What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

richyrich hydro tea recipe if perfectly compatible for organic hydro

richyrich

Out of the slime, finally.
Veteran
You must get your yourself a bottle of Physan20. To sterilize and clean your system and equipment use Physan20 at 3mL per 25gallons. Unscented regular bleach is fine if you do not have Physan20, but do get it asap.When you have a crop that is on life support and you think it might be salvageable, you can run Physan20 (not bleach) through a hydro system with plants in it. Run it through the system for no more than 6 hours and dump it, then flush with clean water, and then make a new rez. That is how you sterilize your system from the slime and everything else.

The next step is to make a compost/ewc tea according to my recipe. You can use the tea in hydro systems, rockwool, soil, coco, etc.. All plant types and all types of growing media benefit tremendously. Besides keeping away the slime, we are replicating mother nature by attempting to provide all the beneficial microbes that are found naturally in soil.

Okay, now on to the RichyRich Hydro Tea Recipe and Instructions:

1. Put 4 gallons of RO water or bottled water in a 5 gallon bucket.
2. Add an air stone to the bucket with an air pump.
3. Any pump is fine.
4. If you only have tap water, bubble the tap water for 24 hours with the air stone to get rid of the chlorine.
5. The chlorine will kill the good microbes you are attempting to brew.
6. Add the following to the bucket directly or put it in a sock, nylon, mesh bag, etc. and hang it into the bucket.
7. Add 2 to 3 handfuls (or cups) of earth worm castings or Ancient Forest which is even better or go for a mix of both.
8. Add 25mL of liquid carbo load or molasses per 24 hours of planned brew time.
9. As an alternative use 1tsp of powder carbo load or brown cane sugar per 24 hours of planned brew time.
10. Add 1/2 to 1 scoop of ZHO powdered microbes.
11. Add 1/2 to 1 scoop of Great White powdered microbes.
12. Add 5mL of Root Excelurator.
13. add 30 to 100mL of Aquashield
14. Bubble your brew for 24-48 hours and no longer.
15. Separate the solids with cheese cloth, a t-shirt, etc. and put in a clean container.
16. When it is brewing you will see frothing usually by the 12th hour.
17. The frothing indicates you have active good microbes growing.
18. When the frothing diminishes that means your microbes are about done with their food (the sugar product you added).
19. That is good and is where you want to be.
20. You do not want to be adding any unused sugar remaining in your brewed tea when you add the tea to the rez.
21. That unused sugar will be a food source for the slime.
22. You must fridge your left over brewed tea.
23. You can fridge your tea for 7 to10 days.
24. Always give your tea a sniff test before you add it to your rez.
25. If your tea ever smells rank then get rid of it.
26. Your tea should smell earthy.
27. Don't worry about screwing up your tea mixture.
28. It's almost fool proof as long as you do not add too much of a sugar product.
29. For a new fresh rez you will add tea at a rate of 1 to 3 cups per 10 gallons.
30. In between rez clean outs you will add 1 cup of tea per 10 gallons every 3rd day to replenish the microherd army.
31. During a rez clean out, do not dump out your entire rez because you will keep 1 gallon per 10 gallons unless your rez is infected.
32. Make your new rez preferably with all chem ferts and not organic ferts.
33. Do not use enzyme products such as hygrozyme, sensizyme, etc. as these break down dead organic matter which are a known source of food (jet fuel) for the brown slime algae.
34. You can use the zyme products and organic ferts once you become more advanced.
35. Do not add sugar products such as carbo load directly to your rez unless you want to cause a slime explosion.
36. Remember to keep it simple (KISS: keep it simple stupid).
37. Don't over think everything or it will drive you crazy.
38. Last, enjoy explosive white furry roots and massive yields.

Click on the pictures to enlarge and see the recipe products and a frothy batch of tea brewing.

Don't worry about precision and having every product in the recipe. If you were to make a tea with just earth worm castings and molasses to get by until you can get the rest of the products, you will do okay. The main thing you are attempting to do is provide a plentiful amount of good microbes to outplace the bad microbes and especially the slime from getting a foothold and taking over your system and/or rez.

