What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is the maximum yield in a 2'x4' area

alpo

Yes Alpo.
In a gorilla tent (the one with the extension to 8'11" height but i only use the 7'11" configuration that is enough), 3x10L buckets.
With a lot of training (Scrog+LST and supercropping if the stretch gets out of hand).

what temperature do you keep inside your tent with the led?

hopla

The Electric Sky 300 is not cheap but one good thing about it (and the fact the plants love it) is that it runs without making too much heat:
in summer i went at 28-30C max (it was actually 30C in my room)
now in winter i'm at 24C in the tent (but at 60% power, not yet full blast) and 21.5C in the room.
You can touch the light even after 16 hours of veg and it isn't too hot to the touch.
In flowering i had it really close to some tops, around 10 cm without any issue.
Great light, but now Mars Hydro SP3000 is out and 2/3 of the price.

alpo

I finished harvesting my first grow with this setup but the only difference was it was a 2 plant soil grow and only got 32 grams per sqft. I am going to use the same equipment but with a hydroponic setup this time.

Koondense

Veteran
What is your target yield for area?

My personal best was a pound per 2x4 under 300w of diy cob leds.
picture.php

Cheers

This was with organic soil mix, 25L fabric pots, two clones of Killer A5 Haze by Ace.
Hydro i imagine can get even more but way more finicky to control.

Cheers

alpo

This was with organic soil mix, 25L fabric pots, two clones of Killer A5 Haze by Ace.
Hydro i imagine can get even more but way more finicky to control.

Cheers

Those are some fat colas, did you use any microbes?

hopla

I finished harvesting my first grow with this setup but the only difference was it was a 2 plant soil grow and only got 32 grams per sqft. I am going to use the same equipment but with a hydroponic setup this time.

If you can buy some i couldn't recommend enough the compost tea product ”Recharge”.
You really see the plants are loving it and they look healthier when you use it.

Koondense

Veteran
Those are some fat colas, did you use any microbes?

I think not with this one. I make my soil mix with 2-3 premixed soils, add coco and other amendments which include mycorhizza and beneficial bacteria.

Cheers

alpo

z696xCv.jpg

Just waiting on my seeds to start this grow. I will run water through tomorrow to see if everything works. 🤞

alpo

I had to remove one of the 1" barbed elbows that was close to the pump that dripped water - nothing bad. and I get some water leaks where the drippers go into the tubing. so besides that, it uses a shit ton of water and coco coir is so dirty the water isn't draining through my screens. thinking about rockwool before my seeds come.

ZCzeQXL.jpg

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Did you use the full 480w? It seems you came in below most estimates, including a typical breeders claim which was about the lowest.

I have done a good half dozen crops trying to meet the feed demands of high lighting. 480w in a 2x4 would reduce yields. 300w would be nice. 350w would be some work. 50% more and they would be doing a lot of repair work instead of growing. You can keep them healthy at that, but they don't perform well without co2 to keep up.

What pump is giving you nearly a Bar? Most crap struggles to reach 8-9psi

alpo

Did you use the full 480w? It seems you came in below most estimates, including a typical breeders claim which was about the lowest.

I have done a good half dozen crops trying to meet the feed demands of high lighting. 480w in a 2x4 would reduce yields. 300w would be nice. 350w would be some work. 50% more and they would be doing a lot of repair work instead of growing. You can keep them healthy at that, but they don't perform well without co2 to keep up.

I turned my light to 100% in flower. My veg stage looked great. But I think I gave them too much light in flower and all the buds were very airy.

Pump is Munro Pond-Residential Submersible Pump 1/5hp

alpo

switching to rockwool. going to use 18 - 4" blocks per table/tent

Last edited:

alpo

I only had two plants per light. 7 weeks from seed to 12/12. I'm not 100% but I think light burn caused airy buds.

Rlbt6xt.jpg

Attachments

• ftTg11H.jpg
    ftTg11H.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 52

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
See any K deficiency? That's commonly linked to airy buds. I don't see anything you could call foxtailing from a refusal to finish. Did they brown off after just a month? That's what I tend to see, followed by some stalling. I read over-feeding at levels only a lab could detect can loose 10% and 1c temperature rises over a growing cycle can loose corn growers quite a lot more. Perhaps what happened is in there somewhere..

It's a long time since I pulled down something like that. IIRC some very early loft grows, meaning very dry and often hot. Using pure hydro where I suspected a lack of organic body was making a showing, but I know my drying was terrible back then. You can really shrink your buds to dry skellingtons in some environments

1/5th HP. 150w is not a huge amount for that pressure. I see people buying huge high volume pumps taking many times more power, but making half the pressure of the respectable high pressure pump they should be using. I will have to look them up. Thanks

sshz

Go look here in Indoor hydro and read the thread on the Gavita 1700e and find out what dude pulled from 4 x 8 tent with 2 Gavita 645`s over each 4 x 4 area.....sshz if I remember his handle , but he`s also got a thread at the Farm documenting 2 grows with the equipment so far.....

He hit well over 3 lbs per each 4 x 4 so it`s worth checking out the thread.....but.....To answer the original question yield in a 2 x 4 is subjective and a roll of the dice at best depending on too many X factors that can affect the bottom line......Strain dependent first and foremost , growth structure as close to single cola as possible to pack as many per sq ft in as possible , and canopy management as well as optimum environmental control start to finish with air exchange twice per minute.....anyways.....Good luck and.....

Peace......DHF.....:ying:.....

Was reading the thread and magically my name appeared. I'll correct the info.

I have 2 gavita's each above a 4 X 4 area. I'm a 30+ year HPS grower and bought the Gavita's wanting to switch to LED's. My first grow, the LED's yielded 106 oz (2.3 gpw)of Orange Gasm by Irie Seeds. The pic is below. My second grow was Sweet Zombie by Expert Seeds and that yielded 103 oz. I am on my 3rd grow with the LED's and in the 3rd week of flowering and I fully expect again to hit over 100 oz. I used to average around 65 oz with the 2 HPS, now over 100 oz with the LED's.

By my calculations, top growers should be able to get around 25-26 oz in a 2 X 4 area. Canopy management is the key.

picture.php

Bajagrows

Was reading the thread and magically my name appeared. I'll correct the info.

I have 2 gavita's each above a 4 X 4 area. I'm a 30+ year HPS grower and bought the Gavita's wanting to switch to LED's. My first grow, the LED's yielded 106 oz (2.3 gpw)of Orange Gasm by Irie Seeds. The pic is below. My second grow was Sweet Zombie by Expert Seeds and that yielded 103 oz. I am on my 3rd grow with the LED's and in the 3rd week of flowering and I fully expect again to hit over 100 oz. I used to average around 65 oz with the 2 HPS, now over 100 oz with the LED's.

By my calculations, top growers should be able to get around 25-26 oz in a 2 X 4 area. Canopy management is the key.

picture.php

Teach me master !!!!

sshz

Your first post....congrats.

Do a google search for "sshz and Orange Gasm" and read my thread from last year that has over 41,000 views at this point. It lays it all out, my first venture with LED's. The thread is still getting 1000 views a month, and no one is even posting in it anymore.

It will be the first link on the top of the google page.