What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NYCD STINKY NYCD OOOH WEEE

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
well well looki here i finally make it to nycdfan's thread and who should i see but my old buddy sohc D. glad to see you around my friend, it's been a while eh?

what about you nycdfan, sorry it took me so long to get my ass over here. man this is a beautiful thread. you have not lost your touch at all mate. in fact those are some very nice looking plants all round.

i see your thumbs have only gotten greener with time eh?. i look forward to enjoying the rest of this show.

peace out

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
GSM glad to see you made it!!! i finally was able to find that nycd pheno i lost way back and then some! this grow has taught me a lot as soma is a great sensei. i recently sent gypsy some of first cross ever(not stabilized) first generation, im sure gypsy would send you some when he gets them, id love to see what you'd do with em!! your thread was beautiful also! (as always!) you also seem to ripen with time :joint: GSM strap in for another multi strain gro :D

CaptJamesTKirk

I have 2 strains that that are crosses of NYCD, Bog's LSD and Juliet, courtsy of JLP.

One plant from each pack has proven to be the hands down favorite of local Rocky Mountain conisure types. It has nearly ruined 4 years of growing and selecting - my very best before is trash now.

I select my garden strictly for max power - yeild is never a selection criteria and both plants are terrible yeilders compared to thier sisters, but the product is sublime.

Both plants have a very diesely aroma but are quite different in appearance and form - I'll have to see if I can get a photo nex time I'm over there.

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
errr - nice purps? :chin:

Definitely ur growin nice specimens - amazing purps on the last 4. That last photo is almost eggplant color! :yummy:

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
yes FINALLY! mr green jeans yes its really amazing how that pheno turns such dark colors late in flower..day 53 and very purple!! the other pheno's of the nycd did not get purple at all and looked totaly different. This is the same exact pheno i got a clone of a year and a half ago from a friend who got some nycd beans, and the same clone wich made me go out and order that strain i was so pleased i found it!

i seem to like the purple pheno the best but the other pheno taht looks exacly like it but without the purple has a totaly different taste and smell. both plants are the same strain but are so different, people swear its not the same genetics! but it iS!

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Yup - sometimes phenos can appear pretty different... Fab that you found the purple one again so easy... Will be interestng to see how the high differs between the two... :joint: :yummy:

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
the high is totaly different ive grown these phenos for 4 grows now...i got the seed pack a while ago and i really loved the fragrance and taste of the pot..not to mention the ease of growth!

this has to e the easiest tasiest buds ive ever grown! they are so healthy and have such wonderful textures and colors...

The other two phenos i got(i cracked 5 seeds got 4 females) were totaly different from these...yet were simular to eachother(ill explain)
out of the four phenos two of them you see pictured above.

The other two phenotypes looked very simular, they were very tall and had very fox tail shaped buds almost 'haze'-ish and sativa in appearance yet finished the fastest in 55 days they would be riddled with red hairs and bursting with bloated calyxes. This pheno was consequently not as pretty and was lost months ago...this pheno didnt smell or taste nearly as good it produced a very strange earthy stench that wasnt very pleasant at all the plant just looked pretty thats about it.

i cant seem to find any pics of this pheno but as im sur ei took pictures of it ill look for them and i hope i do find them for you for a better look at NYCD.

very soon ill be ordering mroe seed packs and ill be doing another grow diary of a top shelf strain...hopefully ill find a great set of phenotypes like i did with this NYCD(truly an amazing plant!) what other strains do you guys reccomend?
:joint:

Last edited:
G

oyea looking super nice nycdfan042. cant wait for the Big Bud smoke out tho...

Keep it Green
SD

oyea whats up GM? its been a long time huh??? things good i hope.

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
oh yea sohc....day 56 and loving it!! almost there man...i think on day 61 they will get nothing but darkness and then the dreaded AXE~!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hi nycdfan,

i see things are moving along fast in this thread eh? great colors in the last pics, good trich coverage too.

interesting about the other pheno, but i have seen it a few times myself. some times the most amazing colored buds don't taste very special, but look fantastic. i had a full purple budded sativa, she was a treat for the eye but rather rough on the throat and palate, lol. mind you it's not always the case.

if you ask me what strain to try next then i would probably have too say Love Potion. that is a really nice strain which i'm planning to get a hold of soon. i sampled it in a coffee shop and it was very tasty even though you could see that it had been sloppily grown fully commercial like. but still great taste and smell, loads of trichomes. then i got a superbly grown sample of LP and that was just amazing. very very distinct citrus background with a smokey skunky flavor complimenting the sour citrussy smell. if you can get that pheno you'll be happy i'm sure. after i have my diesel keepers LP is next on my list.

good growings

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
gaiusmarius said:
Hi nycdfan,

i see things are moving along fast in this thread eh? great colors in the last pics, good trich coverage too.

interesting about the other pheno, but i have seen it a few times myself. some times the most amazing colored buds don't taste very special, but look fantastic. i had a full purple budded sativa, she was a treat for the eye but rather rough on the throat and palate, lol. mind you it's not always the case.

if you ask me what strain to try next then i would probably have too say Love Potion. that is a really nice strain which i'm planning to get a hold of soon. i sampled it in a coffee shop and it was very tasty even though you could see that it had been sloppily grown fully commercial like. but still great taste and smell, loads of trichomes. then i got a superbly grown sample of LP and that was just amazing. very very distinct citrus background with a smokey skunky flavor complimenting the sour citrussy smell. if you can get that pheno you'll be happy i'm sure. after i have my diesel keepers LP is next on my list.

good growings

GSM yea that love potion and other reeferman strains look really nice that bermese pure is sick looking, i should be acquiring some of the reeferman seeds soon and hopefully some other goodies also soon! ill be spoting my grows after a long haiutus DANG i love this web site!

these test buds i have here are varied...but this deisel is pretty harsh, i do think its got some powerful kick to it from the terpines and blue colors, i can send you a clone if you like(you always been cool with me n sohc) , but tell me soon my friend is blasting into 12/12 soon! here some shots of my test pieces!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hey nycdfan,

congrats on the nice results, those are some tasty looking buds.

you and SohcD were always cool with me too. i used to enjoy your threads on og. i see you haven't lost the knack eh, lol. good job!

thanks for the kind offer man, but i'm all planned out for the next grows. and i don't have space to keep an other mother until i finally get a chance to grow her, lol. i have a really interesting SDv3 pheno. it's a massive yielder by the looks of her, if only she has that classic SD taste i'll be more than happy. mind you it's the other 2 phenos of SD that seem to look more like the classic pics of the SDv3's i've seen. even though they are budding up a bit slower, they still look to have quite some potential. i can't wait to be testing them, lol.

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
Closet Funk said:
So many people dogg Soma's genetics( I don't know why :confused:) . I got some crossed of his finest strains and I can't wait to try them all out. Right now I got two Somango x Lavender mums and they are beautiful plants. I can't wait to flower some clones. I got a few NYCD crosses too and can't wait to try them. By the way lovely pics of the NYCD.
i didnt forget you gypsy! those beans were sent out a few weeks ago and gypsy did in fact get them...soon they will be given away with every order from seed bay included in a mystery seed mix..or possibly given away in 10 packs ..yet to be determined, i leave it all entirely up to gypsy on that one. YAY SEEDBAYZ BACK!!!!

GM hopefully soon ill get some sour diesel..i too have a shit load of strains to grow and many more coming i really cant wait even tho i got my seed archive busting at the seems! did SOHC hit up your thread yet GM?

Last edited:

dc105

ICMag Donor
Very nice bro! Looks liek you got your future full of nice strains huh? Keep up the great work! What is on the next agenda?