very attentive..at all.O well I will get through it and it will be over.I think by the time my lawyer files a motion I will be halfway done at least,I told this guy about it over 2 weeks ago and when I spoke to him today it was like,OK explain to me whats going on again?Everyone on both sides of the system sucks as far as I'm concerned.Anyway all you guys take care and have fun I'm going to try as best I can lol!I'm fortunate to not let things get me down so much

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club

Does your Fitbit keep track of heart rate and stuff too? That would be cool to see how it changes throughout the day when your active and not so much. I love graphs and that kind of stuff. I hated math in school but love things that use practical math like chemistry and statistics. Building a graphic that quickly and accurately shows what you are trying to show is a great thing. I think badges and challenges would help keep me interested and focused. Like Rodehazrd I'm a lazy fuck so I need all the motivation I can get. Maybe some sit ups would help build core muscles and give your back a break.

yeah teh fitbit keep track of heart rate
it eventually determines your resting hear rate and them uses heart rate to calculate things like calories burned and different types of exercise
(cardio/fat burning)
i like to geek out on graphs and data too

my back problems stem from nerve damage
its just something i live with

Fiddynut

Hey Fiddy,I have to be proud to say since the 70's,Tampa bay is considered a model for other bodies of water when it comes to rejuvenation and cleanliness,nobody gives a second thought when it comes to eating the fish caught here.It's sad when you see the warning signs posted about the condition of the fish in San Fransisco bay,I guess part of it is population but we've done something right in the last several decades thats for sure.Twice a year we have a voluntary cleanup and every time I freak about the tonnage of shit pulled from the beaches and shallows,people really are such fuckin pigs sometimes!So I got my marching orders today from my P.O no such thing as a two or ten hour day so I have to pull seven days to get 50 hours.All of my weekend days in August from 8/5 to 8/26 I will be picking up trash for the Hillsborough sheriffs office that should look good on my resume lol!What a bunch of shit really to spring this on me literally the week I'm supposed to be cut loose.At least my brother will be here to watch my mom when I'm on my little adventure,that only makes me feel a little better..He's OK just not very attentive..at all.O well I will get through it and it will be over.I think by the time my lawyer files a motion I will be halfway done at least,I told this guy about it over 2 weeks ago and when I spoke to him today it was like,OK explain to me whats going on again?Everyone on both sides of the system sucks as far as I'm concerned.Anyway all you guys take care and have fun I'm going to try as best I can lol!I'm fortunate to not let things get me down so much
Good afternoon Floridian.

That's great about the water quality. I remember the water and beaches where we use to go in the 80's were very nice. Good work down there. I hope others catch on, clean water is a great thing. The Pacific Ocean near the SF bay is so diffrent than the golf. The water is more green/brown not the nice blue color like you guys have. It's too cold to swim anywhere I've been in central and north California. Lake Michigan near Milwaukee is usually too cold as well unless there is a strong east wind pushing the surface water over to our side. There are PCB's and other pollutants too. I think you are only supposed to eat 2 fish a year or something. Years of pollution from the old factories in the city use to dump into the Milwaukee river that flows into the lake made it really bad for a while there. It's getting better the last 20 years or so. The city also dumps sewage into the lake when there is a lot of rain it gets over capacity and into the lake it goes. We call it the poop dump. They have dug huge tunnels and reservoirs to try and eliminate that but nothing has worked so far. All and all the lake is pretty clean the city gets all of its drinking water from the lake. Tastes a little poppy though hahaha LOL.

Glad you are not letting your PO get you down. It's a kick in the balls but you just have to get through it. Nothing left to do but smile smile smile. In September you can look back and be glad it's over. A couple more months isn't shit compare to what you've been through so far. Too bad your lawyer couldn't get anything done for you. Sometimes I think lawyers are just as bad as cops and judges. I think the fuckers are all in it together. Just keep on trucking and it will be over before you know it. I know it's easy for me to say that but it's the way it is.

Fiddynut

yeah teh fitbit keep track of heart rate
it eventually determines your resting hear rate and them uses heart rate to calculate things like calories burned and different types of exercise
(cardio/fat burning)
i like to geek out on graphs and data too

my back problems stem from nerve damage
its just something i live with

That's great that Fitbit keeps track of heart rate. That's really useful to be able to look back and see how the ticker is working.
The cardio and calorie burning is a great tool as well.
I do a lot of walking and lifting but not enough cardio.
I might have to check into one of those, might help me to get a little more healthy.

Any big plans for the long weekend? I have to work a short day on Monday but have Sunday and Tuesday off. Still not sure what the plans are for the weekend here. Lots of options with the Brewers at home for the weekend and next week. Summerfest started this week as well. Ever heard of it? It's a music festival on the lake front that is the biggest in the world they say. 1000's of bands over the course of the couple weeks it runs. It's a great place for music lovers that want to see a bunch of bands at one place. It's not the best place to see any one band because the stages are all out in the open and the acoustics arnt great. Plus it gets crowded and beer is expensive. It can be fun for a few hours but I can't take much more than that.

Nerve pain sucks. I'm really lucky not to have something like that with all the bike accidents I've been in. Broken arms, legs ect. but no damage to my back. My wife gets a nerve pain in her jaw and it's really bad. The doctors can't do anything about it. Sounds like you are making the best of it though.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
loving the fitbit so far
its neat to see your daily activity
i like the little challenges as well as the friendly competition wiht the wife and think it does encourage you to move about more

this long weeeknd is all over the place
today is kind of my light day with just a bunch of the usual chores you do over the weekend, (laundry, house keeping, etc)
my nephews wife is flying into town so im trying to coordinate with him and set some things up
a friend wants to host us all for a bbq on sunday
/he mentioned he got a bunch of rib eyes and asked if we could come over

the mrs works monday so im going to take her out to eat and then spend the rest of the day marinating meat and prepping for the 4rth
the 4rth of july is actually one of my favorite holidays in the year
summer is in full swing, everyone is cooking out and taking it easy plus you get to see fireworks

what are your plans for the 4rth
do you have a favorite spot to watch the fireworks?

Fiddynut

loving the fitbit so far
its neat to see your daily activity
i like the little challenges as well as the friendly competition wiht the wife and think it does encourage you to move about more

this long weeeknd is all over the place
today is kind of my light day with just a bunch of the usual chores you do over the weekend, (laundry, house keeping, etc)
my nephews wife is flying into town so im trying to coordinate with him and set some things up
a friend wants to host us all for a bbq on sunday
/he mentioned he got a bunch of rib eyes and asked if we could come over

the mrs works monday so im going to take her out to eat and then spend the rest of the day marinating meat and prepping for the 4rth
the 4rth of july is actually one of my favorite holidays in the year
summer is in full swing, everyone is cooking out and taking it easy plus you get to see fireworks

what are your plans for the 4rth
do you have a favorite spot to watch the fireworks?
Good morning pop_rocks.

Ahh yes Holliday weekend chores. I have a few on the list as well. Sounds like you have some good plans with friends and family. The BBQ Sunday sounds great. Love them ribeye steaks. Are you going to make any sides to bring? Always nice to see out of towners. Is that the same nephew that is a great cook and was interested in doing a food truck?

I'm going to be spontaneous this weekend and see what happens. There are lots of festivities, summerfest, brewer games and things like that to do. One thing I have to do for sure is get to my friends house and check out the plants. The one that hadent shown sex yet should by now and if it's a boy I gotta pull it. She says they are growing like crazy so I can't wait to see how big they are now.

Lunch on Monday sounds good, a treat for both of you. What are you marinading for the 4th? I want to cook up something good just don't know what yet. I'm a fan of the 4th as well. I like most of the holidays but the summer ones seem like the best of them to me. Like you said everyone is outside grilling and enjoying the nice weather. The he lakes are full of boaters and people having fun.

I'm not sure where the best fireworks are. The biggest show is at the lakefront in the city. But you need to get there so early to get a spot I usually don't go the that one. If you have a boat you can watch from the water and avoid the crowd. Every community's as their own fireworks show and they are all good. If you have an extra few hundred bucks you can put on a great show of your own here. While fireworks arnt really legal in most city's you can still get the good ones and they cut you some slack when listing them off right around the holidays. Whenever our nephews from Cali come to visit around the holidays they are amazed at the fireworks you can get here. I think they even smuggled some back to Oakland with them one year. As I get older I get less interested in the lighting off of them myself but it's still fun to see the kids having a good time with them.

Have a great weekend brother...Fiddy.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yeah, the same guy
his wife is a pretty awesome gal and they are both lots of fun to be around
im not sure what we are going to bring over
i got these stuffed jalapenos that my friend loves and we have a ton of fresh cucumbers and tomatoes from the garden, so i will probably make some kind of salad

it sounds like the outdoor plants are doing nice
growing like crazy is a good thing

i usually just climb onto the roof and watch the fireworks from there
the neighbor cranks up the stereo and some people shoot off their own
i can see the local fireworks as well as the fireworks from the fair in teh distance
its fun because there is this spot where we like to sit and i will bring up a blanket and a small cooler of beers
one year we fell asleep up there
that is rad that you can buy fireworks where you are at
i remember how it was going to mexico and seeing all the good stuff they had down there
i bet the kids were stoked
im like you tho, i would rather watch others light them off, i will just enjoy the show

you have a great weeeknd too,brother
that goes for all the rest of the crew too!!
happy 4rth of july!!

