What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CC Green Crack - 3x3 tent - 600W LED

Jestocost

Hello, good people. This is my grow diary for this run. I've had a couple of misfires before, and didn't want to start and keep updating a journal that petered out again; so I started some seeds and grew them out well before deciding to post with some confidence this run was going finish.

So far I'm at 5.5 weeks veg with 2x Cali Connection Green Crack. They're feminized, from seed, and nice/hardy little plants.

Soil is a mix of Mother Earth Terracraft, FF OF, a couple of local potting soils, and EWC, with a generous leavening of expanded shale and a little perlite. Nothing crazy, nice and well-draining, with a little amendment.

Nutes are Roots Organic bottle line, a little BioRhizo, GW Myco, and some Garrett juice occasionally.

Up-potting sequence has been small little pot - 2 gal smart pot - 5 gal smart pot.

Lights are a combined 600+ watts (from wall) mixed-spectrum Chinesium LEDs.

Tent is a 3x3 Gorilla Grow Tent, ducted out through a dryer vent and ventilated with a 6" AC Infinity fan.

I've kept it very simple. Feed 2-3x a week, working the wet-dry cycle. No overfeeding has occurred - these ladies aren't finicky. Have had zero temp issues - constant 72-78 degrees F.

Only thing was I overwatered just a hair through week 3.

Plants were topped around week 3.5 at 5th node. Have done some light defoliation, primarily at the bottom, as the plants have desired. Took out some canopy clutter yesterday.

Here are some pics in chronological order.

I am flipping to flower later this week, so my account of the veg stage will be primarily a quick run through the growth - nothing crazy and nothing you folks haven't seen before.

Jestocost

image_2036545.jpg
I just like this picture.

Jestocost

image_2036546.jpg
image_2036550.jpg
image_2036552.jpg
Here's week 1 and 2, roughly. Both seeds popped with 6 hours of each other 3 days after planting. Mother Earth Terracraft soil. Watered in with a little BioRhizo and GW Myco.

Jestocost

image_2036553.jpg
image_2036551.jpg
image_2036554.jpg

I probably uppotted them at 1.5 or 2 weeks. No issues, no slowed growth. Kept them under around 500watts at a pretty good distance.

Jestocost

Once I figured they were going to make it flower I cut a 6" hole in my wall, bought a good carbon filter (Terra Bloom?), and hooked up the fan system.

IMG_2331.jpg
IMG_2332.jpg
IMG_2333.jpg

Setting 6 or 7 keeps the temps at 76-78 degrees F. It's in a closet, and pulls in air from a larger conditioned room. The ducting is a little sloppy linear-wise but it's tight and clean.

Jestocost

IMG_2195.jpg
IMG_2204.jpg
IMG_2205.jpg

Here's week 3. 2 gallon smart pots. Green Crack is a skunky plant, so they stay low and dense. Lights are on a 19-5 schedule. This was right before I topped them.

Jestocost

Week 4, so 21 days and a little more after they popped (Going from March 1.) Recovered nicely from topping, and the pics show the new saucers I got to fit the plant caddies and larger pots. Bushy, tight, vigorous. I'd figured out the overwatering at this point and they're responding to a deeper wet/dry cycle and a heavier feed.

At this point I'm hitting them with Buddha Grow, BioRhizo, HPK once or twice, GW Myco, CalMag, and a great ACT from a local feed and seed. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2336.jpg Views:	1 Size:	64.2 KB ID:	17829842 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2343.jpg Views:	1 Size:	84.9 KB ID:	17829843 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2344.jpg Views:	1 Size:	87.0 KB ID:	17829844

Jestocost

IMG_2303.jpg
19C264A6-D0C2-4FD0-B629-F06FC736A9F6.JPG
IMG_2295.jpg
IMG_2294.jpg

More week 4. Some trimming at the bottom of the plant. Primary bud/kola sites are forming up nicely.

Jestocost

Transplant into 5 gallon pots, about 10-12 day after topping. No issues, richer soil. Plants are healthy and growing at a good clip. Watered in with a little BioRhizo, GW Myco, and ACT.

IMG_2382.jpg
IMG_2383.jpg

IMG_2386.jpg
IMG_2387.jpg

Jestocost

Here we are today, 04/11/2021, 5.5 weeks since they popped out of the soil. I did a medium defoliation yesterday, cleaned up the canopy a little bit, and fed them.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2493.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.9 KB ID:	17829870 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2492.jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.8 KB ID:	17829871 Click image for larger version  Name:	92DBB658-9211-40F2-AF43-9B1FE22AF17F.JPG Views:	0 Size:	77.3 KB ID:	17829872

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2494.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.6 KB ID:	17829874 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2496.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.6 KB ID:	17829875 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2495.jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.5 KB ID:	17829876

Jestocost

I'll be flipping later in the week and providing 2x weekly updates. Will be putting a trellis in just in case, a small in-tent fan, and changing up the feed a little but "less-is-more" is the theme for this run.

I appreciate all I've learned from this site, and am grateful for the chance to share a little of my method.

Hope all you folks have a great Sunday.

- Jestocost

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They look nice jesto, all ready to go! - good luck with starting flower.

VG

Jestocost

This is beginning of week 6 from seed popping. Once flipped, feed is going to transition to Roots Organics Buddha Bloom, with RO Extreme Serene, Canna BioRhizo, a good dose of RO HPK, Botanicare PureBlend Pro Bloom Booster and weekly Botanicare CalMag Plus and ACT.

The goal with the whole veg and transition period to flower was and is healthy, vigorous plants in a good, living, resilient soil. I've actually put more work into the soil, and feeding the biome, than I have the plants - Cali Connection has good gear. I spent time on the soil to create a growth medium that would preclude any PH issues, maximize nutrient utilization, and generally deliver - along with the plant - the max amount of energy to the budsites.

The stems and branches are thick, the soil is good, and the lights - while cheap - are powerful (a hair over 600 watts from the wall) and create a plane of blended spectrum that I like.

I have 8 good kola sites. With a little luck and training I hope to make 10-12 happen. Larger plant is 18-18.5" from soil, smaller one 17-17.5". I expect a doubling in height during stretch.

Pots are SmartPot 5 gallons.

Pics are from 4/12

I will check back in after final veg light cycle on Friday. Flip is Saturday 04/17.

IMG_2514.jpg
IMG_2513.jpg
IMG_2512.jpg

Jestocost

8 days from flip. Significant stretch - have to measure and will report back. Two distinct phenotypes - one is a classic Indica with 4 distinct bud sites, broad leaves, and compact growth; the other lankier, with what looks like 6-8 good budsites, and much bushier. They're feeding heavy and I need to up the feed cycle to 3x/weekly. Have added RO Buddha Bloom and Botanicare Soil Blend Bloom Boost.

Zero Issues. Plants are vigorous, releafing nicely after a mild defoliation. Going to give them a good haircut in a week in preparation for the final flower run.

We had a slight power outage during a severe storm here yesterday and my awesome wife got the plant out of the interrupted light time and into natural light very, very quickly. I love her.

These are going to be big plants, and I'm going to have to do some canopy management and staking.

Edit 04/25: Currently 23" and 25" tall, measured from soil level. 9 days in 12/12 flower. Curious how tall the big one is going to get.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2723.jpg Views:	13 Size:	83.3 KB ID:	17841300 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2724.jpg Views:	12 Size:	80.3 KB ID:	17841301 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2725.jpg Views:	12 Size:	94.8 KB ID:	17841302

See the two phenos in the natty light photos

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2702.jpg Views:	12 Size:	93.3 KB ID:	17841303 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2697.jpg Views:	12 Size:	83.8 KB ID:	17841304 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2698.jpg Views:	12 Size:	104.7 KB ID:	17841305

Last edited:

Jestocost

Bud formation beginning. Now almost 8 weeks from seed. Gave them their last major haircut today and opened up the canopy a little bit.

Next run I'm training more and earlier. I'm giving up a lot of canopy area and some significant space around the edges of my tent.

Other than that they're ridiculously healthy and eating heavy. Will hit this weekend with ACT again.

IMG_2765.jpg
IMG_2767.jpg
IMG_2766.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Your plants are growing very well and looking very vigorous. You are doing a very good job! I see you are light blending too and getting super results. 😎

Last edited: