What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Official Hempy Bucket Thread

Slim Pickens

Veteran
I watched them like a hawk,and I had to add back a little water because the cubes got light pretty quickly.It's been a long time since I used RW.Gotta get familiar with them again.

But yeah...no squeezing. :)

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I know this thread is up to forty bajillion pages, but this right here is all you really need to know, and it's on page one. :biggrin:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi every one i thought id add this system of growing I use and have used from the early to mid 80s. As most of you that know me will already know that im a believer in simplicity and things that work and I only really state facts that I have experienced from hands on.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
I like the hempy bucket because of its simplicity and the price of the system (ITS FREE ) to make and has no moving parts that can fail and once the plant has started its root system you can basically water and forget it for 2 days or 3 depending on temps and you can grow any strain from sativa to indica in it .

I basically got the idea from my first hydro kit I ever got that was a tomato hydro kit and I found it really easy to understand. It was basically an aquaponic set up and the guy I had got it from I went back a few years later telling him about my creation and how I got it from his idear and the look on his face and smile sed it all ,Ive spoken to a few people in the hydro industry about it and they all tell me it wont work it will cause root rot so on well there all wrong because this method works and they say a picture is worth a 100 words right lol.

I AM NOT SAYING THIS METHOD IS THE BEST BUT What I am saying is its a option and a easy cheap way to grow hydroponically and nothing more, I have tryed a lot of methods and have all ways gone back to this.

To make a hempy bucket is simple all you need to do is this

Get your self a bucket any color but clear as you will end up with algy forming as the nutes react to the light .

The size of the bucket can very from 1 gal (4lt) to 5gal (20lt) roughly I personally like useing a 10 lt bucket and have had up to 19 oz cured yield from a single bucket but it depends on the strain and given pheno .

Once you have your bucket then get a drill and drill a drain hole in the side of the bucket about 2 inch from the bottom , The drain hole can be around 7/16.

And the medium i use is perlite/vermiculite at around 3 to 4 parts perlite to 1 part vermiculite.You can use volcanic rocks but personally I found the perlite / vermiculite a lot better in many ways.

All you need to do now is basically add the rooted clone or seedling water with nutes and thats it,I would water it daily until the tap root and root system has headed down to the res but once you see a desent growth rate id then start to water every 2 days.

The only thing wrong with it is you need to hand water and you get run off from the drain hole thats it and as far as checking your PH well the only time you need to do that is when you mix your nutes i like useing a PH of 6.2 PH .

If you want to ask me questions feel free .

Like I said im not stating this methods is the best just saying its a option and a free one and it works and works well ................hempy
[/FONT]

hopla

Hi everyone!
Just started some hempy buckets.
Is it me or do i have to feed them less than with a smartpot full coco+perlite?
Last grow at the beginning of flowering i was at around 900 ppm; with Hempy buckets even though the plants are in good health i have some signs of nutrient burn with 850-900ppm on week 1 of flowering.
I feed every 3 days (as my coco remains very wet), maybe i should feed only PHed water or with a minimum of nutrients here and there?
To ask more simply: is there a recommended EC/PPM specific to hempies (for example: rarely go over 800 PPM), and do they need frequent "rincing" or weaker feedings to avoid the risk of salts build-up?
I've read a lot here and on other forums and i found a lot of contradictory advices, so before i decrease my PPM to 750-800PPM what would you recommend?
(my run off is at 650-750PPM when i feed 850-900)
Any help/advice will be very welcome ;)
(and sorry for my english)

woolybear

Veteran
I'm going to dust off the hempy bucket I used in one of my first grows. It was a male, so it didn't take, but I have a panama x honduras that I was planning on putting into my old NFT tray that would work fine in a bucket.

Bought some miracle-gro branded perlite, and will use jacks.

woolybear

Veteran
This ACE SEEDS Panama x Honduras is loving the hempy!

Rinsed the miracle gro perlite until the runoff was under 200ppm.

fetch?photoid=17810117.jpg

Agropop

Hello. Would like to know is it ok to use mykos in hempy perlite/vermiculite mix? I was looking at Extreme Gardening MykosWP and GHE Subculture / and the new subculture TrikologicS from Ghe, which one would be better?

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
😂🤣 Awesome! Good to see you back, and that you have a sense of humour. 👍😀

If i am going to be honest and i always am i did read your post wrong and i did get a little upset over it.

I re read it n got what was going on and i edited my post.

I was going to send you a pm and apologize as i over reacted.

So i apologize for that as i have been a little over sensitive of late.

Thank you H G.

H G Griffin

All good, brother.

(Even if I had been trying to be a dick, I'm nobody. My opinion is certainly not worth getting upset about. We're all just screen names distracting ourselves from the real world)

I wish you heath and happiness.

BTW, have you innovated and/or moved on, or are you still growing in buckets with holes? Hard to improve on the concept. I've been using this method for all my plants for years.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
All good, brother.

(Even if I had been trying to be a dick, I'm nobody. My opinion is certainly not worth getting upset about. We're all just screen names distracting ourselves from the real world)

I wish you heath and happiness.

BTW, have you innovated and/or moved on, or are you still growing in buckets with holes? Hard to improve on the concept. I've been using this method for all my plants for years.

Every ones a somebody.

I have moved to Coco Core now but i use perlite in the rez still as the coco core needs to drain .

I got great results with what i shared but i like the addiction of Coco core more.