Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by pop_rocks View Post
    hope your weekend is off to a great start f'nut! how are things outside today?
    its hard to complain about the weather here in socal and ive been putting in some time in the garden to get hgns ready for the spring
    no matter where you live you still need to be prepared, you never know when the power will go out or things get crazy
    even in socal we have natural disasters to worry about
    /mostly earth quake, fire but there could be other problems no on anticipates
    i was talking to a friend last night about this very same thign and he was pitifully unprepared
    he had some dry good and a few cans of things, but no water or other essentials
    the funny thing was he said, well ill just stock up when the time comes...
    WRONG!
    /you and the other ten thousand ass holes will all be cramming the stores and anyplace else hoping to get whatever is left; being prepared isnt somethign you wait for the lastr minute to run out and do
    the funny thing is one of out friend made a good case for tsunami here in so cal; something no one is anticipating
    thats why they are problems, people just arent prepared to take care of themselves and then complain when the gov is overwhelmed by an emergency situation
    a few simple things kept around the house can amek all the difference
    this dosent even include weed and drank (for those of us who like to imbide)
    /ill get off my soap box now brother, thanks for letting me vent
    cant wait for our adventure and its all systems go! we are heading out later today and i am excited about the haul
    Good afternoon pop_rocks.
    Happy Monday!
    My weekend was nice! I found and purchased a nice used snowboard and bindings. I also got some really nice snowboard boots. They seem like they are going to be a lot more comfortable than the ones I used a few weeks ago and I'm hoping that means more riding for me. I didn't get a chance to test the equipment out yet but next weekend I will for sure!
    How was your weekend?
    I hope you had a great adventure! Im looking forward to hearing what you did and how it went. Your doing a great job of keeping us in suspense brother!
    Your so right about it being important to be prepared. Its easy to take for granted that we have a wall mart available 24 hours a day for anything we need. As you mentioned if you wait until a disaster strikes you will be too late to get stocked up and you will suffer. We saw how quickly the toilet paper ran out last spring when this covid panic hit. I think it was Badfishy that mentioned how there is always a screen like that at stores in Florida when there is a hurricane predicted. And your so right that water should be at the top of the list. You make a great point about people being irresponsible and expecting the government to bail them out when there is trouble. As we know that's not a good plan just look at the track record.
    Just as predicted the heat wave is here brother. Its in the 30's outside and feels great after the last few weeks of bitter cold. It looks like we are going to have some nice melting temps this week and not too soon. My gutters and roof have a shitload of ice and snow in them.
    With the warm weather yesterday I made sure to get out for a game of disc golf. I had a great time and played better than I have thought I would have given the long layoff. The snow cover on the ground here comes all the way up to the bottom of the basket. I don't think I've seen this much snow on the ground here since I was a kid. Here's a pic of how deep it was at the course yesterday.
    Fiddynut's indoor jungle https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....58#post7781958
    Fiddynut tries some autos https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336087
    Completed grow Larry OG https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=333512
    Completed grow Blackwater https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330253

    Comment


      oh wow man,how deep is that
      / that pole is what? like two or three feet high
      is it hard to walk on, the tracks looked pretty packed down?
      im glad to hear things are starting to warm up for you and while i dont think we are done with winter yet, it should be nice for the next few days
      /take off your shirt and enjoy the nice weather
      you can nver be too prepared but we should all keep a few things around the house for emergencies
      a few gallons of drinking water per person is a must
      some decent food is good, i have canned spam and corned beef, things like that; also have dry goods like a few bags of rice and beans
      you can fit enough emergency supplies for a small family (and a dog, like your fiddy) in one of those big totes
      the weekend was great and me and the mrs had such a great ride!
      /my side still aches from laughing so hard
      good things happen to good people

