What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Himalaya Gold in DWC

Hello everyone , this is a second time growing using DWC. I really do love it when there's no problems, but when there are problems it can be devastating. I hope to be very successful in this grow, and it is a personal goal of mine to yeild at least an ounce. Himalaya Gold is from greenhouse seeds and is a plant that produces nice side colas. After she showed her pre-flowers I threw her into the 150w hps chamber.

Here she is when she was first thrown in:

5 days after initiated photoperiod of 12/12:

9 days of 12/12 photoperiod:

It should be a fun grow

:wave:
Oldpath

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
You say you're using HPS so it may just be the light but, the plant seem a little yellow. Sure is growing well though. She looks lonely all by herself. Any reason you can't give her some friends to keep her company?

FreezerBoy - Yup it's just the light, I'll post a pic with it outside the chamber, she's green as can be. And she's going to be reunited with her old friend Satori tonight lol so she won't be as lonely. The satori will be grown in soil though. Thanks for stopping by.

Oldpath

Budtoker - The aroma isn't strong yet, but if I rub the stems I get a nice deep smell of hashish.
CheifsmokingBud - The light is now about 8" - 12" away from the top of my Himalaya Gold.
inkognyto - Thanks for the compliments.

Thank you all for stopping by, hope you enjoy the show.
OldPath

franco.gh

Peace, love and THC
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice HG! The internode is pretty tight and she looks like she's about to boost bud formation!
Make sure pH is slowly increasing and start soon with good PK shots....

the satori is back? I am also curious about her/him

;-)

franco.gh - Hello Franco, it's a pleasure to have you stop in my thread! :wave: I love the Himalaya Gold, it's such a hardy plant that grows strong and fast. I think she'll fill up my cab very nicely. She vegged for a good 30 days and I topped her around day 15 of veg. Once she was initiated into a 12/12 photoperiod the axial limbs shot out like crazy. I've been keeping the ph level around 5.5 throughout seedling and veg stages, and 5.8 through pre-flower and early flowering stages. I will keep slightly increasing the ph level, along with increasing the phosphorous and potassium levels as you suggested . She is starting to emit a beautiful deep and rich aroma like sweet hash. Here's one healthy root shot for you :smile:

OldPath

Update

Here's a few more pics of Himalaya Gold's recent bud formation

You can see the new bulbous trich formation

Here's Satori, he showed male preflowers so I'll collecting some pollen b/c I could see trich formation along the stem with a microscope

OldPath

Cannabean

OMFG THOSE ROOTS!!! Absolutely amazing man, how are they so white and lush, mine get all stained from GH notes. awesome.

kaappikapina - Thank you for the nice words. I will definitely keep updating :smile:
iLLperception - Thanks man, I did my best to keep it healthy:biglaugh:

Here's what happend to that male Satori:

The pollens being collected in a pc server stealth male chamber powered by an LED panel :smile: do you guys think 24/0 is alright for a male, especially b/c it's only leds?

OldPath

Last edited:
J

jaw

very nice lokoing plants good luck with your 1oz goal i think you will get tehre

G

She looks perfect OP. What kind of temps are you dealing with (air &water)? I'd like to do DWC but I don't have a res chiller. Do you add ice or anything special to keep temps down??

Latest posts

Latest posts