What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mega 120k watt warehouse grow

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yea, looks good, but a grow that big...I would do the following:

a) invest in a better quality camera

b) not post room shots, only bud shots and plant shots (security)

c) use some kind of trays, 4x8 or otherwise, to help frame out your lit areas and to somewhat automate your drainage

Just sayin'.....

thanks, got trays in some of the tents, only about 12 trays to...
i like working around the plants, getting all in them, trays kinda stop that, its like a lil fence around your crop and u cant go walkn thru your own field. anyhow emptying and cleaning trays and checking ph and nute levels is just as much work as just mixing solution and watering.

as far as room shots go....
dont yall wanna see shot of the entire room? not just pics of buds, everyone has buds, not everyone has rooms that go as far as the (crappy) camera can see.

for reasons iwont expand upon im not concerned with security..... its safe and sound and im happy to share it all with you:)
:wave:

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
My hats off to ya!:tiphat:

That puts the saying "Go Big, or Go Home" in perspective.

good luck and stay safe brother

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
some Cali Connect strains have been known to have instability and auto flower traits....i dontknow the make up of the blackwater but if it had the SFV dad that swerve was using it might not be the best for breeding. even though a friend use a CC ****** fire OG for a dad and it made some good crosses...just a heads up. a good of kush dad is one of the hardest things to find....

THANKS SO MUCH for this advice,
i actually had some problems w my cali connect seeds, the chem 4 preflowered super hard under 24 hors of lite, so im done with it for growing but it yielded super great super quick.... so breed with it why not i thought.
and my blackwaters came up 5 out of 5 males, so i took the best male (that was a kick in the balls)
im just workn with what i have for breeding, dont really want to go in search of a daddy, but i guess i could
also im not dye hard for a kush dad, anything will do this is my first time im just havn fun w genetics now.
the only breeding i did before this was backcrossing seeds that i collected while treking the himalayas.... so this i round one, that was my warm up :):):)
PM me if u r going to northern india, i know the villages that are covered.....

G

guest8905

those numbers are staggering.

thanks for sharing your work.

be safe.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Amazing. You are a True Canna-Warrior!

What kind of workload is involved in an operation like this? How many man-hours per day?

How do you handle scheduling? Probably need to plan a lot of things quite far ahead? Or is it that with a big grow like this you just have a well-thought routine that you do every day?
:laughing::laughing::laughing::thank you::laughing::thank you::laughing::thank you:

untill i had it all down, workload was over 60 hours per week, then when i found the right helpers (knoweledgable trustworthy) got proper scheduling (my girlfriend/life partner) and the trimming machine made a big difference for sure

planning only goes about 2 weeks in advance for man hours, as far as cloning and plant production goes, im pretty well on top of that bcuz its just routine now, clone 2x what i need of strains that are not coming up to harvest anytime soon, or just clone what is in demand (bruce banner and blu dream mostly)
I def go in with a plan every day.....
as far as helpers, i try to get them in and out as quick as possible, you wouldn't believe what people do just to spend extra time on the clock in a place like this.
i smoke them down proper then get them on the task at hand, then smoke again, then.... go home buddy.:blowbubbles:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I see these "large hobby grows" and a few things occur to me, such as:

1. How are sales and distribution managed? This appears to require the services of many people and each new person increases the chances of a security problem exponentially. How do you manage that issue?

2. This is a large warehouse facility. Would not the electrical drain and use of water be a dead giveaway as to your activities? How are they cloaked or is Dudley Dooright just too doggone dumb in your area to give a hoot?

I run a huge operation myself. 400 watts, 4-station DWC. Would probably fit in a corner somewhere in this huge thing. LOL!

Your answers will be followed with great interest...

Damn MPD,
did u just call this a hobby grow?
its all pro buddy!

Sales and distribution.... why u want some? its all took care of in the safest way possible, this is like the electrical bill
im not gonna speak on it, it all gets paid or paid for, and so long as that happens everyone stays safe n happy
yes keeping helpers down to a minimum of extremely trustworthy, responsible, dedicated, PASSIONATE, and most importantly knowledgable and experienced people.

2nd question i think is answered by not asnwering already
as far as usage is concerned, the biggest issue for me was water waste from the RO machine,
i hated to think that for every gallon i used almost 2 was running down the drain as waste from the RO
so we switched to just a very good filter, and ive noticed no difference from the plants point of view, and it makes me feel better not wasting water.
i dunno wtf dudley dooright is doing and i don't care, and i expect the same from them

thanks for the interest MPD!:wave::thank you:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nutrients....

nutrients....