      Comment


        Originally posted by pop_rocks View Post
        oh wow man,how deep is that
        / that pole is what? like two or three feet high
        is it hard to walk on, the tracks looked pretty packed down?
        im glad to hear things are starting to warm up for you and while i dont think we are done with winter yet, it should be nice for the next few days
        /take off your shirt and enjoy the nice weather
        you can nver be too prepared but we should all keep a few things around the house for emergencies
        a few gallons of drinking water per person is a must
        some decent food is good, i have canned spam and corned beef, things like that; also have dry goods like a few bags of rice and beans
        you can fit enough emergency supplies for a small family (and a dog, like your fiddy) in one of those big totes
        the weekend was great and me and the mrs had such a great ride!
        /my side still aches from laughing so hard
        good things happen to good people
        Good afternoon pop_rocks.
        That basket is at least 2-1\2 feet and probably 3 feet off the ground. As you saw it was all packed down around where people were walking but right up to the bottom where no one had stepped. There was a nice packed down path between the tee and the baskets and if you stayed in the fairway it was pretty good. If you made a wild throw you had to post hole through the deep stuff and would have been wishing for snow shoes. I only went I to the deep snow a couple of times and had a bunch of birdies. I felt really good about how well I shot.
        Im sure your right about winter being far from over, especially here. We get plenty of cold weather and snow in March and even April. We even ha a pretty big snowstorm in May here when I was a teenager. But I think we are getting g to the point where we are probably not looking at the bitter sub zero temps. I can deal with coll.weather and as much snow as we can get but the arctic blasts are what make me miserable.
        I agree that canned and dry foods are what you want if shit were to hit the fan. In the winter those of us that live up here could probably keep fresh food cold for a while but not indefinitely. People forget that when the power goes down so does your fridge and freezer. We can also be a little more careless about keeping water up here because we have so much fresh water in all the lakes here.
        Im glad you two had a great time over the weekend. I always use to get a case of the giggles when I was younger and took a voyage but these days I'm more introverted and less expressive. I get to to my music and if there is a bonfire I can stare at the flames for hours. You are certainly good people and good things are happening for you! I hope your having a great day buddy!
        Fiddynut's indoor jungle https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....58#post7781958
        Fiddynut tries some autos https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336087
        Completed grow Larry OG https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=333512
        Completed grow Blackwater https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330253

        Comment


          hey thanks brother; you are good people too plus a lot of good friends here
          /f'yeah to good people!
          the snow golf scene sounds fun as long as you are pretty good
          /i bet you can find a lot of discs once the now melts
          thats funny because i was going to ask you about if you had snow shoes to traverse the banks
          even one of those packs of spam from costco and some beans in a can would be good place to start for your survival rations
          you would eat the stuff in the fridge/ freezer first and with a few canned goods you would be good to go for at least a week
          you are so right about how you dont have to worry about water as much
          with plenty of fresh snow and stuff i bet you would have plenty of water to drink and even clean things
          i know what you mean about getting introspective and just grooving
          im looking forward to taking another balloon ride soon
          you have a great day too buddy! the week is flying by and i cant wait for the weekend

          Comment


            Originally posted by pop_rocks View Post
            hey thanks brother; you are good people too plus a lot of good friends here
            /f'yeah to good people!
            the snow golf scene sounds fun as long as you are pretty good
            /i bet you can find a lot of discs once the now melts
            thats funny because i was going to ask you about if you had snow shoes to traverse the banks
            even one of those packs of spam from costco and some beans in a can would be good place to start for your survival rations
            you would eat the stuff in the fridge/ freezer first and with a few canned goods you would be good to go for at least a week
            you are so right about how you dont have to worry about water as much
            with plenty of fresh snow and stuff i bet you would have plenty of water to drink and even clean things
            i know what you mean about getting introspective and just grooving
            im looking forward to taking another balloon ride soon
            you have a great day too buddy! the week is flying by and i cant wait for the weekend
            Good afternoon pop_rocks.
            Thank you for the kind words. Your right there are some great people here on icmag! Social media and internet forums often bring out the worst in people but we are here for a common goal and that seems to help eliminate a lot of the argumentative shit I see in other places on the net.
            Nothing beats a game of disc on a beautiful 75 degree day but if you want to keep playing year around in a lot of places you have to play in all different conditions. I was using that pink disc on Sunday because its so easy to see it against the white snow background. I bet your right that there are quite a few discs buried under the snow and when it finally melts some people are going to have some new plastic in their bags. Fall is another great time to find discs out on the course. During summer the grass and brush are so thick that plenty of discs get lost and when that dies off in the fall you can find a bunch. I found 4 discs in one round a couple of falls ago.
            I don't have snowshoes because we don't usually have enough snow on the ground to need them here. If this keeps up I might have to get a set.
            Spam and beans would make a great meal during a disaster or in the aftermath of one. I use to go a a Hawaiian bar in San Francisco that had a bunch of spam based dishes on the menu.
            Your right the week is flying by and I'm really looking forward to getting on the snowboard this weekend.
            Fiddynut's indoor jungle https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....58#post7781958
            Fiddynut tries some autos https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336087
            Completed grow Larry OG https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=333512
            Completed grow Blackwater https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330253

