What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HempKat & The Insane Clone Posse

Snot Poker

HempKat,
I've been reading through some of IC 's threads and I've seen your posts/advice in some ot them that sounded like it's comming from someone who knows what he is speaking about, pay attention here Snot Poker I just might learn sumtin! :respect:
Thanks for starting this G/J I look forward to your info & PIXS
JJ, hope you figger out the 2 that did make it and then tell the rest of us what to do or not do next time.
GROW WELL,
Snot Poker

Last edited:

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had a bubble cloner in a cabinet with clones in it and then I had some clones in cups. The pump from the cloner was vibrating and I am wondering if the vibrating hurt them or if it was to humid with the bubble cloner in there with the doors closed. I took out the bubbler and started some others, so we will see, lol..........I SHALL PERSEVERE, LOL.......

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Snot Poker said:
HempKat,
I've been reading through some of IC 's threads and I've seen your posts/advice in some ot them that sounded like it's comming from someone who knows what he is speaking about, pay attention here Snot Poker I just might learn sumtin! :respect:
Thanks for starting this G/J I look forward to your info & PIXS
JJ, hope you figger out the 2 that did make it and then tell the rest of us what to do or not do next time.
GROW WELL,
Snot Poker

Well I can't promise you'll learn anything since the secret to my success is that the plant does all the work. :D Still I try to give out as much useful info as I can so it's rare that people don't find something of interest. :smile: If nothing else I at least try to be funny now and then so that the thread is at a minimum, entertaining. :D

HempKat

Veteran
JJScorpio said:
I had a bubble cloner in a cabinet with clones in it and then I had some clones in cups. The pump from the cloner was vibrating and I am wondering if the vibrating hurt them or if it was to humid with the bubble cloner in there with the doors closed. I took out the bubbler and started some others, so we will see, lol..........I SHALL PERSEVERE, LOL.......

I got faith in ya JJ. Just stop for a moment, stand still, straighten your back, relax, take a nice deep breath...breath out ahhhhhhhhhh. There, now go get 'em Tiger!

Hey what can I say, this C-99 makes me goofey :bat:

B

BeAn

I remember bookmarking the C99 thread on OG..

I remember bookmarking the C99 thread on OG..

Good to see how things have come along, i think im gonna germinate a few femm'd C99 for this outdoor season.. :D

Keep up the good work HK.. Stay frosty man.. :cool:

HempKat

Veteran
BeAn said:
Good to see how things have come along, i think im gonna germinate a few femm'd C99 for this outdoor season.. :D

Keep up the good work HK.. Stay frosty man.. :cool:

If you do, I hope you share pictures of them when they reach harvest, I'd love to see how they do outdoors.

B

BeAn

All shall be documented...

All shall be documented...

.....In my diary..:D

^^Have a cookie.. :yummy:

HempKat

Veteran
Okay a brief update, I staked out a few plants to help the light more easily penetrate into some of the plants. Beyond that nothing major to report, they all seem to be doing well and are coming right along with their growth. I did determine that I'll need to go atleast another week of veg to get them where I want them come flower time. Anyway here are some pics.

9652C-99-Clones-Week-1-Update-Growroom1.jpg

9652C-99-Clones-Week-1-Update-Growroom11.jpg

WAMEN

Joint Date: Today.
Veteran
iz classic Hempy...

you got a professional grow right there...as always...

good luck pot head...

HempKat

Veteran
WAMEN said:
iz classic Hempy...

you got a professional grow right there...as always...

good luck pot head...

That's professional? Know anyone that's hiring? :D

Pot head? I resemble that remark! :biglaugh:

Last edited:

HempKat

Veteran
Wow, well either a spell has been cast, everyone has been overwhelmingly busy, nobody gives a damn any more as JJ's new avatar suggests (BTW JJ I think it's hilariously creative :tup: ) or I have once again unwittingly insulted the entire community with some offhand remark that got taken the wrong way again. Worse yet maybe even all of the above.

Whatever the matter we find myself here with an update and more pics. I've basically been watering every 4 days feeding 50/50 veg/flower fert supplimenting with molasses and Liquid karma trying to feed the root zone. I was treating occasionally with super thrive during the long veg the clones went thru waiting for the room to open but am now cutting that off also in preperation for flower (superthrive has been reported to interfere with the plants cycles in flower) just as a precaution. Plus by flower you shouldn't need something like superthrive. Each plant is going thru about 1 gallon of water every 4 days. The 1000W MH is currently 22" above the plants and the average height from ground to tip is 23". I have also been somewhat manipulating the stalks attempting to promote them to grow stronger using a technique I believe is called crushing the hurd? Not sure of the name but basically you bruise the main stalks and branches by pinching them. The plant heals the damage and the area becomes stronger and can transport more fluids. Now the intent is not to majorly crush any thing, the rule is just hard enough until you feel it give a bit. You are just going for micro fractures. There is something like this used in training a plant where you want to change the direction something is going , in that instance you may actually need to do more then pinch and you'll need to brace it in the proper direction. In this case though I'm not trying to change the shape too much just trying to enhance things a bit. :)

As usual I have a round of pics so here we go with that:

The above is an example of what my lights on, temps and humidity are.

