What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My First Grow, Rooting Day 7.

XxHammer

RootingD7.jpg
Rooting D7.a.jpg

Here are my ladies 7 days post-germination. I have a more detailed and complete Grow Log in my Album.

I germinated these seeds in Seed Starter, so I am calling these "Rooting, Day 7" and I plan to transplant 4 of them into 5-gallon fabric pots this coming weekend.

I am a little nervous about the Veg Stage as this is my very first attempt at growing; mainly proper defoliation and maintenance of my plant.

** I am getting ready to build a Trellis Net for later use, anyone here have any cool/unique/ easy ideas they have used or seen? Something adjustable would be nice but not necessary. I was thinking some type of wire and maybe PVC?

Thanks
Hammer

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Good luck with your grow. Best advice: go slow & easy & sometimes the best thing to do is nothing. :rasta:

Amazon is your friend for netting. You can get some that clips to your tent poles.

XxHammer

aFinishedTentSetup.jpg

I think I did a pretty good job for my first go. There has definitely been a ton of Trial and Error but its been fun!

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I have been meaning to put up a post about making poles. I rushed a diagram together as a rough Idea you may like to use.
Click image for larger version  Name:	pole.jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.1 KB ID:	17826115

The idea is to take a long bit of wood, then drill a 20mm? hole to suit your pole size, before cutting straight through to leave a nice socket shape.
The little hole could facilitate a cable tie so if the tent poles splayed, the pole wouldn't drop. The cable tie isn't to stop a 4 pole frame from dropping though. Instead, a cable tie round the original tent pole can stop the frame dropping. You could perhaps put a little gaffer tape on the pole to help this cable tie grip something.
Overall, a tight pea&bean net loaded with buds will pull everything together, not pull it down. Though as a total 'I failed' move some string to hang the frame from the top of the tent isn't out of the question. I have never seen a frame hung, it's always on feet, but hanging could actually be superior where adjustments are needed.

The brown bit is another project. Some people drop 2 meter tents on their side. This 2 meters is usually two, one meter poles. It sags and led lights and filters are heavy. This pole is a new upright. The brown tape ensures the wood can never split.

Edit: reusable cable-ties, always

Attachments

• photo1990020.jpg
    photo1990020.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 35

XxHammer

Haha I just realized I made a very similar thread last night in the Beginners Forum. I need to quit smoking so much weed

XxHammer

Thanks. I pieced it together the best I could for someone who had no real idea what they were doing. That is really my biggest regret, not doing more research on Lights and Fans and products in general before I dove right in and bought stuff. I definitely would not have bought a 315W CMH, I would have went LED from the jump. And I definitely would have bought a larger/stronger exhaust fan. But you live and you learn.

I will likely just keep this tent for Clones or some solo purpose once I move. Maybe only use the CMH for Veg and then have a Flowering Tent.

XxHammer

Id love to try Mars Hydro product next time around. I kind of got steered a certain way because of who I had teaching me.