What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grandaddy Purple & Assorted Med Grow

PassionForMJ

Well I finally got my med card, and then it becomes legal in my State for recreational use as soon as I get my Med Card, so that gave me even more reasons to go back to my roots, dive back in and get my pots wet once again.
I have grown GDP before, but it was from a clone only cut a friend from Overgrow and Planet Ganja had...
SD where ya at my friend?

Anyway today I soaked some rapid rooter plugs, and planted 4 if my 16 total GDP seeds
I also have 2 Dee Lite Autoflowers, but I have no real exp with auto flowering ladies, I like mine to vegg till I say stop..
I have a thermostat on the small bit ow water at the bottom of the seed tray, and when the seeds emerge they will meet the Mars Hydro 600W light..
Purple Urkle x Big Bud is GDP's lineage
It is mostly Indica, THC about 22%
Flowering time 10-12 weeks..
Said to be good for Arthritis, Fatigue, Insomnia, and Migraines
Said to have these qualities, Calming, Euphoric, Relaxed, Sedative, Uplifted..
Taste: Berry Citrus Grape Pine Sweet
More strains coming, may do diff threads though, also I work like crazy, so don't expect much, I'll do what I can when I can.

Future strains..
Blueberry
AK-47 Cherry Pheno, the one Kyle Kushman has....
Black Cherry Punch
Black Sugar
Cream & Cheese CBD 1:1
White Widow

As soon as I get it I am going for the Cream & Cheese CBD 1:1, I have high hopes for that strain, if I get a good pheno out of the few seeds I have, ohh man!! lol

Well, expect days b4 more pics...
Will take time to germ, then it gets exciting, lol

I have a crap load of soil that I ordered to get through winter, 2 giant bags of Happy Frog, and 4 large bags of Ocean Forest, along with food grade diatomaceous earth, some Mycorrhizal Inoculant by DYNOMYCO..
Nutes used along with what is in the soil...
I will also use unsulfured black strap molasses during flowering.. and
FoxFarm Liquid Nutrient Trio Soil Formula: Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom

Attachments

• 20210917_154843.jpg
    20210917_154843.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 20210917_154850.jpg
    20210917_154850.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 20210917_154845.jpg
    20210917_154845.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I remember your GDP and Blueberry grows back from the Overgrow and Planet Ganga Days and if you get these looking like the ones I remember then I think people will enjoy following your grows, good luck my friend.:plant grow:

PassionForMJ

Yeah, I think both of those came from SD....
Good friend...

The AH-47 Cherry Pheno was O though..

Hardest part for me is constraints my friend, time and legalities..
I have to risk a fine every time I drop a few seeds to look for a good pheno, of course I have to hold a small Mom until I know the pheno is good, and if I already have 4 flowering, well...
It should at least be 4 each, 4 seeds or clones, 4 vegging, and 4 flowering...
I have been 30 days and still not had my med card processed, it should be any day now...

I hope my phone cam is good enough, I may upgrade to a S-21 Ultra

HempKat

Veteran
Yeah, I think both of those came from SD....
Good friend...

The AH-47 Cherry Pheno was O though..

Hardest part for me is constraints my friend, time and legalities..
I have to risk a fine every time I drop a few seeds to look for a good pheno, of course I have to hold a small Mom until I know the pheno is good, and if I already have 4 flowering, well...
It should at least be 4 each, 4 seeds or clones, 4 vegging, and 4 flowering...
I have been 30 days and still not had my med card processed, it should be any day now...

I hope my phone cam is good enough, I may upgrade to a S-21 Ultra

I think your risk exposure is fairly small, the only people that will have an idea of how many plants you are growing will be people reading your grow diary. Even then they won't know exactly where you are or who you are unless you reveal that information, which I know is not a mistake you would make. Back in the day we were both taking lots of risks and at a time where the laws were much less favorable and we didn't get raided by the government and back then you had to worry if anyone coming to your door or near where you were growing might get a whiff and report you to the authorities. Now that it is legal both medically and recreationally and you're allowed to grow any amount of your own, I would think it would take much more evidence then someone simply smelling your grow and reporting it to bring the authorities down on you. Unless you have to register to grow and they then plan to do random spot checks on people.

Besides you'll only be bending the laws for a brief period it sounds like until you find your "good" pheno and then from that point on you should be able to stay within the regulations?

As for your phone, if they took the pictures you posted then I think you'll be fine.

PassionForMJ

Good points, and yeah once I find the pheno I am happy with I'll stay within the regulations, I don't need more than 4 ladies myself, of course I still wish we could have more in vegg and rooting..

I looked at them this morning and in 3 days one seed has already popped, that is record breaking for me.
I'll get pics when there is something to see though..

PassionForMJ

And I come home to 4 of 4, 100% germination success, I got the seeds from Homegrown Cannabis Co. the one affiliated with Kyle Kushman..
Hopefully it is ok to mention them, after 4 of 4 to me they deserve a mention.

I am now working two 10's and two 12's a week, so I'll post what I can when I can, usually on the weekend..
Waiting for them to get a few leaves and look sexy.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Now that it is legal both medically and recreationally and you're allowed to grow any amount of your own, I would think it would take much more evidence then someone simply smelling your grow and reporting it to bring the authorities down on you. Unless you have to register to grow and they then plan to do random spot checks on people.

Up here in legal land, that is exactly what 'could' happen. While it is legal for any household to grow 4, you need a medical grow license to go bigger and there has been a lot of abuse with medical practitioners selling big gram per day counts, which can gets you a monster grow allowance of hundreds, which has led to a lot of huge illegal grows that the popo have very publicly busted. I have started to hear about inspections - which you have to agree to when you get your license. While there has not been many so far, the MD that just renewed my paltry 3 gr/day (15 plants indoor) license, did mention it as a possibility.

Btw PassionForMJ . . . we need those sexy pictures. Your grow tub definitely ain't sexy. :rasta:

PassionForMJ

Click image for larger version  Name:	9-22-21.jpg Views:	0 Size:	133.3 KB ID:	17948926
Got a baby shot, not much to look at yet, but they still have beauty, as they now have life, :D
Come on awesome phenos!!!
I want to find the GDP I had years back.

Top left is my fave lil one so far, not as lanky, and growing quickly..

Attachments

• image_2073136.jpg
    image_2073136.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 54

HempKat

Veteran
Up here in legal land, that is exactly what 'could' happen. While it is legal for any household to grow 4, you need a medical grow license to go bigger and there has been a lot of abuse with medical practitioners selling big gram per day counts, which can gets you a monster grow allowance of hundreds, which has led to a lot of huge illegal grows that the popo have very publicly busted. I have started to hear about inspections - which you have to agree to when you get your license. While there has not been many so far, the MD that just renewed my paltry 3 gr/day (15 plants indoor) license, did mention it as a possibility.

Btw PassionForMJ . . . we need those sexy pictures. Your grow tub definitely ain't sexy. :rasta:

Well like I said if you have to register to grow and they plan on doing random inspections then all bets are off and it's best to stick to the restrictions religiously. My point though was that in the past when it was completely illegal just someone calling the cops and saying they smelled marijuana odor coming from your home was enough for the cops to get a warrant. Now with it being legal to grow in some places I would imagine it would take a bit more then someone claiming to smell it. I mean maybe if someone said that and the cops checked the database of registered growers and you weren't listed then it could happen. Just remember they have to convince a judge there is probably cause to believe a crime is being committed to get a warrant and now that it's legal to grow in some places then in those places just reports of an odor is not probably cause and therefore any arrests stemming from that should be easily defeated by a decent lawyer on the grounds of the warrant being wrongly issued. As far as those getting busted trying to game the system, that's what they get. I have no sympathy for that because people like that risk ruining it for everyone else. That however doesn't really apply to PassionForMJ though he's just wanting to be able to grow a few exra plants so it doesn't take him as long to find some good keepers.

HempKat

Veteran
Good points, and yeah once I find the pheno I am happy with I'll stay within the regulations, I don't need more than 4 ladies myself, of course I still wish we could have more in vegg and rooting..

I looked at them this morning and in 3 days one seed has already popped, that is record breaking for me.
I'll get pics when there is something to see though..

Yeah I hear you, clearly the people making the laws have no real idea what home growers have to go thru too establish a good variety of mothers or being able to set up a smooth runing operation where the next batch is ready to flower once the previous batch is ready to be hung to dry.

loyral

Love gdp did a bx1f2 of purple cheddar keept the original mother For 5years running the seeds since i lost her..was lucky the seeds are heavy gdp, better than anything in came across..Hope U find one too

PassionForMJ

Exactly Hempy, I want to do my Mother search and find 2 Moms, both diff strains or course as I want to have 2 GDP and probably 2 Cream & Cheese, so both need Moms.
Even the pheno search is hard, I can only do 4 of the 16 seeds I have at a time, so it would take a while, also I'd have to keep the flowering room clear when doing pheno searches, as I'd hit 4 with the seeds...
Once they root they count.

I'd never really cram my exact old method of perpetual-ness into a 4 plant limit..
I'll figure it out though.