I'd love to know what nutes and feeding schedule your using, I'm working with the same medium and wish I had the same results. My god you are one dedicated hard working dude!

thankyouthankyouthankyou
and
:thank you:

Ive gone thru many types of nutes at this place, just about used all the big names:
Canna, H&G, Advanced, GH, Ionic, and something called Cash Crop (shiva A&B base)
for the most part i just follow the schedules on the feeding charts for these plants, usually going lighter at the beginning of flower, boosting up just above recommended dosages around weeks late 4 thru 6 then flush for 2
Also nowadays i run floralicoius plus w everything at 1ml per gal
i also keep a beneficial tea (40 gals) constantly brewing, i make a batch us it on transplants and plants about to be flipped in to flowering and then i mix another batch,
use it up b4 2anda half days
to make the tea i use
Subcultures M & B from GH
mayan Micorizae (from humboldt)
Oregonizm (from .... not sure..... aurora organics or roots)
carbo load (best product advanced makes imho)
molasses if i got it (strapped from botanicare... thank you, finaly bulk molasses without saying you own a cup cake factory) (now can i get it in 5 or 20 gals?)
EDIT: i dont use all these in each tea, i try to make sure i have the M&B but substitute those for oregonizm, the mayan from humbolt is a lil pricey so i dont always use it but its not as bad as pirhana or some of the other beneficials.
also i like cytoplus in my beneficial tea, its a great product, and it needs to have its own thread here on IC mag.... ill do some investigating
cytoplus is a seaweed/humic acid/micro nutrient powder, basically stuff the lil soil buggers need to really be beneficial

that keeps things pretty happy

honestly:
my least fav was Advanced, just too expensive and by the end of flower plants were burning a lil, i needed to flush i the mid of flower i think
ya i don like advanced that much....
canna is great, but expensive
H&G worked well, but expensive,
good ole 3 part GH classic worked great, not to bad on the pocketbook
ionic was decent but kinda dilute for the cost
Cash crop.... interesting

cash crop is good nutes but i checked the metal content and their bloom PK load called "sumo" is really high in nasty heavy metals....
so we don use that anymore do we? of course not
but i cant knock that the cashcrop made some phenomenal bud-age.

PM me for any specific questions 2 nutes if u wan

Last edited:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:laughing: thanks again for the attention and respects, it really means alot

INCOMPLETE STRAIN LIST:
OK here goes , im sure to leave a few out w.out my notes in front of me:

Bubba kush, blue dream, purple haze, durban, la kush, ISS, Black bubba, cali orange, kurple, Bruce Banner (#3 mofos!!!!) armageddeon skunk, Vanilla Kush, God Bud, Death Star, HP-13, hawaiian, AK-NL,

i kno im leaving some out... i hope their feelings aren't hurt
:)

strains that hermaphrodited on me so i quarantined then cut from production:
chernobyl, agent orange, pink maui, querkle, AK47, Big Bud, Supersilver haze (not the real cut, some garbage), space queen, Cheesequake,

i hate to say this: but all the TGA/subcool genetics i ran here hermaphrodited
its a damn shame but those ladies are out! but TGA is good shit from all my *other* experiences w them
great taste great smell, ok yeilds across the board
Agent Orange is THE MOST orangey citrus tasting weed i have ever smoked upon, but lowish yields. my new fav. citrus strain is tang. Diesel, and I am about to do a run (not at the mega, at a different grow) of barneys tang. dream that won the cup last year, very very sativa growth style

OK, im just not goin to talk about the BILL for electricity, just not worth discussing, lets just say that so long as it is paid, everyone stays happy, right? and its probably pretty high :)
I will say the building is on 3phase power from the best i can tell
ive got some great pics coming up of the power room and electrical work and some old school infrastructure in the building that i think looks cool.....

so keep an eye on this one.

skyhigh35

Avi you hard working son of bitch. congrats on being the new drool factor on here. nothing but respect, u clearly diverse it! got 1 question, roughly what is overhead cost a month of all aspects of this project?

