Goodbye to perpetual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodbye to perpetual

Just put a bunch of plants under my 600W - for the first time in more than a year I'm just doing a normal grow instead of perpetual. Keeping track of different feeding schedules got old - and like this I'm in a better position to fight the damn thrips because I can give them pyrethrum now while they're vegging.

Pics to come before flower.
    Current:
    Bubblegum Battle

Inside:
    2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2009 2009 2008 2007 2007
    Outside:
    2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008

Low energy ground coupled cooler/dehumidifier?
    Keeping nordic outdoor strains as mothers.

Let the voice of reason chime - Lemmy Kilmister

I am doing a perpetual grow with autos, but I am just in the starting stages, seed run right now, and then will start the perpetual, but did you run into any other problems other than feeding that I should be aware of? I plan to have a few buckets of nutes, with different strengths. I do hempy buckets so hand watering. But like 1 bucket will have flowering nutes, one veg nutes, and then mix up different strengths if I need them for special circumstances. What do you think?

Anyways, pulling up a chair for this one. Stay Safe.

Peace/Love/Joy

Comment

Originally posted by maryjane2029 View Post
      I am doing a perpetual grow with autos, but I am just in the starting stages, seed run right now, and then will start the perpetual, but did you run into any other problems other than feeding that I should be aware of? I plan to have a few buckets of nutes, with different strengths. I do hempy buckets so hand watering. But like 1 bucket will have flowering nutes, one veg nutes, and then mix up different strengths if I need them for special circumstances. What do you think?

Anyways, pulling up a chair for this one. Stay Safe.

Peace/Love/Joy
      Sorry to hijack here but i just wanted to say real quick that Autoflower strains are not very economical.. You will need 24 hrs of light to get the same yields other strains produce under 12 hours in the exact same amount of time.. (given you use cuttings..) I recommend getting a decent mother, and use cuts for perpetual growing.. and put those seeds ur making outdoors ..

best of luck to all here

Comment

I mix my nutes up for the different stages in clear plastic water gallon containers, and label them with a sharpie. I also have two grow spaces and just keep what I am using in each grow space (.e., veg or flower). That also keeps the nute solution a nice temp. Things are pretty simple for me right now, but that is going to change soon, and I need to keep track.

JQ

Comment

I do perpetual organics, and I don't worry about feeding schedules. I just feed them whenever, and feed them nice safe compost tea that doesn't overdose them.
          ---------------------------------------------
          My newest grow diary: 400W CMH + 256W T8. Multi-strain perpetual organic

My Grow Diary(finished)

T-8 only grow cab, taking shoplights to the extreme(finished)

"This coir smells so good I'm having a growgasm!" - Me

Comment

Thanks for the comments people. Today is day 1 12/12 and I'll see if I can get some more pics up - been slacking on the pic side lately.
            Actually I've been procrastinating with my grow in general - and also been punished for it in terms of yield... Spent more time reading about growing and thinking about other systems than actually DOING something with what's on hand...
            Back on track now though Got a nice full closet and a bunch of beautiful clones that I just need to treat really well to ensure a bumper harvest for my next grow.
            I've got a couple of weeks to make up my mind: Is it gonna be coco next time, hydro, or dirt as usual...
            It's that simple really - as Julian put it so nicely: WHAT you can, WHEN you can. Right now it's all about not forgetting to water, keeping an eye on the clones every day and making up my mind pretty fast about what to do with them.
            Current:
            Bubblegum Battle

Inside:
            Outside:

Comment

I did a perpetual harvest for 3-4 years before I got my 600 HPS cabinet. I so miss doing it today. With hindsite, it's my favorite way of growing once it's all dialed in...
              Formerly Caprichoso

Comment

just seeing how this works, as you guys can see this is my first post.

Blackone ur work is admired

Comment

what is the specs/setup of ur veg chamber??

Comment

I have to grow perpetual or I can't keep myself in smoke. Had great results with scrog but could never harvest enough to last until the next one was ready. I harvest 3 or 4 plants every couple of weeks. Works well, always have a little never have alot, and the smoke is always something a bit different...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sodank View Post
                      what is the specs/setup of ur veg chamber??
                      Veg chamber is 130cm x 60cm x 100 cm (l x w x h) with 4*36W 6500K flourescents.
                      Current:
                      Bubblegum Battle

Inside:
                      Outside:

Comment

Never discount grower personality. If you think you'll have more fun another way, do it. I was fascinated with perpetual up until the moment it was locked down and dialed in. Then it became a massive chore and I stopped. I'd rather harvest 2-3 times a year than 2-3 times a month but, that's just me.

FreezerBoy's Destroyer Diary-Completed...... FreezerBoy's Thunk Diary-Completed...... Beginners Links

Comment

Yeah exactly - it becomes a chore to take care of different nutrient/water needs of plants at different stages.
                          I'm convinced that perpetual has the potential of yielding really well because you're able to squeeze the newest plants together and then seperate them a little more as they stretch.
                          I'm just tired of it... every day just flows into the next and you never have any "seasons" in the grow - there are always budding plants, plants building buds, plants almost ready for harvest etc.
                          Still haven't decided if I'll try out Coco with drippers or DWC for the next grow though... I would definitely love not having to water individual pots as I do now.
                          Current:
                          Bubblegum Battle

Inside:
                          Outside:

Comment

So.. day 4 12/12 and they're stretching pretty damn good compared to my last many grows - I think I'm back on track
                            Some Swt#3 buds from last harvest:

Some bubblehash I made:

My room at day 4 - too bad I don't have any day1 pics - then you would have seen the stretch - normally swt#3 doesn't stretch much in flower but I guess I found some nice soil:

A single seedbearing plant is in there with them - the seeds look mature now so I'll probably cut it soon. This is Phils Erdpurt * (E-Rocket*Danish Passion) - the fathers of the seeds were a couple that were seen to autoflower under 19 hours of light - with a little luck this might lead to a pretty early strain. Nothing wrong with the resin on that one...

My vegging chamber - got some outdoor clones rooting atm and also some swt#3 clones I took a few days ago.
                            Plants on the sides are grapefruit mothers, outdoor mothers and some small mothers to preserve phenos of Satori, SatoriXswt#3, DSD.

My outdoor plants are all a mix of Danish and Swiss genes, made by Esbe. Later I'll also add some Freja from Sagaseeds - I'll dedicade a thread to my outdoor grow when I have more to show.
                            Current:
                            Bubblegum Battle

Inside:
                            Outside:

Comment

awesome bro! exiting with phils erdpurt x and the auto fathers! you swt3 nugs looks dank!

looking forward to your outdoors bro!

im also working some of ol enos beans this season.
                              .^???®??S ?®Ø? ?£??

Click the gif to learn much more about HFH:

Comment

Working...
                              X