For those of you that prefer to grow in a dead rez, that is growing completely sterile, you will find how to do that within this thread. I also found success with UV lighting to combat the slime and there are additional success stories too. Going sterile as such is effective but I advocate using my tea recipe and instructions instead because nothing is better than getting close to replicating mother nature. With tea, the plants are more hardier, more resistant to stress, and the root masses get much much larger. In short the roots are amazing. A larger root mass equals a larger yield!

Shoots

Been making almost the exact tea for some time now. I love it.

When I got lazy and stopped doing them my plants were upset.

Once a week keeps the roots blast white.

Credit is due to Heisenberg too!!!

Thanks for posting.

richyrich

Veteran
Been making almost the exact tea for some time now. I love it.

When I got lazy and stopped doing them my plants were upset.

Once a week keeps the roots blast white.

Credit is due to Heisenberg too!!!

Thanks for posting.

The tea recipe and the work I did to find the name, source, and weapons to beat the slime are my original work from from 2007-2009. I left the forums for a few years and I have just returned.

Heisenberg made his first post in 2010-2011. S/he is nothing but a complete plagiarizer and s/he and that website are under copyright infringement and are being taken care of legally. Take a close look at heisenbergs posts and read thru the posts I made years earlier in the slime thread. No credit goes to plagiarizers. Nothing is original in the heisenberg thread.

I'm very happy to hear that the tea works for you. Now that I have come back, it has been wildly successful in helping people beyond anything I ever expected. It's no wonder I have browsed thru various websites and see shady people trying to take claim and holding back the info and the original link for profit and internet fame. Shame on those people.

Shoots

I was one of the misinformed then. It works a treat like always I have some brewing now for tonight.

Thanks for clearing that up richy-rich.

richyrich

Veteran
I was one of the misinformed then. It works a treat like always I have some brewing now for tonight.

Thanks for clearing that up richy-rich.

No worries brother. I'm back and taking care of that business. I am working on other things btw which can be found in my other threads. I'm also putting up some pretty informative threads. I will help anyone with their troubles and questions, so if you have any, feel free to swing by.

Cheers to the tea. I gave the recipe and instructions away for free to all for personal use and not for personal profit. The link can always be found in my signature. Happy and successful growing!

richyrich

Veteran
So Richy are you saying that you invented Aerated Compost Tea? -granger

I take it as rhetorical question you threw out there since just about everyone knows the answer to your question. What you did not do is try to find out what the recipe is all about before posting. What I did do back in 2007-2009 is what you can read in the following link if you are not lazy and feel like reading for a full day. Then do a lot of searching and reading around including other websites to see how many gardens it has saved. Thousands...

Strange Slime buildup on roots
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=55259

start at post # 18

Have you ever seen this stuff? If not, go read the hell this stuff is and hope you never get it.

Granger2

Veteran
No, I asked the question because I didn't, and still don't, know the answer. Instead of a simple answer, you tell me I should spend a full day reading, followed by more research, or I'm lazy? -granger

richyrich

Veteran
A silly question with the insinuation posed by you doesn't require an answer and you know that. Just like me insinuating if you are lazy. I didn't say you were... anyway pointless.

hedonist76

well im in for a pound

well im in for a pound

Helloooooo Richy finally found you. I your formula under another steal'n A..holes name but knew he was a phone. He did not have a clue about the science so i dug deep and found you. Did the rescue today with 6 very special Hawaiian indica kush crosses i stared from seed. i am an old timer 59 years old lol. I grew for years as a single guy, in soil got the bug to play in the water and was doin just fine, had herring bone roots 18" long at week three crusin hydro is fuuuuun then week 4 one day i woke up to a ph of 6.4 foam in my res and nasty funky roots i did my research and believed instantly in the ewc tea but wanted to find the source to know the real deal and the correct treatment you have added Great white that was not in the scumbag formula. And im glad I waited to find out from you the refined Pysan wash time etc. before i bit the ol bullet God love ya bro for figuring this out and thank God for the internet or i would have 6 dead lady's. im clonin as soon as they get over the shock and show some real root and growth and im puttin the tea in the ez cloner i just bought. like I said Im in for a pound . I'm in the theater in NY If you ever want to see a show let me know it's on me for you and your date. No Shit i mean it. hedonist out
will keep ya posted

