• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiddynut
    replied
    Greetings friends.
    Happy Friday!

@DoloDankness. I'm glad that you got to get out on the course. Best ball sounds like fun and it might be interesting to try something like that on the disc golf course.
    Riding off road allows you to concentrate on your riding without all the distractions and danger of cars and trucks. Once you can ride without having to think about what your doing then you will be ready to ride on the road. I've been riding so long that it's automatic. I get on and the bike rides itself, it's all muscle memory. To survive on the road 100% of your attention needs to be on the traffic around you. You need to have an escape plan for every car and truck out there. You need to pretend they they are all trying to run you over and always have a way to avoid them. Even and especially the cars behind you. Always looking and planning your escape. Trust me that is the only way to have a chance out there, you can't trust that they see you or even care if the run you down. Just assume everyone is looking down at there phone. Even if you practice this you can still get hurt or killed at any time out there. I've been banged and broken up a number of times and it's no fun. Lots of my ridding buddies over the years haven't been that lucky and are no longer with us. But I know what you mean about it being in your genes. Same with me my dad got me riding when I was young and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Leave a comment:

• DoloDankness
    replied
    Hey guys I finally got to posting those damn pictures. I have been really busy lately but I should be back regularly soon after I finally get this damn laptop screen fixed lol. Went to the course the other day with a friend to play 18. We played a scramble which is basically best ball. We didn't do too bad but we should've definitely shot under par lol.

@pop_rocks yea brother we try! I've recently been getting these pre pressed burgers from my local grocery store and they're made with rib and brisket meat. They sounded too good to pass up lol. Probably gonna try em out this weekend.

@Fiddy Yessir!! Thats really awesome man, I've ridden a few dirt bikes before and I have a small 125 four stroke. I need a bike when I'm a few years older haha. It's in my genes.

Leave a comment:

• Fiddynut
    replied
    Originally posted by pop_rocks View Post
    sounds like a fun place f'nut and it looks like a good venue for local music
    the governor has totally dropped the ball as far as this covid thing goes here in california and its become a real shit show
    this will most likely be the last straw for a lot of smaller/ med sized businesses and the reaction has only made it worse
    so far i haven had to amend the feedings for the plants
    we used a really good soil that i started last year and it should be enough to get them through a few more weeks of vigorous growth
    /i will probably top dress with some worm casting here at some point
    i still need to get in there and trim up the bottom and get some stakes in for added support
    hope you are having a great week too brother
    got any plans for the weekend?
    im heading over to my buddies place tomorrow and will be bringing a few more plants over

Greetings pop_rocks.
    It seems like a lot of our officials have made a lot of mistakes in the past few months. Obviously this is all new for them and all of us but it dosent mean we should throw common sense out the window. I think that they are getting a lot of conflicting information from the "experts" and having a hard time figuring out practices that will work in the real world. For a time there my neighbors in Michigan were banned from going fishing in a boat by themselves. How does that type of policy even come about let alone make sense? I hope for the best but I fear that you are right about this being the beginning of a second wave of hardships for small and medium businesses.
    That's cool that you have a great soil and your buddy can just add water. Speaking of soil, my normal place hasn't had happy frog and I've been out since the last pot up. I was really having to look around to find some and thought I may have to switch to something else but I finally found some. I wonder if there is a shortage or something? It also makes me think that my style is kind of dependent on certain products and if those became unavailable I'd have to figure something out.
    I hope everything goes well at your buddies with the reinforcements.
    Not sure what's going on this weekend but it's supposed to be supe hot here so probably hang out on the boat and in the water.

Leave a comment:

• pop_rocks
    replied
    thanks brother
    we usually book through that site and i found a whole list of places that could be open during the covid closures but no one took the ball and ran with it; ive been kind of busy with other stuff
    now its kind of last minute for any place
    / i have my gear packed but i doubt we will go

Leave a comment:

• packerfan79
    replied
    Originally posted by pop_rocks View Post
    sounds like a fun place f'nut and it looks like a good venue for local music
    the governor has totally dropped the ball as far as this covid thing goes here in california and its become a real shit show
    this will most likely be the last straw for a lot of smaller/ med sized businesses and the reaction has only made it worse
    so far i haven had to amend the feedings for the plants
    we used a really good soil that i started last year and it should be enough to get them through a few more weeks of vigorous growth
    /i will probably top dress with some worm casting here at some point
    i still need to get in there and trim up the bottom and get some stakes in for added support
    hope you are having a great week too brother
    got any plans for the weekend?
    im heading over to my buddies place tomorrow and will be bringing a few more plants over
    Hey Pop Rocks,

Check out recreation.gov. I believe the campgrounds under the feds are still open. You might be able to find somewhere to go camp.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X