What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gavita 1700e users??

sshz

420giveaway
To be clear, it's all the same strain in that picture and in the room.........the room maintains negative pressure, so fresh air is pulled in all the time. It helps that plants under LED need it warmer, so I run at 82 degrees until late in flowering. Search out the thread, I detail my method of keeping them short and I think you'll be surprised.

RockinRobot

I thought LED's operate cooler or, no?

LED are NOT actually cooler

Watts are Watts

An LED pulling 600W puts off exactly the same amount of heat as a 600W HPS or MH. Difference is 600W of LED will give off more light. so your 600W LED will be equivalent to running a 1000w HPS with the heat of a 600W.

sshz

420giveaway
They probably run about 40% cooler, as they do a better job converting the electricity to power the lights. But the rooms need to run warmer. Around 78 degrees is tops for a hps room, while led’s do better around 80-82 degrees. It’s all about leaf temperature to achieve maximized growth.

Last edited:

alpo

Where are yall mounting the e-series adapter to where you can raise and lower the Gavita light?

sshz

420giveaway
I have 2 Gavita's and traded for a Master Controller and 2 adapters. But I never installed them. They are more for larger rooms with more LED's and I think for just 1-2 lights, it's a waste of money. What can be accomplished with the dimming function can be equally accomplished by just raising and lowering the LED's. I just don't see the value and have them listed on Ebay for sale.

But to answer your question- you can set them on top of the lights sitting on the main metal piece hiding the drivers. Or attach them close by on a wall at equal height to the LED. Actually, I was going to hang mine from the ceiling between the LED and the wall so I could raise and lower it as needed.

Botton line though, a waste of money unless you have a bunch of the LED's and don't want to be raising and lowering LED's every week.

alpo

If I have one ChilLED Growcraft X6 600w (1647 µmoles) and I need one more light, Should I get another Growcraft X6 or buy one Gavita 1700e and then have the option to later buy another Gavita if noticeably better?
The Growcraft is a little cheaper when you add the adapter for the Gavita and the Growcraft has remote drivers

Storm Shadow

Veteran
I have 2 Gavita's and traded for a Master Controller and 2 adapters. But I never installed them. They are more for larger rooms with more LED's and I think for just 1-2 lights, it's a waste of money. What can be accomplished with the dimming function can be equally accomplished by just raising and lowering the LED's. I just don't see the value and have them listed on Ebay for sale.

But to answer your question- you can set them on top of the lights sitting on the main metal piece hiding the drivers. Or attach them close by on a wall at equal height to the LED. Actually, I was going to hang mine from the ceiling between the LED and the wall so I could raise and lower it as needed.

Botton line though, a waste of money unless you have a bunch of the LED's and don't want to be raising and lowering LED's every week.

Can you use the Gavita Light Controller for just dimming and leave the Timer function off? I already have my lights hard wired into Intermatic mechanical timers.... My Gavita Slims need the controller for dimming...theres no dial or nob to change the light output

sshz

420giveaway
If I have one ChilLED Growcraft X6 600w (1647 µmoles) and I need one more light, Should I get another Growcraft X6 or buy one Gavita 1700e and then have the option to later buy another Gavita if noticeably better?
The Growcraft is a little cheaper when you add the adapter for the Gavita and the Growcraft has remote drivers

Things are happening quick in the LED market. It seems every 3 months someone is coming out with a new one, better and improved (supposedly). Check out this Youtube video......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43pYyXScn6w&t=93s

I'm a big gavita guy, I'd hate to influence your choice. You have to weigh price vs performance. I'm seeing some new LED's up in the $1700 price range, I paid $1300 for my gavita's. Also, make sure you look for some independant testing on the LED's you choose- most of the manufacturers overstate their performance and just a couple hit their stated numbers (and I mean like 1 or 2).

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
That is a good video. When he got to the ROI e720, which he calls the best light, he glossed over the e680 (he calls best selling). The e680 is about as close to a 1700 as you can get. They call it 3000k white, while some on the video had 4000k white.

I have 2, and their 2 channel controller. These will be in side x side, 4 x 4 tents. The lights are $800 (Growers House) and the controller $300 (Bees lighting). I did a quick test and posted it in the LED light section.

sshz

420giveaway
Just back into the thread for an update.............Under 2 gavita's, first crop yielded 106 oz of Orange Gasm, 2nd crop I yielded 103 oz of Sweet Zombie. I'm currently in my 3rd LED grow, this time it's Candy Store by Ethos genetics and I'm 2 weeks into flowering. I'm convinced now the key to LED growing is canopy management- getting as many tops as possible across an even canopy. Both my previous threads now have over 40,000 views over at T H C Farmer, and my 3rd diary is on it's way too.

Just as a comparison, I used to average around 65 oz under 2 HPS's, now it's almost 104+ oz, while using less electricity. If you haven't made the switch yet, now is the time. They will pay for themselves in just 1 grow, and it's gravy from then onward.

alpo

Just back into the thread for an update.............Under 2 gavita's, first crop yielded 106 oz of Orange Gasm, 2nd crop I yielded 103 oz of Sweet Zombie. I'm currently in my 3rd LED grow, this time it's Candy Store by Ethos genetics and I'm 2 weeks into flowering. I'm convinced now the key to LED growing is canopy management- getting as many tops as possible across an even canopy. Both my previous threads now have over 40,000 views over at T H C Farmer, and my 3rd diary is on it's way too.

Just as a comparison, I used to average around 65 oz under 2 HPS's, now it's almost 104+ oz, while using less electricity. If you haven't made the switch yet, now is the time. They will pay for themselves in just 1 grow, and it's gravy from then onward.

What size is your grow space?

sshz

420giveaway
IMG_2573.jpg

sshz

420giveaway
I believe “Anthem” has both, and he like the Fluence more........ his beef though, is with the master controller and adapters with the gavita. He used to post at thc farm, and now he’s at phenohunter.org. Message him and tell him I sent you, he will help you out. Look at the Diablo led (name, not manufacturer), maybe the best one out there right now. Me, I’d buy the Gavita again in a heartbeat. The light spread is hard to beat, they’ve come down in price, the build quality is second to none, and my results are top shelf.

check out some of my pictures at phenohunter, my new home base.