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
trimming machine

trimming machine

Avinash.miles, could you tell us which harvest machine you use and your experience's with them!?

ok
ive been posting on a trimming machine threat, not alot but some

i use a machine called the Satellite, all made in america (i like that, cuz not 2 much stuff worth buying is made in america these days)
it kicks ass.

my experience is that most people already have their mind made up to be "old school" about trimming,
everyone sez
"it rapes your harvest"
"it destroys the buds"
"it kills the taste"
"it cuts big chunks out of the buds"
"it smashes my buds"

but what is "it"
trim reaper
trim pro

ya
satellite is the shit and i hope i dont get skrewed with by mods for saying so, i am in no way advertisin for EZTrim Satellite, i kno the guys who make it, but don work for them, i paid cash money for my machine and im just a user with good things to say about the product
that being said:

nice vid of the machine being used
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rICwrdU_A7E

cleaning vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PySeabAwHhs

cleaning is usually not that hardcore as in the video unless you use it alot without cleaning
like all things
regular maintenance means better running and easier maintenance
i just cleaned my machine after a big big trim, I could tell the trimmers didn't clean as often as they needed to, so it was worse than the one in the video
it took me just about an hour and a half to really get into every nook n cranny, i use 90% isopropyl
the machine runs much better clean of course, the buds are done quicker.

people tell me you can get more money for hand trimmed buds.
but i don't believe it
everyone wants it cheaper and better, if u lay out two bags, one hand trimmed and one machine trimmed, how much more do u expect some1 to pay for the hand trimmed bag? truth is if it is the same product people want to pay the same for it, and given a choice they want that price to be lower rather than higher, right?
so people choose the machine trimmed bud, because it is cheaper to trim it is cheaper to sell..... rite?
seems to me its a buyers market (maybe thats just where i am at in the country, i kno lots of places are dry, but round me its a buyers market)
and the machine doesn't impact quality at all, sometimes trimmers fingers rape buds more than rotating rubber tines.

i love the machine,
i also love to hand trim from time to time but obviously im busy doing other things....:laughing:

until next time!:wave:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Avi you hard working son of bitch. congrats on being the new drool factor on here. nothing but respect, u clearly diverse it! got 1 question, roughly what is overhead cost a month of all aspects of this project?

seriously, thats ur only question?
too bad because that's not one i wanna talk about on here.
sorry
maybe this post will let others know what im here for, and what i think ICmag is really for:
Sharing knowledge and experiences about the plant, growing, using, breeding, production, research and development.
costs of operation are the boring part of all this, and what it costs me could vary wildly depending upon where i choose to do it. Even a few miles could make a difference in cost, especially on this scale, something that costs 1 $ per lite per day..... ends up being alot at the end of the month (u do the math)
also, when i put up pics of the electrical work i hope yalls opinions don change to bad...
im warning you
it aint all pretty
but it works well. Ill b the first to admit, im no electrician. but i am sure that this place could be wired up better, more efficient, more cost effective
im sure that we wasted alot of money on that RO water running down the drain
so what it cost is and isn't what it costs

i know sometimes we sway wildly on the cost of labor, obviously skilled people deserve more, and im not willng to pay unskilled people the same a skilled
that being said,
its a shame when your valuable experienced gardeners are being paid to trim, sweep up, and other generally "unskilled" jobs.
that being said
even some smart people cant sweep a floor as good as some "unskilled" people.

ANYHOW
im here to share and learn about this plant, because one of the worst parts of the prohibition of this majikal plant is the prohibition of the knowledge.
thats it
i hate that the plant being illegal has made people so stupid about that plant, all kind of lies and misinformation gets spread and there is no authority to say one way or the other, not end all answer like there would be if we were all growing carrots or grapes or cotton or apples or rice or mung bean sprouts (mmmmmm sprouts!)

cost is illusion
knowledge and experience are real
:wave:

J

juicepuddle

^Be safe, don't give out any info your not comfy with, even end yields haha, happens alot of the time, that question about monthly costs is one I would avoid as well heh, ignore the questions that are not answerable, don't worry if our opinions change ;)

ianSF

Amazing grow! Thanks for posting and answering questions.

re: Molasses

"(strapped from botanicare... thank you, finaly bulk molasses without saying you own a cup cake factory)"

I buy 4 gallon bulk containers from my local feed store for $14. Farmers use it as a "frosting" to make hay taste better for the cows or something like that. I can buy 12-20 gallons at a time and no one asks any questions...

Latest posts

Latest posts