Loyral welcome.
And thanks, the search will be fun, if there is a diamond here I will find it!

Thanks for stopping by guys!

PassionForMJ

Well have the day off so I transplanted 3 of the 4 ladies to a 3.5" Square Nursery Pot, one lady I culled, she looked sickly and just not rooting or thriving like the others.
So there were three, I would pop another, but atm I am really only looking for 1 good GDP phenotype, then I am going to try to find a Mom of the Black Cherry Punch, or do the Cream & Cheese 1:1 CBD for me at night, and for my bro..

I got my veg/flowering room ready, MH light in as once they are big enough to go under it then they will vegg under that 1k for maybe a month, then I'll switch bulbs and flower them, I need to measure but I think 5 or 6 feet id the max height I can manage in the room I am using, that works for me though..
I have to unroll and pin up this 6Mil super durable diamond film foil, it has 92-97% high reflectivity, I wish it was the old stuff I used to use, what was it called Hempy? Foylon I think....

Well a few pics, not much but I am sure these 3 ladies are getting ready to explode into vegging, I lightly watered them, slowly watering around the outer perimeter of the pot, I feel like it encourages the roots to seek out the new wet fertile soil..
I put them in a mix of 1:1 Happy Frog and Ocean Forest soil, amended with a little bit of dolomitic limestone..
The water had 2 drops of SuperThrive, 2 pinches of mycorrhizal inoculants from DYNOMYCO, and 4 drops of Fox Farm Big Bloom, not much just a lil taste for the ladies..
This is my first time using Fox Farm Soil, I used to use Experts Profesional Potting Mix for years, it worked well, but I got fungus gnats like crazy, and one time I got mites, they are the devil, el diablo!!

Now pics.. My old ass light is still kicking, so is my old ballast, but I bought a digital one and new bulbs, but I have used that Hood since Overgrow days..
LIl ladies are so cute and healthy, they have not even gotten hungry yet, but soon they will. :D
You can see they have not start to eat their cotyledons yet..
I am surre it is in many of my pics.. Click image for larger version  Name:	20210924_113557.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.8 KB ID:	17950702 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210924_113600.jpg Views:	0 Size:	54.1 KB ID:	17950703 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210924_114040.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.9 KB ID:	17950704 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210924_114051.jpg Views:	0 Size:	86.5 KB ID:	17950705 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210924_124827.jpg Views:	0 Size:	31.7 KB ID:	17950706 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210924_113904.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.4 KB ID:	17950707

HempKat

Veteran
Yeah I think Foylon was what it was called, back then it was usually just Foylon or Mylar, for the silvery stuff anyway. Every thing else sounds good and well reasoned, your years of experience are showing. You might want to keep an eye on the Happy Frog stuff, I've seen multiple reports over the years of people who found that soil mix to be too hot. I'm not sure if it was the exact same product I just remember the word Frog was in the product name.

PassionForMJ

Yeah, I loved the Foylon (made by Durocote) because it had the same reflective ability as Mylar.
It is made of spun polyester fiber and a foil laminate for reinforcement. It has reflexivity at 95%.
It was originally developed by NASA..
It is more resistant to ripping and tearing than any commonly used reflective material.
With Foylon as well as Mylar though, they can hold some heat in, so I have read, so when using either be sure to have proper ventilation.

Not sure with the Happy Frog, it is really just a nutrient-rich soil amendment, but it does contain humic acid.
I am mixing them at a 1 for 1 with the Ocean Forest..
There used to be one other good soil Fox Farm made, and you could do a 1-1-1 and it was a good known mix many used back in the day, I am not sure but I think LavenderCowboy or somebody shared the 3 bag mix, and may other soil or soilless mixes..

PassionForMJ

Welcome jwm.

I am debating now on buying a good 5x5, or maybe a tad bigger tent, maybe a 6x6, with an extra 3x3 on it for clones and small veggers.
I am fine with using the majority of the room, but I only need but so much space...
With a tent and a filter set I could cool my light by putting an AC in the window, and trying to mod something to fit its air vents, that way I could duct air to a Y splitter, and send air to the light, through and out the tent, and get a small inline booster fan for the cool air intake, and a way to slow down or stop the cold air from going in when I do not want it to..

Or I just hang some of the Mylar I have and close in about a 5x5 area, hang some from the ceiling, make it a makeshift tent, I just have to accept the smell if I go this route.
While legal I do not really want to broadcast it, so the rooms windows are blacked out..
You cannot really tell from the outside, unless you get way up on it...

Latest posts

Latest posts