Clear All

Thank - Looking lush in there!

Comment

Originally posted by olday View Post
      Thank - Looking lush in there!
      It’s even more lush now 😁
      Attached Files

Comment

I'll just give this thread a little bump, because it was the thing that helped me grow my very first cannabis crop, about eleven years ago!

I only grow for personal use, and I still use hempy buckets, with the perlite/vermiculite mix. For feeding, I follow the instructions on this thread- ==The Recipe==

If you're thinking about growing for the first time, this is a great place to start! If you have tried and failed a couple times using other methods, this is a great thread for you!

Thank you!
        "you wouldn't know respect if it bit you on the k u n t, douchebag."- justanotherbozo
        "Negative rep from a tool with a name like Jellyfish is a f'n bage of Honor."- Shalako
        "You have no fucking idea what you speak of."- Wendull C.
        "Put me on ignore."- Wendull C.
        "Lady Gaga is someone on my radar screen."- Hempy McNoodle

Comment

You don't have to spend a lot of money to get started growing good weed! Go Hempy Buckets For The Win!
          "you wouldn't know respect if it bit you on the k u n t, douchebag."- justanotherbozo
          "Negative rep from a tool with a name like Jellyfish is a f'n bage of Honor."- Shalako

Comment

Coco Hempy Beastin!!

Living my best life damnit!

Comment

EXHIBIT A!

Comment

Please excuse me for not going thru all 481 pages. My question is related to growing from seed. Could a person make a "well" with a little extra vermiculite and then direct seed into it? I'd germinate in a paper towel first of course. I'd prefer to do that if possible rather than try to germ in Jiffys or Rockwool etc. (I don't seem to have much success doing that is why I ask).

I should think that pests wouldn't be a big problem seeing as how commercial soils aren't being used,and that reasonable care is exercised when entering the growspace from outdoors.

The longer I spend trimming,the broader my definition of "Larf" becomes.
                I Blue my mind.

Comment

Ya slim,something easy to do is make small hempys out of 3oz cups after germinated in paper towels , then a solo 20 oz hempy and from there to the flower pot.I use straight perlite and water with plain as needed in the 3 oz.
                  I would not waste the resources trying to sprout in a large pot but what you asked might work.

Comment

Comment

I actually went back to organic living soil and kept using my hempy 5 gallons. The bottom is filled with perlite to the drain and soil on top. my yeild dropped abou 25% but its alot easier on me as I can boogie off for 4 days and not worry.
                      Love Hempy buckets

Comment

Slim- "Could a person make a "well" with a little extra vermiculite and then direct seed into it?"

I guess you could. What I do is pop beans in paper towels and THEN stick 'em in rockwool. Pretty successful method for me, but your mileage might vary.

Comment

Originally posted by hayday View Post
                          Ya slim,something easy to do is make small hempys out of 3oz cups after germinated in paper towels , then a solo 20 oz hempy and from there to the flower pot.I use straight perlite and water with plain as needed in the 3 oz.
                          I would not waste the resources trying to sprout in a large pot but what you asked might work.
                          Hayday!!

I'm trying to keep everything as simple as possible. Going directly to the final container eliminates transplant shock, and I always seem to get a mess when I transplant anyway. It's just another of my many talents.

Originally posted by hayday View Post
                          I actually went back to organic living soil and kept using my hempy 5 gallons. The bottom is filled with perlite to the drain and soil on top. my yeild dropped abou 25% but its alot easier on me as I can boogie off for 4 days and not worry.
                          Love Hempy buckets
                          I'mma stay with the original tried and true method myself. Not that I would ever feel the need attempt to dissuade anyone from tweaking things to their own liking. But for me, the original method looks to deliver good results, and that is ok with me.

Originally posted by Jellyfish View Post
                          Slim- "Could a person make a "well" with a little extra vermiculite and then direct seed into it?"

I guess you could. What I do is pop beans in paper towels and THEN stick 'em in rockwool. Pretty successful method for me, but your mileage might vary.
                          I'm slow Jelly. I might have arrived at that method myself given time to consider the options. I have read suggestions that 3 x 3 RW cubes (blocks) be used,but is there any reason that 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 cubes couldn't be used?

I think I'll use 2 gal buckets. I don't have a lot of room, and it appears this method yields well anyway.

I Blue my mind.

Comment

I use the 1.5X1.5 ones and they work fine. I think the bigger ones would not work as well for hempy bucket method, but I don't know. I have always used the smaller ones.

I usually have them in cottage cheese/yoogurt size mini-hempys for most of the veg period. When I move them up to bigger buckets (2 gal is fine), I trim the roots, which are probably grown into a hard mold of whatever container they were in. They love it. They start rapid growth right away!

You can do just fine with those two gallon buckets. I like the plastic Halloween buckets, they're a little less than 2 gals. I think.

Rock on with your bad self!

Comment

I always get root rot with rockwool so i got away from it. Perlite only for sprouts and seedlings here.

Comment

My main concern is starting from seed Hayday. I put some generic seed to water,and then will go to paper towels once the seeds have split.Then I'll put them in rockwool cubes and see how that goes.

In fact,it might be an even better idea to go to RW as soon as the seams show splitting to avoid damaging the taproots.

I Blue my mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X