No announcement yet.

Gavita 1700e users??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Dun......yup, getting closer now- about 12 days to harvesting 90% of the room. A few of the Golden Goat leaners are behind and it will be another week after that for them to finish. Overall, I like the lights so far but final yield will determine how I proceed with my future crops.

Comment

Originally posted by sshz View Post
      Thanks Dun......yup, getting closer now- about 12 days to harvesting 90% of the room. A few of the Golden Goat leaners are behind and it will be another week after that for them to finish. Overall, I like the lights so far but final yield will determine how I proceed with my future crops.
      Can the LED bars of the 1700e gavita be removed?

Comment

I did want to come back and make mention I yielded 6 lbs and 5 oz off the grow........ a whopping 2.3 GPW. Probably my best grow ever. I got close to doubling my average yield under HPS in the same area.

No, the bars on the LED are permanent.

Getting near the end of my second grow with the lights now. I love them, I'd buy them again in a heartbeat. They easily paid for themselves in just the first grow.

Comment

I did want to come back and make mention I yielded 6 lbs and 5 oz off the grow........ a whopping 2.3 GPW. Probably my best grow ever. I got close to doubling my average yield under HPS in the same area.

No, the bars on the LED are permanent.

Getting near the end of my second grow with the lights now. I love them, I'd buy them again in a heartbeat. They easily paid for themselves in just the first grow.
          So it is not possible to remove the leds? Are there no screws? I cultivate in an under roof where the opening is narrow and would not fit! I would need to disassemble an LED bar and then reassemble if possible

Comment

Originally posted by DOTTOR View Post
            So it is not possible to remove the leds? Are there no screws? I cultivate in an under roof where the opening is narrow and would not fit! I would need to disassemble an LED bar and then reassemble if possible
            There are many DIY kits available for you to put together whatever width and length of diodes /wattage you need for said area.....There`s a website for heatsinks alone by themselves.....Samsung 301 chips/diodes units are easy to assemble to heatsinks and secure to aluminum strut material for the fixture right for your area......drivers can be mounted remotely or on top of the heatsinks from what I see , so for the cash these Gavita`s cost you can configure and design 1 helluva fixture with a few connectors and the right equipment for far far less invested , but that`s just me....now......

SSHZ......Respect......That`s a haul even a mother can love.....lol......now.....The science of repeatability applies in that can each run yield the same numbers with the same strain done the same way in the same amount of time consistently run in and run out ?.....

As short as those plants were , I see only room for the numbers to go up in the future with other dialed strains , but I`ve not observed anyone pullin these numbers but you Bro , so you`re doin somethin right.....I do believe the way yours are built that covers all but the full footprint of the canopy is the way to go obviously per your returns , but my tight old ass has yet to bite the bullet and swap over from HPS till my bulbs are all gone from retirement due to only runnin a headies closet area........regardless.....

SSHZ .....You da man......

Peace.....DHF............
            Knowledge is power.....Adapt or perish....

Comment

The Gavita's are recommended for a 5 x 5 sq. ft. area, I have them in a 4 x 4 sq. ft area so light is intense in there. Now I also added 95% reflective plastic on the walls, which only increases the light around the room.

You don't want to play with these lights, i.e. take them apart since it voids the 5 year warranty. At $1300, no reason to take a risk. There are other similar lights that bend in the middle which might make more sense for you. But there are screws and you could probably dismantle them quite easily.

Comment

sshz comes across like a gavita salesman

2.3 gpw lol

Comment

The entire grow, start to finish, is on THC- farmer........currently 32,000 views. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it loser. Lol. Instead of doubting, take the time to read the thread and look at the pics and videos and then decide 1) if I work for Gavita and 2) if I’m full of shit. Then you can comment, but not before because you're just showing your ignorance.

By the way, I’m the first in line to criticize the $1300 price tag...... otherwise, a great LED.
                  Last edited by sshz; 12-18-2020, 04:01.

Comment

And folks wonder why there are very few knowledgeable and experienced growers/commercial croppers round here any more......Sorry for the disrespect SSHZ , this place has turned into a shadow of it`s former self from yrs gone past where most every thread TAUGHT FOLKS and they listened instead of trollin and callin bullshit when folks max out their setups from once again and due to......knowledge and experience.....

Peace......DHF...........
                    Knowledge is power.....Adapt or perish....

Comment

sshz ... thank you for sharing with us your work/knowledge bro
                      Hall Of Fame

Comment

Day 54, 1/2 the room. Another 2 weeks to go or thereabouts.

Comment

Great grow man.
                          Originally posted by AVOH
                          open mind leaves room for growth
                          Originally posted by slownickel
                          Guy, I have been testing coco for years, right out of the bag. It's all salty.

Suggest you drop the blind faith and use a bit of science.
                          Originally posted by Bud Green
                          For almost 50 years I've smoked weed to enhance reality, not to escape from it...
                          Originally posted by Ibechillin
                          Diffused light > Spectrum.
                          Science Of Lighting & Plant Reactions (Sticky Thread):

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358147

Drying and Cure Process Explained In Depth (Sticky Thread):

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358186

Pot Size, Root system and maximizing growth thread:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=344347

Silicon, The Misunderstood Element:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352413

Humic and Fulvic acid information:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352265

sigpic

Comment

Day 54, 1/2 the room. Another 2 weeks to go or thereabouts.

View Image
                            Looks completely packed , how do you handle the watering / feeding?...

Comment

Remember, I have the other side of the room that looks exactly the same......watering is a bitch, no doubt. I hand water everything. The first 2 rows from the center aren’t bad, the back row on each side is a challenge. I just push branches out of the way to get to the pots, not ideal but it works. I water every other day right now and NEVER look forward to it.

Comment

Remember, I have the other side of the room that looks exactly the same......watering is a bitch, no doubt. I hand water everything. The first 2 rows from the center aren’t bad, the back row on each side is a challenge. I just push branches out of the way to get to the pots, not ideal but it works. I water every other day right now and NEVER look forward to it.
                                I’m hand waterer myself I feel your pain

Comment

Working...
                                X