What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grandaddy Purple & Assorted Med Grow

PassionForMJ

It is my first LED for growing, I love LED's though...
I have LED's in everything, and only in a under hood car work light do I have a bad diode, but it is one in like 100, lol
The lil girls seem to be loving it.
I always wondered how well that LED could match the proper light waveform needed for plants in vegg and flowering, I se they have come along greatly.
I will probably get another light soon, I think I'll need one to cut on once those lil girls are a tad too big for the TS600, and after the bit bigger light they will go to the 1k and vegg another few weeks, and then I'll switch my big light to HPS and flower some mini trees. :D

PassionForMJ

20211004_210802.jpg
20211004_210753.jpg
Looks like the Happy Frog may be a bit hot for seedling transplants, even mixed with ocean forest...
They should recover, only one seems really bothered by it much..
They are so bushy looking, and not lanky.. :)

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
It is my first LED for growing, I love LED's though...
I have LED's in everything, and only in a under hood car work light do I have a bad diode, but it is one in like 100, lol
The lil girls seem to be loving it.
I always wondered how well that LED could match the proper light waveform needed for plants in vegg and flowering, I se they have come along greatly.
I will probably get another light soon, I think I'll need one to cut on once those lil girls are a tad too big for the TS600, and after the bit bigger light they will go to the 1k and vegg another few weeks, and then I'll switch my big light to HPS and flower some mini trees. :D

That sounds great! keep up the nice work. :good:

PassionForMJ

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211009_154033.jpg Views:	1 Size:	44.6 KB ID:	17962533

I don't get how sensitive these ladies are when little, from what all I have read the soil mix I am using is not that high in any nutes..

I still feel like once the plant has filled the pot with roots, its growth will accelerate and use up some nutes..
I may do them totally soilless next time, until they are 4-6" high..

PassionForMJ

There is no way they are starving, the soil is supposed to have enough nutes for seedlings, I still think it may be a bit hot, but if no change soon I'll test one out with a small bit of nutes, and watch the top growth...
Going to wait a few days though, because to me they look burned and lighter green from a bit of nute lockout from the burn..
I only give them 0ppm water atm...
20211011_203804.jpg
20211011_203812.jpg
20211011_203829.jpg

PassionForMJ

Deff waiting to add fert, read that both Ocean Forest and Happy frog have enough nutes for a few weeks, like a month.

PassionForMJ

I added 3 small LED reg looking light bulbs to add a lil extra light, I will prob get another Mars Hydro 600, or maybe even the 1,000 as I can clone and germ seeds with the 600, and if not doing wither then both lights would be vegging and keeping Moms at the ready...
I still cannot believe such good soil was so rough on them, the PH was good with the water, I did not get to test the most important thing though, runoff from the soil...
I'll get some Dolomite Limestone soon, mix a lil in with watering, that will raise my PH a tad if low, if not I have some PH up, I have both, but like limestone for raising the PH over the PH up.. Eventually I'll figure out a way to measure my soil runoff PH, maybe put some in a cup of water, shake, strain it, and check it...Oh yeah, I transplanted then early because I am taking a trip to IN next week, so I can water them good and when I get back they will be just getting thirsty again..
I think Once they get roots in this soil they will explode in growth..
Click image for larger version  Name:	20211015_193619.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.0 KB ID:	17967510
Click image for larger version  Name:	20211015_193632.jpg Views:	0 Size:	89.2 KB ID:	17967511
Click image for larger version  Name:	20211015_193639.jpg Views:	0 Size:	102.4 KB ID:	17967512

Last edited:

PassionForMJ

Trimmed lower leaves, and waiting for them to recover....
Looking better already really, roots must be starting to take in the new soil..
20211017_165554.jpg
20211017_165604.jpg
20211017_165626.jpg

PassionForMJ

Do you mean like LST, SOG, etc?
I usually just set up a way to stake them up, usually I just do a little LST, bend some branches to slow them or move them over a bit, if necessary..
I top and really do LST and sometimes tie down branches if it is a lanky girl..
But if it stays pretty stout I just let them grow naturally...
A couple more weeks I'll start giving them the 1k MH light at about 50%, then once they adjust to the more intense light I am going to let them vegg till like 3ft, then flower them...
Part of me want to feed them a little, but I am seeing new healthy growth on them, so I am holding back, that soil should feed them for 3-4 weeks, so I thought...
It does have low NPK values though, the Happy Frog is next to nothing, and I don't think there is a lot on Ocean Forest, I need to look again, but I am really busy this week, and weekend..

Thanks for stopping by!
As soon as I am caught up on what I spent lately I am getting me a 1000 series LED from ya..
Curious, if any of the led's burn out, can a skillful handyman buy new ones and solder them on to the board?

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Do you mean like LST, SOG, etc?
I usually just set up a way to stake them up, usually I just do a little LST, bend some branches to slow them or move them over a bit, if necessary..
I top and really do LST and sometimes tie down branches if it is a lanky girl..
But if it stays pretty stout I just let them grow naturally...
A couple more weeks I'll start giving them the 1k MH light at about 50%, then once they adjust to the more intense light I am going to let them vegg till like 3ft, then flower them...
Part of me want to feed them a little, but I am seeing new healthy growth on them, so I am holding back, that soil should feed them for 3-4 weeks, so I thought...
It does have low NPK values though, the Happy Frog is next to nothing, and I don't think there is a lot on Ocean Forest, I need to look again, but I am really busy this week, and weekend..

Thanks for stopping by!
As soon as I am caught up on what I spent lately I am getting me a 1000 series LED from ya..
Curious, if any of the led's burn out, can a skillful handyman buy new ones and solder them on to the board?

