What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mosca’s Indiana Bubblegum S1 pheno hunt

OZZ_

Veteran
did you making clones to backup here before the flip .,?

You know, I wanted to do a Bx project with them but to be honest, I’m not super impressed with the extreme slow vegging nature of them. I know they are S1s and all but they feel like they are super inbred and maybe the genetics are just plain tired? I’m not sure. Of course watch … the smoke will end up turning out great.

Still I haven’t topped them and they haven’t branched out hardly at all, so not really giving me much in the way of growth to take cuts from anyway. I may just end up rolling with it, enjoy them for what they are and move on. Ive got another grower that grew these S1s out (from Mosca also) and he is stating all his were Sativa leaners. He’s not the only one either, I’ve read reports from other growers stating a more hybrid structure to theirs. With all of mine being squat bushy slow vegging things I’m not convinced what’s being seen here in this pack is a good representation of the line anyway. Maybe I’m wrong on thinking this.

I havent made a final determination though, and certainly if they finally throw some side shoots I’ll snip some cuts but so far all the side shoots are micro sized, around 1” or less. It seems I would need to veg them for a full 8 weeks to get them even to hit 2’ in height. I think I’m just going to flip them on Friday at 5 weeks veg time and call it good. If they send out side branches after the flip I’ll take some cuts at that time.

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
yeah waiting for his endproduct and then can be feedback much better as atm dude

OZZ_

Veteran
yeah waiting for his endproduct and then can be feedback much better as atm dude

I hear yeah, agreed. I better try to take some clones today off those small micro side shoots then. Would hate to end up not having backups if one of them turns out to be really nice. :dance013:

PolyChucker

I always go through the same thing - plants very slow in veg piss me off and I’m “pre-disappointed”. I think you will be happy if you stick with it for a while and let them veg - just to say you gave them a chance. 8 wks for 2’ tall isn’t that slow - it happens to me all the time. Maybe later you’ll forgive them if they turn out awesome. If not you can throw em in the trash.

OZZ_

Veteran
I always go through the same thing - plants very slow in veg piss me off and I’m “pre-disappointed”. I think you will be happy if you stick with it for a while and let them veg - just to say you gave them a chance. 8 wks for 2’ tall isn’t that slow - it happens to me all the time. Maybe later you’ll forgive them if they turn out awesome. If not you can throw em in the trash.

You know, I agree. I ended up snipping two micro branches from each plant today, in preparation for that and also due to Dimodz persuasion :biglaugh::dance013:

Its true, until they are flowered out you can’t make any determinations. Tomorrow I’m going to put them into 5 gallon pots with plenty of organic rich soil, and let them veg to 8 weeks. Then they get flipped. It’s really the only way to give them a fair shot.

If the clones dont take I always have the option to reveg also, and I’ll harvest accordingly.

Thanks for the input! :biggrin:

OZZ_

Veteran
Click image for larger version  Name:	FC3C9126-E887-4A04-8497-717BA0F747A8.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	143.2 KB ID:	17911762 Click image for larger version  Name:	FC3C9126-E887-4A04-8497-717BA0F747A8.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	143.2 KB ID:	17911762

Blumats added to the IBG S1’s with almost an instant perk up the next morning. I’ve had a bit of fungus gnat problem so was trying to keep everything dry to get rid of them, thus they were a bit under watered.

Everything in the room got hit with a light soil drench of azamax about a week ago and the gnats are gone. We are at Day 40 of veg. :dance013:

I took clones of everything but the plants aren’t really branching out. I wanted to run them un-topped but now I wish I had topped them to get better branching. Maybe I’ll go pinch the main shoots today to try to encourage branching. The clones I took are all micro clones 1” or less and so far aren’t doing well, which is fine. I’ll just keep vegging these girls until I can get them backed up then we will flip them, hopefully in another 2-3 weeks or so.

OZZ_

Veteran
10A8F46A-0D88-46E9-B26F-5F95E3540CA7.jpeg

I was away out of town for 5 days and while I was away 2 out of the 6 clones have thrown visible roots with a third looking like it has thrown them but no visual confirmation just yet. Tomorrow I’ll take repeat clones of the other four just to be safe then these babies are getting flipped to 12/12 :dance013:

OZZ_

Veteran
Those are clones?

Hi Jelly, no those are the seed plants. I took clones previously but they were super tiny micro clones. As mention so far only two have rooted for certain amd a third is a possibility. I’ll need to take new clones tomorrow to replace the ones that didn’t take, then these guys get flipped :biggrin:

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
When I firsxt started cloning, I took super small cuts. Not sure why. They all rooted and grew into nice plants though. Just took a little longer.

OZZ_

Veteran
When I firsxt started cloning, I took super small cuts. Not sure why. They all rooted and grew into nice plants though. Just took a little longer.

Yeah the main problem with these last cuts were they were so small, and I went away out of town for 5 days so couldn’t most them like normal. I took regular sized cuts of 12 other plants all which rooted 100%.

Now that these bubblegums have branched out a tad more I should be able to take better cuts and look after them better this time too :biggrin:

Stdane

Hi OZZ.....Nice looking little bushes.But a couple of them look super tight, so I understand that the clones must have been very small. I think you said you've started out with 125 W of light, how much did you increased it till now?. I think you gotta get a little stretch on them, something the flowering period will help with, but also a good increase in light and distance to the top of the plants to begin with(first 2-3 weeks of flower). Just my observation....otherwise you could end up with a very tight bush, with only the top developed right, coz the light cant penetrate downwards. Good luck with them, a supernice plant, which can develope giant buds.Did some in 2016 and though I didn't get the size they've got in their promo pics, very likely grown hydroponic and 1000 W, I did get some very nice results, and smell and taste is still to die for... S.

OZZ_

Veteran
Hi OZZ.....Nice looking little bushes.But a couple of them look super tight, so I understand that the clones must have been very small. I think you said you've started out with 125 W of light, how much did you increased it till now?. I think you gotta get a little stretch on them, something the flowering period will help with, but also a good increase in light and distance to the top of the plants to begin with(first 2-3 weeks of flower). Just my observation....otherwise you could end up with a very tight bush, with only the top developed right, coz the light cant penetrate downwards. Good luck with them, a supernice plant, which can develope giant buds.Did some in 2016 and though I didn't get the size they've got in their promo pics, very likely grown hydroponic and 1000 W, I did get some very nice results, and smell and taste is still to die for... S.

Hey there, thanks for your thoughts!

parameters are very tough here right now as we are in the desert and having heat issues. I am currently at 300W of light and have already flipped to flower. Light is about 20” above the tops of the plants. Temps are around 88 degrees.

Can’t go any higher with the wattage or temps get out of control unfortunately. Luckily I do have them all cloned now properly. I took a second set of clones and all were larger as well as healthier, and all are doing well. Hoping they can make due with the light that they have available to them but ppfd should be adequate at least for early flowering to see how they start developing, and maybe I can make some adjustments from there. Previously light was 30” or better from the tops

OZZ_

Veteran
I do think these bubblegums would have benefited greatly by topping them, and spreading them out to open up the canopy for better light penetration. They are ridiculously dense. I just checked my parameters and wattage is set at 335w at 24” directly above the plants. Since they are all so compact they all fit directly under the light

Latest posts

Latest posts