What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gavita 1700e users??

sshz

The Gavita's are recommended for a 5 x 5 sq. ft. area, I have them in a 4 x 4 sq. ft area so light is intense in there. Now I also added 95% reflective plastic on the walls, which only increases the light around the room.

You don't want to play with these lights, i.e. take them apart since it voids the 5 year warranty. At $1300, no reason to take a risk. There are other similar lights that bend in the middle which might make more sense for you. But there are screws and you could probably dismantle them quite easily.

sshz

The entire grow, start to finish, is on THC- farmer........currently 32,000 views. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it loser. Lol. Instead of doubting, take the time to read the thread and look at the pics and videos and then decide 1) if I work for Gavita and 2) if I’m full of shit. Then you can comment, but not before because you're just showing your ignorance.

By the way, I’m the first in line to criticize the $1300 price tag...... otherwise, a great LED.

Last edited:

DunHav`nFun

And folks wonder why there are very few knowledgeable and experienced growers/commercial croppers round here any more......Sorry for the disrespect SSHZ , this place has turned into a shadow of it`s former self from yrs gone past where most every thread TAUGHT FOLKS and they listened instead of trollin and callin bullshit when folks max out their setups from once again and due to......knowledge and experience.....

Peace......DHF.....:ying:......

sshz

Remember, I have the other side of the room that looks exactly the same......watering is a bitch, no doubt. I hand water everything. The first 2 rows from the center aren’t bad, the back row on each side is a challenge. I just push branches out of the way to get to the pots, not ideal but it works. I water every other day right now and NEVER look forward to it.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Remember, I have the other side of the room that looks exactly the same......watering is a bitch, no doubt. I hand water everything. The first 2 rows from the center aren’t bad, the back row on each side is a challenge. I just push branches out of the way to get to the pots, not ideal but it works. I water every other day right now and NEVER look forward to it.

I’m hand waterer myself I feel your pain:D

sshz

I use r.o. water so I need to bump up my Cal/Mag anyway to about 10ml per gallon......... so no deficiencies under LED or HPS normally. I have never used Gavita Grower Advice nor do I know what that even is.

alpo

What kinda heat are the Gavita LEDs generating?
My 480w LED from another company raises a temperature of 10 degrees -not sure if this is normal or excessive.

sshz

You know, I switched to LED's to lower my room heat in the summers and I've come to find out you need to run the LED room warmer for optimum growth. I have 2 Gavita's in my room which is 4 1/2 X 12 sq. ft. and without any exhaust, it runs at about 85-87 degrees in the summer and maybe 84-85 degrees in the winter. I run my exhaust 24/7 and want the room temps at 81-82 degrees ideally. The Gavita's are 645 watts each, so 1290 watts total in the room.

The Gavita's use a passive design to disperse the heat (no heat sinks) while most others use the heat sinks.....

sshz

Well the growroom is currently running at 35%......... and I'll start chopping on Monday. I dry everything in the basement which stays nearly perfect since the HVAC system is running about 5 ft away, but I would think 45% is about the best I can hope for. I'd rather have dried buds than moldy buds so it's all good.

sshz

I thought I'd come back with some comments as my second Gavita grow is now done and my 3rd grow is underway. Again, do a google search for "sshz and gavita" and both grows will show up, start to finish. Pic's and videos are included in each grow thread.

My 1st grow with Orange gasm yielded 106 oz. My second grow with Sweet Zombie yielded 103.2 oz. So, I'm averaging over 50 oz per LED (per each side of the room). I'm more than convinced that short plants, with a thick and even canopy is key to maximizing the room yield. Strategic defoliation is also necessary, to make sure the light can reach deep thru the canopy to the lower parts of the plants. Maintaining a temperature range of 81-82 degrees with good air flow is also required. co2 is not necessary to obtain high yields, even though it could improve yield and allow the plants to withstand a higher room temps.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I thought I'd come back with some comments as my second Gavita grow is now done and my 3rd grow is underway. Again, do a google search for "sshz and gavita" and both grows will show up, start to finish. Pic's and videos are included in each grow thread.

My 1st grow with Orange gasm yielded 106 oz. My second grow with Sweet Zombie yielded 103.2 oz. So, I'm averaging over 50 oz per LED (per each side of the room). I'm more than convinced that short plants, with a thick and even canopy is key to maximizing the room yield. Strategic defoliation is also necessary, to make sure the light can reach deep thru the canopy to the lower parts of the plants. Maintaining a temperature range of 81-82 degrees with good air flow is also required. co2 is not necessary to obtain high yields, even though it could improve yield and allow the plants to withstand a higher room temps.

That 12/22 pic was amazing in the even heights, despite the skinny leaves and different strains. I am gonna have to go back and see how you do this, cause I am planning a 4 plant individual scrog 9" up from the soil, that will stretch into a full tent scrog net up higher (maybe), to get those kind of even tops.

Great work!

I am right behind you with a 680W bar LED, but in a 4 x 4 tent, that will have good ventilation from an air conditioned lung room, to the outside. It looks like those bar LED lights are cooler in a room/tent than a board style, or maybe the vertical airflow is better..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts