What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Question for the smarter than me folks.

So I’m building out my first grow room out of a portable shed. My area is 12x15 and I’m planning on doing soil in raised beds made from a 2x10 lined with plastic. I am wanting to use led lights and have them hung up. I have 20 lights that are very similar to the mars 1000 and are labeled as 1000 watt lights but only pull 150 true watts and am wondering how to figure out what to expect of my setup. Once I run my grow do I calculate my gpw by the listed 20k watts or the actual 3k true watts?

OldSSSCGuy

Do you mean gpw as 'grams per watt'? If yes - you can't calculate what you haven't run yet. If no - then accept that my dumbness is the state of my art.

Do you mean gpw as 'grams per watt'? If yes - you can't calculate what you haven't run yet. If no - then accept that my dumbness is the state of my art.

I may be too medicated to even follow that 😂😂. I’m asking for when I have my first harvest and have a final weight which number should I use as my wattage? The actual 3k watts or the advertised 1000 watts each light supposedly makes.

Think I get what your saying now. No I’m not asking what will I yield on something I haven’t grown yet. I’m asking after I get my first grow harvested and want to get a gpw ratio which number of watts am I supposed to use in my calculation. The actual watts or what the lamps say they produce? For example the lights I have say they are 1k watt lights that only use 150 watts of power.

OldSSSCGuy

Think I get what your saying now. No I’m not asking what will I yield on something I haven’t grown yet. I’m asking after I get my first grow harvested and want to get a gpw ratio which number of watts am I supposed to use in my calculation. The actual watts or what the lamps say they produce? For example the lights I have say they are 1k watt lights that only use 150 watts of power.

Sorry for not explaining better, I see what you mean. Happy gowing!

Test test.

Attachments

• FBF3E637-DEF1-4FA7-AD3F-905F68CC388E.jpeg
    FBF3E637-DEF1-4FA7-AD3F-905F68CC388E.jpeg
    78.3 KB · Views: 25

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
sounds like you bought lights that are 6-8 years old, that type of BS advertising in LED Grow lights stopped a long time ago.

the new style LEDS like Gavita use 6-700 watts to replace 1000 watt hid fixtures and they work very well.