What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ppk setup help

FCDobbs

Ok so I know this system has been explained many times. Most existing threads are fragmented and missing some if not all pics on the very basics. I hope this thread can make it easier for new people to learn about this great method from DELTA9NXS.

I have looked at all of the threads I can find. I still have unanswered questions. While I lack writing or organization skills I will do my best to include everything I can scrounge so as to re document in one place everything DELTA9NXS has given us.

I have always been a lurker on this site and have not grown in some time. 10 years or so when I first got here I liked the DWC method I found here. Due to the information that was available on this site I was successful the first time.

I feel many of the great resources on IC are disappearing due in part to helpful pictures being removed. My advice to anyone who finds something useful on IC is to download it and archive it themselves.

FCDobbs

Ok all I have this thing built I just put a Ace Malawi Gold into prococo.

I am running 900ppm on a .5 conversion
ph around 5.8
a 7 gal tuff tub sitting on 20 gal of nutes
a 5 gal pump bucket with a float valve to a 20 gal trash bucket
I am running an airstone in the pump bucket. This is my own thing it is not necessary.
I am running the pump 30 sec (about 1/2 gal) every 90 min.
I am using a 1000w vivosun mh grow lamp 14hr on.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cant figure out how to rotate my photos. [/FONT]

hyposomniac

Edit the photo before uploading seems to work, even a slight crop. Good luck, I wanted to try a ppk once, but the lack of photos made it seem overly complicated

FCDobbs

Edit the photo before uploading seems to work, even a slight crop. Good luck, I wanted to try a ppk once, but the lack of photos made it seem overly complicated

The thing is they are all upright before I upload them. IC mag rotates them all to landscape. I can post more photos and explain a bit if anyone cares. Most if not all of Delta9's early explanations and photos are long gone. I think I have all the mechanics correct. As to whether I can make it work remains to be seen. Right now I am getting concerned as the plant is looking a little yellow to me. Not sure if the light is too strong, too close, or just shitty or what. Light is around 36" above canopy. DWC was so much easier for me, however it needed constant involvement.

Oysters

Nice set up and plant. Did a prococo ppk grow after D9's post about using it. Just harvested...came out fine. Easier to work with than turface for sure. Like your halo.

FCDobbs

Nice set up and plant. Did a prococo ppk grow after D9's post about using it. Just harvested...came out fine. Easier to work with than turface for sure. Like your halo.

Thx Oysters
I may change out the light and see if the 400 cmh i have laying around will get rid of the yellow on the plant.

tilopa

Ok all I have this thing built I just put a Ace Malawi Gold into prococo.

I am running 900ppm on a .5 conversion
ph around 5.8
a 7 gal tuff tub sitting on 20 gal of nutes
a 5 gal pump bucket with a float valve to a 20 gal trash bucket
I am running an airstone in the pump bucket. This is my own thing it is not necessary.
I am running the pump 30 sec (about 1/2 gal) every 90 min.
I am using a 1000w vivosun mh grow lamp 14hr on.

I tried the prococo but I'm having issues.

At 900 ppm my plants are looking over nuted/ over watered. leaves curling in and down. 900 ppm seems very high for small plants, no?

I did what D9 said and broke the prococo up with 2000 ppm water and 5.2 ph.

How did you process your prococo? I'm using Jacks BTW.

Gry

Running into the same here, just not taking off the same way they did. Used to dealing with the old floor dry. With that substrate, clones would stall and hang for a day or so, and then take off.
They are not taking off, nor are they looking happy.
Have to buy another kit, to check the PH with. Been a long time since I have needed to look at such things. One of the many advantages of running a PPK.

FCDobbs

Hey Guys,
I prepped the prococo the way D9 recommended. using jacks at 900. These from this morning. I am watering 1/2 gal every 60min.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][/FONT]

FCDobbs

good morning,

Just a quick photo update. She does appear to be "greening up which is good news for me.

aa
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

alpo

I am just interested in canopy penetration. I have a 400cmh but wanted to try this. There is no way to justify it.....

awesome, if I did that I would have to hold myself to the standard 2lbs / 1 gpw or I wasted space. I'm interested in what / how you do.

FCDobbs

awesome, if I did that I would have to hold myself to the standard 2lbs / 1 gpw or I wasted space. I'm interested in what / how you do.

Luckily I have no standards.......Happy New Years all. A quick New Year photo update.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]

FCDobbs

hey all,
hope the new year is treating everyone well. She seems to be doing well. I think I should maybe start doing some trimming soon. Any advice would be great.

Oysters

FCD, looks like you're doing fine. When I used prococo it was soaked in only 600 ppm (Jacks), then rinsed with straight r/o. Feed strength was gradually increased over 3 weeks to 600 which is where I pretty much stay. One quart per hour in a 3-1/2 gallon pot. I grow from seed not clone so big difference there.

You've figured out you were over-nuted early on and either you corrected it or the plants grew enough to handle it. Did you change your light or increase its distance from the plant? I'll bet that when D9 says he puts "well rooted clones" into the prococo at the ppm levels he mentioned, those clones are probabably the most vigorous clones anyone has ever seen and are happy with his high feed concentrations and high lighting levels.

Intend to use prococo again for my next grow. Liked it a lot.

On a side note, I think I prefer the hammer to the wrench for holding down the halo. Best of luck.