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey guys, hope you guys are enjoying the long weekend. Going to be a rough weekend here. Going to the celebration of life for my uncle in a couple hours. This year just keeps getting worse, my mom has had a family friend staying with her. This lady mabey friends with my mom's neighbor , well Thursday she shot herself in her car next door to my mom's house. For some sick reason, the sheriffs wanted her to notify the family. I was pissed my mom has enough to deal with right now. I guess when it rains it pours. Sorry to bum the thread, haven't been able to talk much about it.

Hope those ribeyes are tasty, we are going to be smoking a couple racks of spare ribs and a couple tri tips on Tuesday, then we are going to a fireworks show. I invited mom but she has to work, and isn't feeling very social. It seems like every year I say this year can't be worse th an last year and I am proven wrong.

Rodehazrd

Hey guys, hope you guys are enjoying the long weekend. Going to be a rough weekend here. Going to the celebration of life for my uncle in a couple hours. This year just keeps getting worse, my mom has had a family friend staying with her. This lady mabey friends with my mom's neighbor , well Thursday she shot herself in her car next door to my mom's house. For some sick reason, the sheriffs wanted her to notify the family. I was pissed my mom has enough to deal with right now. I guess when it rains it pours. Sorry to bum the thread, haven't been able to talk much about it.

Hope those ribeyes are tasty, we are going to be smoking a couple racks of spare ribs and a couple tri tips on Tuesday, then we are going to a fireworks show. I invited mom but she has to work, and isn't feeling very social. It seems like every year I say this year can't be worse th an last year and I am proven wrong.

Hey PF
Don't worry about bumming us out we all take it as it comes ups and downs. My Zen friends could quote all day about dark and light and not having one without the other. Sounds like you got a real gem of a Sheriff there. I hope he was a good uncle and you have fond memories. :comfort:

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey PF
Don't worry about bumming us out we all take it as it comes ups and downs. My Zen friends could quote all day about dark and light and not having one without the other. Sounds like you got a real gem of a Sheriff there. I hope he was a good uncle and you have fond memories. :comfort:

Thanks rode, my Zen is good right now, had a big bowl of og topped with some bomb bubble and pint of southern comfort, not doing sobriety right now.

I am determined to make it a good holiday for my kids. We picked up a pool so that's going in tommorow. Best to keep busy.

Fiddynut

yeah, the same guy
his wife is a pretty awesome gal and they are both lots of fun to be around
im not sure what we are going to bring over
i got these stuffed jalapenos that my friend loves and we have a ton of fresh cucumbers and tomatoes from the garden, so i will probably make some kind of salad

it sounds like the outdoor plants are doing nice
growing like crazy is a good thing

i usually just climb onto the roof and watch the fireworks from there
the neighbor cranks up the stereo and some people shoot off their own
i can see the local fireworks as well as the fireworks from the fair in teh distance
its fun because there is this spot where we like to sit and i will bring up a blanket and a small cooler of beers
one year we fell asleep up there
that is rad that you can buy fireworks where you are at
i remember how it was going to mexico and seeing all the good stuff they had down there
i bet the kids were stoked
im like you tho, i would rather watch others light them off, i will just enjoy the show

you have a great weeeknd too,brother
that goes for all the rest of the crew too!!
happy 4rth of july!!
Good morning pop_rocks.

I hope your long weekend is going well. Mine is so far so good. Gotta work for a few hours today then it's back to Holliday mode.

That's cool your nephew and his wife are cool and fun to be around.
Stuffed peppers sound great. If you have lots of cucumbers I can recomend a cucumber salad that I love to make in the summer. It's cucumbers and sliced red onion with or without tomatoes in a sour cream based sauce with apple cider vinegar and dill in it. Let me know if that sounds good I'll post the recipe for ya.

I got a look at the plants at my friends yesterday and they have stretched way up. They are 2-3 times the size they were a week ago when we planted them. They have survived a big thunderstorm and a lot of rain during their first week. The seem tough and look like they are loving being outdoors. The ones for my bro are just starting their first couple sets of leaves and will be a little slow for a week or two but I'm sure will take off once they have some leaves. All is well with the indoor plant too so other than watering every two days not a lot of work to do with them right now.

That is cool you guys can see the fireworks from the comfort of your own home. Like you said, a cooler and blanket is all you need. Just try not to get too drunk and fall off the roof hahahah LOL.

It was kind of rainy yesterday so we didn't do much but the wife has the 4th off and we are defenatly going to check out some fireworks, probably somewhere localy. Lots of little comunities all have there own so we might find one that chill and not too crowded. Looks like nice weather today and tomorrow so should be fun.

Hope you and your family are having a great weekend and have a happy 4th...Fiddy.

Latest posts

Latest posts