What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NYCD STINKY NYCD OOOH WEEE

spliff

you're just lucky you got a pheno you really like of the nycd..
personally i dont think its worth even near what i paid for it.
somas gear doesnt come near shantis gear

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
spliff i got TWO phenos i really liked!!! and i have them both!!! i actually kept all 4 of the phenos...each one is amazing!!! i cracked some bubliscious seed and i got 3 females!!! hopefully there will be a nice keeper there also!!! i need more space for my 'mom' room!!

who is shanti? ive heared of shanti b4? but what seed company and strain do you mean?? also is the thseeds kushage worth it?

Last edited:

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
bump bump..expect more things to be shown! soon!! i havent forgotten you gypsy!!ill be sending thoe beans out soon!

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
So many people dogg Soma's genetics( I don't know why :confused:) . I got some crossed of his finest strains and I can't wait to try them all out. Right now I got two Somango x Lavender mums and they are beautiful plants. I can't wait to flower some clones. I got a few NYCD crosses too and can't wait to try them. By the way lovely pics of the NYCD.

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
its truly a beautiful plant but really lacks in the yield....top yield off one of the plants under 1k watts of hortilux light was under 80 grams.... im sure more proffesional growers would have better results but i think they turned out alright for only having 5 yrs of growing experience. The Soma genetics are beautiful and most of the soma bud ive had the pleasure of smoking no doubt left an amazing taste and stone, i woul dlove to grow his seed prepetually but i also like larger produing plants so i think next round ill be trying something a little larger on the size after a long vacation from this hobby ill be taking....hopefully a nice 4 way or a HDF... wonder what fancy new genetics are out there ..i havent been on these boards as much as i used to! thanks again for kind words

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
I heard Soma's genetics don't really yield that well. They are basically connoisseur style plants yielding just enough for personal smokage.

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Afghan/Hawaiian Pheno:

Diesel Pheno:

I love NYCD. We didnt keep the A/H pheno it grew shorter and it was a little too ,much on the indica side. I wish we would have kept it now but the Diesel Pheno is awesome enough to keep us happy. I love NYCD or any diesel for that matter. Only thing I like better would be Hazes. :joint: You definitely have the Afghan/Hawaiian pheno and it seems like the Diesel pheno as well. Hang on to them man they are great smoke. Soma knows what up. :joint:

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
of for sure! sweet sweet buds..i got 4 different phenos!! all i can say is wow to your pics amazing job as well...the yield was weak but the smoke was amazing!

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
Nice lookin nugs! I kinda lost respect for Soma when I tried his Lavender in the 'Dam. I almost sprung for some Diesel or Lavender seeds at Hunter's Bar, but me and another dude were totally convinced that the Lavender had some kind of scent added to it...like lavender oil. The dealer told me the genetics were Soma's and that he dropped by frequently. We discussed it on OG briefly before it went down...

NYCD I trust your opinion though, the way you described the strain and your comments have me convinced..not to mention the mouthwatering nug and bubble shots :D I might have to spring for that NYCD once I get these 15 odd strains I have on hand out of the way...lol...I got a lil seed buying crazy last year.

Last edited:

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
well...NYCD round #3 with these phenos....lets see what these clones of clones do....day 30 things are just about to get exciting so strap in and get comfy...grab yer favorite smoking utensil and get ready...

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
NYCD

NYCD

i would have to say i love how nycd packs up those buds! i sure wish i had a high quality camera so i could get some close ups but heres a general view of what poppin up in my closet.

AbbieDoobie

Out of a pack of Soma's NYCD, I got just one pheno that I absolutely adored! It was that super strong grapefruit pheno, and everyone was just nuts over it. My last run of the rest of the seed pack yielded only 2 mediocre phenos.

G

I also got 2 different pheno's when I grew his NYCD stopping a years or so ago.I kept it around for 4 or 5 "generations" though which is longer than most expensive strains I tried,its pretty above average but doesnt compare to a good blockhead pheno

buddhachronic

The ladies look awesome - makes me sad - as i am without my seedbank. I just moved and have yet to ship all my stuf in boxes .....ie no seedbanks. To anyone who was an OG member - you may have seen my report on the Soma NYCD - I cant say ennough how impressed i was with our pheno that we got.
For one - it was a fast finisher - and secondly the yield was quite nice.

The odor in my mind was unmatched - SERIOUSLY :) Also the flavor lasts to the last drop in the bowl. Compared to al the differant strains ive EVER grown - whether it be widow strains, bubblegum strains, haze strains etc . Soma's diesel has some of the best characteristics ive ever seen.
Ideally when one is trying to pick mothers from the seeds, try and go for an in between between indica dominate and sativa dom.. Sativas take too long and the indicas will plump yields for ya ( usually).

The NYCD is legendary amougnst my friends and i recommend it as one of the must have strains in EVERY grower's bank.......really :)

Good luck on your grow - im sure theyll treat ya nicely :)
Overgrow will never die ;) we still exist :)

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
i grew block head..she was one female out of many males...she resembled all her sweet tooth brothers except she turned blue-er andthe bud and plant structure was more bushier and blockier...1000watts of HPS did the work under lower 70 degree temperatures with mostly organic foods and additives...excellent results! she was beautiful and won me picture of the week on Overgrowwhat seems like light years ago....the single phenotype i did thankfully get from seed was very pretty but lacked smell and taste....had your average citrus - ish type smell...im sure steve has more flavorful phenotypes i apparently didnt get it....i did however get a very beautiful plant that was trichome covered, won me POTW on OG and also made some of the finest hash ive ever smoked....heres some shots of the live spice of life block head female and shots of the dry final product and hash....

P.S. pix of NYCD ladies coming up soon....appears like i have 5 of the purple/blue fruity/skunky indica dominant pheno...and two of the afghan/hawaiian indica dominant phenotype that i previously and frequently called "the big bud' phenotype, reffering to how massive the colas got compared to the purple/blue phenotype. ill post more interesting facts on this wonderful strain as ive come to find them out through 4 generations of cloning...the moms are long gone and this is the final NYCD grow...they are too stinky and yeilds are too light for my taste and risking my kneck is no longer worth it..updates forth coming!

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
nycd shots....its a little early for the really pretty shots....the buds still havent fully matured yet....they are still about 2 weeks away from very pretty pictures...right now they all look alike..i can only tell the difference by a little purple hue that started to come into the leaves invisible in the pictures..but i can clearly see them as a small sign of colors to come.... i hope i can get simular colors from these clones...check the seeded mothers bud shots ..some seriously blue buds on the previous pages!!! hers some pix :sasmokin: :sasmokin: :sasmokin: :sasmokin: :1help: :nanana: :bandit: :gaga: :headbange :bashhead: :bis: :laughing: :respect:

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
what do you guys think???? i cracked 6 arjans haze X nl5 x haze seeds from gypsy and some green godess seeeds also from gypsy...also cracked a couple of the kali mist seed from serious seeds and i also cracked some g-13 x kush buds from some bag seed...very tasty buds.....im also trying to get assorted local strains in clone form from a good source... my homy has some very deliscious and DANK local strains!!!! i looove indica dominanat crosses with lots of color and dense fruity bud...!!! im trying to stabilize my crosses and hopefully soon gypsy will have them to give out with the next nouyique orders

G

nice plants bro i love the nycd~
once you smoke that grapefruit pheno how can you not be a fan?
peace