hedonist76

Guss i might be the oldes newbie here lol

Guss i might be the oldes newbie here lol

I have a funny feeli'n i'm gonna need a bit of help along the way nice to have found this place seems full of cool folks and good info for us first time swimmers

richyrich

Veteran
Helloooooo Richy finally found you. I your formula under another steal'n A..holes name but knew he was a phone. He did not have a clue about the science so i dug deep and found you. Did the rescue today with 6 very special Hawaiian indica kush crosses i stared from seed. i am an old timer 59 years old lol. I grew for years as a single guy, in soil got the bug to play in the water and was doin just fine, had herring bone roots 18" long at week three crusin hydro is fuuuuun then week 4 one day i woke up to a ph of 6.4 foam in my res and nasty funky roots i did my research and believed instantly in the ewc tea but wanted to find the source to know the real deal and the correct treatment you have added Great white that was not in the scumbag formula. And im glad I waited to find out from you the refined Pysan wash time etc. before i bit the ol bullet God love ya bro for figuring this out and thank God for the internet or i would have 6 dead lady's. im clonin as soon as they get over the shock and show some real root and growth and im puttin the tea in the ez cloner i just bought. like I said Im in for a pound . I'm in the theater in NY If you ever want to see a show let me know it's on me for you and your date. No Shit i mean it. hedonist out
will keep ya posted

Thank you.

gmanwho

Veteran
Hi all, not sure if richy rich around. any suggestions is appreciated.

i've been bubbling this tea recipe with ewc & ancient forest, distilled water, an all the listed additives. i cut the recipe to 1/4 as i only wanted to make one gallon of tea. the only thing different is i used hi-brix molasses. no foam action yet an its been about 16hrs. when should i see foam action??

also what are ideal brewing temps ? my room is about 70f.

b-safe

blooper

i beat slime by adding a little bleach to the res every week but i just moved to a location where we will be using non-chlorinated well water so i'm considering living options. sterile works great but if there are additional benefits to bacteria, i am very interested. has anyone used this sort of thing as a deterrent/solution for root aphids?

gmanwho

Veteran
well i can say after 2 weeks of running this tea recipe in my rez with GH micro/bloom i am getting healthier white roots then ever before. it took a little while an i was skeptical at first running it with hydro. but i am sticking with it for awhile now for sure!!!!!

within days i seen improvement on all my coco seedlings an mothers. very noticeable in the coco.

now i dont sterilize my hydro systems, an im thinking it took a little while for the tea to take over. Positive rep richy rich. easily one of the best things i learned here at IC in awhile!!!!!!

b-safe & thank you!!!!

growteam

I thought I would chime in here and add some positive hype to your thread since I feel bad you got ripped off so hard.

I used your tea years back. I really enjoyed the smell and producing my own tea. I fed it to my plants in dwc and they reacted really well. The small cuttings grew bigger roots during their one month in veg. The buds also smelled different. (I didnt like the manure undertone) I would recommend the tea to anyone. It adds an organic element to the grow thats simple and fun. Some negatives for me where the cleanup and mess. Some of the ingredients where hard to source in Canada and I had to use alternatives that contained the same beneficials. Products like the General Hydroponics Subculture series. However this raised the cost to produce tea by tons.

Even though this was years ago, I did thank heisen-stealer. So I thought I would thank you now.

tipoftheiceberg

RichRich,

Your thread was the first thread i found on EWC, i have read your thread and most of the others. I have yet to use the tea and will be trying it very soon, i went the sterile root and i am constantly getting root rot. I have a chiller and use all the correct measures, every time i try now i have now luck when just adding great white powder into the res, it doesn't seem to do much. Maybe im adding too much as the roots come out of the hydroton already brown, when i rip out the stunted cuttings the roots look rotted when they exit the rockwall cube. The root look very brown, the ones that are already down into the water have a slime, not like your pics but like the exreat from the bennies. Bio slime if you must call it, maybe they are causing the roots to be stunted as im adding too much powder?

Anyway, big props to you, much respect, any advice id appreciate it.