Last edited:

HempKat

Veteran
Here's a shot of the four clones that I'm calling time travellers as these themselves will not be grown out. I will take clones soon though and maybe even have to take clones from those, to get to the point I want to be at when I start up again in the fall. I'll be starting some new testers so having a batch ready to flower while I veg the new ones from seed will give me a head start. The only drawback to my plan is it's going to be so hard to kill the ones I'll have to kill. :eek:

HempKat

Veteran
Wow, well I must say, a week and only one person bothered to peek in and comment? I feel like I woke up in the twilight zone :D

Ah well, such is life. Anyway it is now the start of week 3 of veg under the 1000W light and after being transplanted into 7gallon pots. The arerage height or the canopy is at 24 inches above ground, there are a few grow tips that go higher. They are steadily using a gallon a day and there is a tremendous amount of leaf growth and in rather tight bunches which doesn't work to well for the lower leaves in the bunch. Their diet consists of a 50/50 mix of veg and bloom ferts supplemented with blackstrap molasses and Liquid Karma.

Now I wanted to focus on the molasses for a moment. When using molasses ideally you want to use blackstrap molasses as it has had more processing which means less suger and more vitamins and minerals. You can use more normal molasses if you have to but I think the higher levels of sugar are bad for the plant and there are less vitamins and minerals. Therefore while regular molasses can help better to use blackstrap. Now for many blackstrap can be hard to find in a local store because it's less popular being less sweet. There is a brand however that is fairly priced and widely available thru health stores and organic "Natural" stores. It's made by a company called Plantation and it's blackstrap and unsulfered which is what you want. This is why I wanted to focus on this subject, I just wanted to make people aware of what to look for. Here is a picture of a bottle I bought, it cost $7 and change in US currency for a quart.

I also mentioned I used Liquid Karma which is a botanicare product. It's a bit pricey but it's a good product for organic growers. Basically it feeds the bio herd which you are trying to encourage in the root zone. It has other benefits as well but the feeding of the micro herd is what's important to me. This product is typically only found at hydro shops and online, this gallon here cost $45 so like I said, pricey.

Okay, now lets start with the four clone moms I have, they are getting nice and pretty. So since I can't afford to keep them around and grow them out I'm going to be taking clones here soon. I may toss them into some 3 gallon pots and try to squeeze them into the grow room somehow probably on a stand of some sort to keep them at canopy level. Anyway here they are.

I also want to take a moment to highlight a critical element to the indoor grower who wants to grow year round. That piece of equipment of course is an ac unit. For most decent indoor grows, your lights are going to cause a problem for you without one unless you restrict yourself to growing in winter. In fact it's this heat issue that is going to force me to stop growing for the summer since outdoor is not an option for me. Anyway for a space my size which is 5'x8'x8' a small window unit does fine, the one pictured here or one like it can be picked up for around $100 at places like Walmart or Home Depot.

I could continue to grow in the summer with the help of this but it gets to be a real strain and with energy costs being what they are it just doesn't seem worth it. So I'll shut down until September or October and then start up again. Because when it's cold out not only do I not need the ac but taking the ac out of the circuit lets me run both 1000W lights if I want to. :D

Well there's more pics of the grow room but I'll post that seperately.

HempKat

Veteran
Finally here are some pics with a ruler, the ruler is standing on the soil and so measures the above ground height of the plants.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good hemp. How do you use the molassis? I use it once, about 5 weeks into flower. I dillute 2 tablespoons in hot water and mix it into a gallon of water, and give each plant the gallon.

B

buzzed day

i'm enjoying your grow,can't wain't to see the buds good luck!!!!!

HempKat

Veteran
JJScorpio said:
Looking good hemp. How do you use the molassis? I use it once, about 5 weeks into flower. I dillute 2 tablespoons in hot water and mix it into a gallon of water, and give each plant the gallon.

I use a tablespoon per gallon once a week thru flowering. I just but it into the room temp water and it disolves just fine.

I'm really kind of new to using molasses so I'm going by 3LB's molasses thread from OG where it basically said it could be used every watering added to the water/nute mix.

HempKat

Veteran
buzzed day said:
i'm enjoying your grow,can't wain't to see the buds good luck!!!!!

Well souldn't be too much longer, hopefully I'll go to 12/12 by Sunday. Then within a couple of weeks after that I should have buds forming and triches starting to develope.

Latest posts

Latest posts