Yes, . i meant these skills. lol

The new SMD tech will not let the led burn out easily. The main issue of the TS1000 is on the driver according to our record. We could send a new driver to replace the defected one. We are having a giveaway for upcoming special sale. Maybe you will be interested in it. Pls have a look. https://www.icmag.com/forum/icmag-v...9178-marshydro-giveaway-halloween-sale-coupon

PassionForMJ

o/

I have heard is made well you can get around 11 years from a SMD/LED, but over time they do gradually dim, but not too much, and it takes time...

I am deff thinking mild LST, I may not tie, but I'll bend the branches, eventually the top will be bent to the side a little, well provided it gets a little bigger, and all of the nodes will be pretty level with one another, and she will be spread out well.
I am talking about the top most plant in my last pic, she looks more busy and perfect for this, the other two are growing more normal so far...

I am curious about new LED tech, and would try to do a thread on it, but this is a busy week and weekend for me.

PassionForMJ

Ok, deff looking better, all but the middle one, she is slower to green up, but the other two are looking much better..
Cannot wait to have these start growing like weeds! :D

Soon my other seeds should arrive from Seedsman, and I'll have to get more light, because I want to get at least one more strain going, 2 if possible..
If one it will prob be a 1:1 CBD Cream & Cheese, this would help my bro as well, we both have chronic pain issues, mine is my back, his is a rare skin disease...
If 2 more that and Black Cherry Punch.

I still have like 12 GDP seeds from Homegrown with Kyle Kushman...
And I'll have a few of the Cream & Cheese, Black Cherry Punch, Black Sugar, White Widow, and Blueberry..
I really want the old DJ Shorts clone only Blueberry I used to have, got it back in the Overgrow days, it was great all around!

20211021_210932.jpg
20211021_210952.jpg
20211021_211002.jpg

PassionForMJ

They are rooting in the soil well, I see growth starting to take off...
The one middle plant still looks N hungry, she is not as green looking, so I may feed her a little.
20211024_131840.jpg
20211024_131852.jpg
20211024_131857.jpg

PassionForMJ

Got my seeds today.. :D
And looking at the girls, I have decided I'll move them under the 1000W MH this weekend, but I'll prob dim it down 50% for a few days, then gradually brighten it to 100%

Well, now the seeds I have on hand are as follows..
All are feminized..

GranDaddy Purple from Homegrown - 12 seeds
Deelite Autoflower from Homegrown - 2 seeds
Black Cherry Punch from pyramidseeds - 4 seeds
Cream & Cheese CBD 1:1 from Seedsman - 5 seeds
Cataract Kush (OG Kush x LA Confidential from DNA Genetics - 2 seeds
Black Sugar from Seedsman - 5 seeds
Purple Punch from Seedsman - 2 seeds
Blueberry from Seedsman - 3 seeds
KB New York Diesel from Seedsman - 2 seeds
White Widow from Seedsman - 3 seeds

20211025_183257.jpg

PassionForMJ

Ok, here we go.....
Sent the 3 GDP into the half way done vegg/flower room, but it is good enough for now, I just need to finish putting the mylar up..
I also planted 2 Black Cherry Punch, 2 Cream & Cheese 1:1, and 2 KB NYC Diesel auto-flowers, never done auto's b4, I prefer photoperiod plants, lol
I have had that light hood and ballast since like 2006, only used it like 6 or 7 years though... Ballast still works, but I put it up and am using a digi switchable atm...

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211028_200849.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.1 KB ID:	17977536
Click image for larger version  Name:	20211028_200853.jpg Views:	0 Size:	47.9 KB ID:	17977537
Click image for larger version  Name:	20211028_200926.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.2 KB ID:	17977538
Click image for larger version  Name:	20211028_200945.jpg Views:	0 Size:	93.7 KB ID:	17977539
Click image for larger version  Name:	20211028_201015.jpg Views:	0 Size:	125.1 KB ID:	17977540
Click image for larger version  Name:	20211028_201358.jpg Views:	0 Size:	38.0 KB ID:	17977541

PassionForMJ

I am stuck making a decision, do I want to take clones in a week or two, then root and vegg them, and then flower them...
That would have the original plants the Moms.

But DNA is DNA and a clone is a perfect match, I grew from clone to clone for 5-7 years with some plants, and never had any noticeable degradation..
If I took clones, rooted them, then as they root, start flowering these ladies... That would give me smoke to sample sooner, but the Vegg area would eventually get crowded, and force me to buy more lights, que Mars with that link, ha ha
I'll deff get a TS600 or 1000 next.. Keeping Vegg LED

Now, when hot months come back around, I want to exhaust my lights heat out one window, and to do so I will just use the flanges they use for portable AC's and dryers so they can route them out a window..
One of these should work nicely..
Oh, I need to find me a squirrel cage fan, and I think a reducer or two, my ends on the light are 6" I think, and the window thing says like 5'9", that cannot be right though, if the flange end it is either 4" or 6"...
Anyways, that would keep the bulb cooler, allow me to have the light closer if needed, and reduce the amount of use the AC in the other window will be doing...
I must find one with an openable intake vent, old models always had those, but now days they are hard to find..

UPDATE
It says...
"Compatible with portable air conditioner exhaust hose with 5.9" diameter"
So I need a flange to make sure that 6" hose will fit the 5.9" flange...
Then as ling as the fan is 6" that is all I'll have to buy..
Using a portable ac hose would have me buying like 3 reducers..
I could just go with the 5" flange, I know I can get a 6" to 5" reducer, but not a 6" to 5.9" one...

Latest posts

Latest posts