What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grow Room construction need Help !!! PICS!!!

I am trying to build my grow room and frame it up in my single garage.

Here is my planned setup. Bare with me!

Untitled-1.gif

Now, i have a problem with the framing as the wooden frame in the roof comes out from the wall say 8-10 inches and im not sure how to go about framing it up!

Heres a few pics so you get the idea!

Now should i frame straight to the beams in the roof??? The floor drops down in the garage and the ceiling height is 10 feet high (not bad hay!).

Can anyone help me with some sites for fraiming an and indoor room in my garage.!

thanks in advance

Does anyone have any god sites for framing up a grow room or any frame in general thet may help??

im farely handy but not sure how to tackle this project!

Guvnor

What I personally would do is this:
I'd drill 'n' plug my 4x2's to wall- screw a top plate to the ceiling (obviously locate the direction your joists run) then plug 'n' screw a toe board to the floor. Once your wall,top and toe plate are in the correct positions, start putting in your uprights (i'd put them at 600cm centre's, this will accomadate for either plaster board or plywood/mdf sheeting) then put your noggings inbetween your uprights.
Anyways, if any of this isnt clear buddy-let me know.

All The Best
Guv'nor :joint:

You usally put your wall plate up first, but in your case i'd put the top plate in first and run it right into your brick wall, then put your wall-plate in and butt that to your roof plate. Does this make sense? its hard to explain without being able to show you. You said your quite handy, im sure you got the gist of what im saying.
For some reason, its seems your roof plate from your garage is barring on those 9 inch brick pier's rather than the actually wall, very strange.

On a side note- It couldn't hurt to put some celotex in the gap between your roof plate and inside skin brickword. Just to bridge that cold gap. rockwool would be alright but celotex is the business :yes:

Last edited:
cheers mate i am handy but some terms are american terms and im and auzzie LOL :)

I guess the only drama is getting things squared off and inline otherwise it will turn into a nightmare real fast.

Guvnor

Drummerlars, if this site posted above isnt much help feel free to p.m me with any questions you may have or if you want me to explain my reply alil more- be more than happy to help buddy :yes:

Btw, Uk'er over here- How is gorgeous Oz these days?

all the best and best of luck with everything
Guv'nor :joint:

G

what growing method are you using and what lights are you using, why are you leaving a space between the room and existing wall?

treble

Hey drummerlars, that looks like a main bearer beam running accross from your brick pillars in that wall. I assume it is a single leaf wall. I can't tell if it is an outside wall or one adjoining your house... either way I would... without any chippy expertise what-so-ever I might add..

I would try and incorporate that gap into your chamber for ventilation, if you can put your wall plates up against the wall at each end of your proposed space, I would then put your top plate on set away from the wall if possible to allow that gap to stay, i.e. dont plate out from the wall so it covers up the gap....

perhaps you could fasten your top plate to the underside of that beam... but just don't go cuttting into it in a big way....

What do you rekon about that Guvnor?? is it going to weaken the setup at all? I know nothing about framing up but it would be good it it can be done .... Just seems like an idea way to vent your cab to me....

treb

pseudo krypto said:
what growing method are you using and what lights are you using, why are you leaving a space between the room and existing wall?
hi

i dont plant on leaving any space between the wall and the grow room. The grow room will only be 3 sides of framing and the 4th wall being the brick wall

guide1

I would try and incorporate that gap into your chamber for ventilation, if you can put your wall plates up against the wall at each end of your proposed space, I would then put your top plate on set away from the wall if possible to allow that gap to stay, i.e. dont plate out from the wall so it covers up the gap....
https://www.guideadda.com

Latest posts

Latest posts