            Comment


              happening brother! hope you are having a great week
              it soudns like things are warming up all over and i think we are goign to get nice weather here in so cal for the rest of the week
              /they were planning for a cool down but we still have the warm dry winds (it did get to 30'something last night)
              thats rad that you are getting a new board this weekend and i hope you get a chance to enjoy it
              are you thinking of going somplace local or maybe taking a drive to snowboard?
              you cant go wrong with spam or other canned meat in a camp cooking situation
              i also like corned beef hash and things like that, especially around the house where i dotn have to carry the cans
              hope your week wraps up nicely and you have a great weekend ahead!

              Comment


                Originally posted by pop_rocks View Post
                happening brother! hope you are having a great week
                it soudns like things are warming up all over and i think we are goign to get nice weather here in so cal for the rest of the week
                /they were planning for a cool down but we still have the warm dry winds (it did get to 30'something last night)
                thats rad that you are getting a new board this weekend and i hope you get a chance to enjoy it
                are you thinking of going somplace local or maybe taking a drive to snowboard?
                you cant go wrong with spam or other canned meat in a camp cooking situation
                i also like corned beef hash and things like that, especially around the house where i dotn have to carry the cans
                hope your week wraps up nicely and you have a great weekend ahead!
                Good afternoon pop_rocks.
                I'm having a great week so far and I hope you are as well!
                Its been in the mid 30's to about 40 here all week and we've been getting some sun too. We are starting to get some nice melting but temps get back below freezing during the night and things get icy until it warms up again the next day. I would bet that thirty something last night felt pretty chilly to y'all but a little crisp air once in a while must also be a nice change.
                I got the board and boots now I just need to test them out. Im going to stay local for this next ride, either Saturday or Sunday to make sure all my equipment is working well. If all goes well this weekend I'm looking at a trip up north or to the upper Peninsula of Michigan in a couple of weeks. The hills are bigger up there and the lake effect snow off of lake superior is going to be deeper than around here. We are starting to get a bit late in the season so I doubt ill be taking a trip out west to ride this year.
                I also want to get back on the disc golf course this weekend too!
                My bro was up in the UP of Michigan snowmobiling and is bringing back some treats from the dispensary. Michigan seems to have a good recreation law and some really good product in the dispensaries. I love my buds but some variety is always a good thing.
                I hope your week finishes off strong and you have a great weekend on tap!
                Fiddynut's indoor jungle https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....58#post7781958
                Fiddynut tries some autos https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336087
                Completed grow Larry OG https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=333512
                Completed grow Blackwater https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330253

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Fiddynut View Post
                  Good afternoon pop_rocks.
                  I'm having a great week so far and I hope you are as well!
                  Its been in the mid 30's to about 40 here all week and we've been getting some sun too. We are starting to get some nice melting but temps get back below freezing during the night and things get icy until it warms up again the next day. I would bet that thirty something last night felt pretty chilly to y'all but a little crisp air once in a while must also be a nice change.
                  I got the board and boots now I just need to test them out. Im going to stay local for this next ride, either Saturday or Sunday to make sure all my equipment is working well. If all goes well this weekend I'm looking at a trip up north or to the upper Peninsula of Michigan in a couple of weeks. The hills are bigger up there and the lake effect snow off of lake superior is going to be deeper than around here. We are starting to get a bit late in the season so I doubt ill be taking a trip out west to ride this year.
                  I also want to get back on the disc golf course this weekend too!
                  My bro was up in the UP of Michigan snowmobiling and is bringing back some treats from the dispensary. Michigan seems to have a good recreation law and some really good product in the dispensaries. I love my buds but some variety is always a good thing.
                  I hope your week finishes off strong and you have a great weekend on tap!

                  Comment


                    i dont mind the cold mornings and they are kind of nice like you said
                    cold crisp air while i go outside and take in the morning, plus im still all warmed up from my shower and wearing warm clothes
                    its been gettign nice in the afternoons with off shore winds and temps in the 70's
                    me and the ex-mrs are talking about camping and i am down to go whereever
                    i love the desert and this is the season, but i wouldent mind cold camping again in the mountains
                    she is taking a friday off soon so we are going to make a long weekend of it
                    thats great that you got your new gear
                    have you put the boots on and clipped in? how about taking a little slide outside just to see how the new board feels?
                    i hope you like your new set up and get in a great session
                    what did your brother bring back? its always fun to try new smoke
                    you have a great weekend too brother!

                    look at the guy crash! looks like he was sleeping just fine under all that snow
                    /you can tell by how its all caked and cracked
                    thats a beautiful dog, whats its name?

                    Comment


                      Hi pops ... his names Jack “the call of the Wild”

                      Comment


                        Greetings friends.
                        Happy Friday! I hope y'all had a great week.
                        For me the week has gone really well and flown by. We are starting to get busy at work and spring is in the air. Its amazing how much better peoples moods are this week here with some sunshine and warmer temperatures. With the days getting longer it gives some hope that summer will find its way back around and warm days are on the way!

                        @pop_rocks. There is something really comforting about putting on a nice hoodie and getting out in the crisp air. Towards the end of summer here we always get that first cool day and it feels great. The summer heat gets stagnant and the cool temps give us a taste of fall. I love living in a place with 4 distinct seasons because too much of the same weather can get boring. I just wish sometimes winter was a little shorter. I wouldn't mind a few days in the 70's like you are having. We can get some nice days here in March so maybe I'm not far off from that.
                        A camping trip sounds like a great time. I know you guys had lots of fun last time you went to the mountains. I suppose the Observatory is still closed. Whatever you decide to do I'm sure you'll make the most of it!
                        I strapped into the board in my living room but I have to get out on the hill and make some cuts with it before I really start adjusting the straps and finding a comfortable setting. It looks like Sunday will be the day for that.
                        My bro brought back a couple of different strains of flower and got me 2 carts of oil. One of the types of flower is a wedding cake cross and I forget the other. They are both tasty and potent. I prefer flower but I like the carts for keeping a low profile in a bar or somewhere its too windy to use a lighter on a bowl or anywhere else I need to be discrete.
                        Do you have anything exciting planned for the weekend?

                        @star_crash. Pop is right that's a beautiful dog. He is totally prepared for the weather and looks warm and sleepy even when crusted with snow. Its pretty amazing how an animal can have a coat that can keep them warm in such cold and also make it work during summer when its warm. It's nice to see you posting and I hope all is well with you!
                        Fiddynut's indoor jungle https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....58#post7781958
                        Fiddynut tries some autos https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336087
                        Completed grow Larry OG https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=333512
                        Completed grow Blackwater https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330253

                        Comment


                          happening brother! hope you are getting used to the new look here
                          how did the new board work out for ya?
                          i recently was gifted soem nice cuts of wedding cake and a couple other strains and cant wait to see how they grow out
                          did you smoek any of the the cake your bro brought back?
                          what are your plans for the weekned?
                          i am heading out to the mountins here in a few weeks and think i might do some hiking this weekend just to get loose
                          plus we have some visual aids that we want to take and a nice long walk would provide the perfect stage to enjoy the show
                          hope you arew having a great week man

                          Comment


                            Greetings friends.
                            Happy Monday!
                            All is well here. I've had a great week or so since I've posted last. My test run on the snowboard went so well last weekend that I decided to head to Michigan's upper Peninsula for some more riding before the all the snow melts. I think I got the trip in just in time because there was far less than average snow over the season and its been very warm here and extending up there for a couple weeks. The conditions were great for spring boarding with temps close to 40 and full sun on the slopes. Somehow my old ass was able to ride for back to back days and since there were no lift lines I got maximum runs in and I didn't even injured myself. All and all I wasn't even sore except a little muscle soreness from using muscles that don't get much use otherwise.
                            In addition to my trip to to the UP I was able to see some live music last weekend. Saturday night was a local reggae band and Sunday was one of my favorite local jam bands called Earthmother. I hadn't seen any live music since Thanksgiving and it was high time.

                            pop_rocks. To be honest I'm not digging the new look here and I'm having a hard time navigating. Also my pics are gone and when I clicked on the pictures button on the thread its a bunch of random pics that don't have anything g to do with this thread. I hope that we can get our pics back and get things working right here. Im sure as I use things more ill figure out the interface better but there are a lot of people having issues with functionality.
                            As I mentioned the boarding went better than I could have dreamed. The new boots are so comfortable that I have no pain from riding, even back to back days. And my riding skills came right back I'm comfortable riding black diamond rated trails. But its almost 60 degrees today and going to be a warm week so time to put away the board for the year and get set for spring.
                            That's great news about your new cuts of wedding cake. I did sample some and it was really nice. The other strain strain was called garlic juice and was really good too.
                            I had a great weekend seeing the two bands and all the familiar faces at the shows.
                            I hope you got some hiking in over the weekend and had a great time.





                            ​​​​
                            ​​​
                            Fiddynut's indoor jungle https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....58#post7781958
                            Fiddynut tries some autos https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336087
                            Completed grow Larry OG https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=333512
                            Completed grow Blackwater https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330253

                            Comment


                              What's up jungle mates,

                              I have to agree, the site is much harder to navigate. I was hoping that pics would be easier to upload from my phone. Doesn't look like that's the case.

                              Hope everyone is having a great start to the week . I'll be harvesting some wedding cake this weekend, definitely a favorite around here.

                              I picked up a pineapple kush clone from my buddy last week. She's supposed to be done in 47 days. As long as she's tasty and potent, she's going to be around my garden for some time.

                              GLG is giving away some auto seeds, I got in on it, always room for more seeds he he.

                              Comment


                                happening p,man! hope you are doing good brother
                                a lot of people are having probelsm with their pics and stuff but we can only hope the work out the bugs and get us back to where we used to be
                                let us know how that cake smoke my man!
                                the pineapple kush sounds dank and if it has a good nose and a little punch to it that sounds like a keeper for sure
                                what kind of autos did you get? i am changing my mind about autos after growing out aridbuds afterthought autos
                                i grew out a few of his strains outdoors and they were all fat stinky plants
                                hope the fam is doing well and you keep kicking ass at work
                                /isnt the time change coming up?

                                thats great that you liked your new kit fiddy!
                                where did you stay when you went to the up; you must be really good to ride black diamond trails
                                hope you are enjoying the nice spring temps after all that cold weather you guys had this winter
                                i dont think we are out of the woods yet but its nice to have some sun and think about the nice weather to come
                                /i got a bad sun burn working in the garden the other day
                                me and the ex are planning a camping trip for a long weekend in the next couple weeks
                                i cant wait and will enjoy some time under the stars
                                way back in the day grew out a strain that was called garlic bud! most of my friend called it "stink'ass weed" but would smoke it like crazy because it was super strong
                                the hiking was super fun and we actually stumbled on to a couple kids making out
                                i tried to kick some rocks aruond to let the know we were coming down the trail and at about 10m i called out "hey, hows it going"
                                the little girl freaked the fuck out and hid her face and the boy just gave us a sheepish grin
                                i just kind of nodded and said carry on when we passed by

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X