What is the maximum yield in a 2'x4' area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by f-e View Post
    Did you use the full 480w? It seems you came in below most estimates, including a typical breeders claim which was about the lowest.

I have done a good half dozen crops trying to meet the feed demands of high lighting. 480w in a 2x4 would reduce yields. 300w would be nice. 350w would be some work. 50% more and they would be doing a lot of repair work instead of growing. You can keep them healthy at that, but they don't perform well without co2 to keep up.

What pump is giving you nearly a Bar? Most crap struggles to reach 8-9psi
    I turned my light to 100% in flower. My veg stage looked great. But I think I gave them too much light in flower and all the buds were very airy.

Pump is Munro Pond-Residential Submersible Pump 1/5hp

Comment

switching to rockwool. going to use 18 - 4" blocks per table/tent
      Last edited by alpo; 03-15-2021, 04:59.

Comment

Originally posted by f-e View Post
        Did you use the full 480w? It seems you came in below most estimates, including a typical breeders claim which was about the lowest.

I have done a good half dozen crops trying to meet the feed demands of high lighting. 480w in a 2x4 would reduce yields. 300w would be nice. 350w would be some work. 50% more and they would be doing a lot of repair work instead of growing. You can keep them healthy at that, but they don't perform well without co2 to keep up.

What pump is giving you nearly a Bar? Most crap struggles to reach 8-9psi
        I only had two plants per light. 7 weeks from seed to 12/12. I'm not 100% but I think light burn caused airy buds.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rlbt6xt.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	17803596
        Attached Files

Comment

See any K deficiency? That's commonly linked to airy buds. I don't see anything you could call foxtailing from a refusal to finish. Did they brown off after just a month? That's what I tend to see, followed by some stalling. I read over-feeding at levels only a lab could detect can loose 10% and 1c temperature rises over a growing cycle can loose corn growers quite a lot more. Perhaps what happened is in there somewhere..

It's a long time since I pulled down something like that. IIRC some very early loft grows, meaning very dry and often hot. Using pure hydro where I suspected a lack of organic body was making a showing, but I know my drying was terrible back then. You can really shrink your buds to dry skellingtons in some environments

1/5th HP. 150w is not a huge amount for that pressure. I see people buying huge high volume pumps taking many times more power, but making half the pressure of the respectable high pressure pump they should be using. I will have to look them up. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by DunHav`nFun View Post
            Go look here in Indoor hydro and read the thread on the Gavita 1700e and find out what dude pulled from 4 x 8 tent with 2 Gavita 645`s over each 4 x 4 area.....sshz if I remember his handle , but he`s also got a thread at the Farm documenting 2 grows with the equipment so far.....

He hit well over 3 lbs per each 4 x 4 so it`s worth checking out the thread.....but.....To answer the original question yield in a 2 x 4 is subjective and a roll of the dice at best depending on too many X factors that can affect the bottom line......Strain dependent first and foremost , growth structure as close to single cola as possible to pack as many per sq ft in as possible , and canopy management as well as optimum environmental control start to finish with air exchange twice per minute.....anyways.....Good luck and.....

Peace......DHF..........
            Was reading the thread and magically my name appeared. I'll correct the info.

I have 2 gavita's each above a 4 X 4 area. I'm a 30+ year HPS grower and bought the Gavita's wanting to switch to LED's. My first grow, the LED's yielded 106 oz (2.3 gpw)of Orange Gasm by Irie Seeds. The pic is below. My second grow was Sweet Zombie by Expert Seeds and that yielded 103 oz. I am on my 3rd grow with the LED's and in the 3rd week of flowering and I fully expect again to hit over 100 oz. I used to average around 65 oz with the 2 HPS, now over 100 oz with the LED's.

By my calculations, top growers should be able to get around 25-26 oz in a 2 X 4 area. Canopy management is the key.

Comment

Originally posted by sshz View Post

Was reading the thread and magically my name appeared. I'll correct the info.

I have 2 gavita's each above a 4 X 4 area. I'm a 30+ year HPS grower and bought the Gavita's wanting to switch to LED's. My first grow, the LED's yielded 106 oz (2.3 gpw)of Orange Gasm by Irie Seeds. The pic is below. My second grow was Sweet Zombie by Expert Seeds and that yielded 103 oz. I am on my 3rd grow with the LED's and in the 3rd week of flowering and I fully expect again to hit over 100 oz. I used to average around 65 oz with the 2 HPS, now over 100 oz with the LED's.

By my calculations, top growers should be able to get around 25-26 oz in a 2 X 4 area. Canopy management is the key.

Teach me master !!!!

Comment

Your first post....congrats.

Do a google search for "sshz and Orange Gasm" and read my thread from last year that has over 41,000 views at this point. It lays it all out, my first venture with LED's. The thread is still getting 1000 views a month, and no one is even posting in it anymore.

It will be the first link on the top of the google page.

Comment

A 2x4 of Gg4 that was 1.87 pounds easy as can be
                  sigpicLife should not be a journey to the grave with intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WoW What A Wild Ride" - Hunter S Thompson

GIRL'S GOT SKILLS come check out the thread everyone Strains = Gorilla Bubble 6, Gorilla Berry Diesel, Train Wreck this run.....
                  ( https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336244 )

i could clock in for very little per hour and turn into a zombie ...no thanks, since i've already been branded BAD by society i'll stick to what i do... QUOTE... STAR CRASH....

Comment

Originally posted by Aspenou812 View Post
                    A 2x4 of Gg4 that was 1.87 pounds easy as can be
                    Which light did you use?

Comment

630w CMH but I do the same or better under my led lights
                      sigpicLife should not be a journey to the grave with intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WoW What A Wild Ride" - Hunter S Thompson

GIRL'S GOT SKILLS come check out the thread everyone Strains = Gorilla Bubble 6, Gorilla Berry Diesel, Train Wreck this run.....
                      ( https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336244 )

i could clock in for very little per hour and turn into a zombie ...no thanks, since i've already been branded BAD by society i'll stick to what i do... QUOTE... STAR CRASH....

Comment

Comment

13 days to go..........

Name:	IMG_2561.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	17834306

Comment

Name:	IMG_2573.jpg
Views:	111