What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GIRL's GOT SKILLS

Aspenou812

Veteran
So one question I get a lot is how do I manage drainage... and it’s so easy if you look to the marine world... these are flow right controls swivel quick disconnect drain fittings they are water tight and they have o rings and lock and unlock easily... and the best part is you can buy several of these for the cost of a single piece of shit ($20 dollars worth of hydroponic drain fittings) these cost like 5 bucks each and are by far superior in every way... so that’s how I do a sealed flexible passive drain system

Aspenou812

Veteran
Now that I have the drainage all set up and working properly on half the room I did some work building a shelf for all the 6 gallon containers of Cutting Edge Solution making the job of mixing up 55 gallons of my base nutrients real quick and simple... I also redid the airline plumbing and replaced an air stone that would make my ph swing up quickly... good day it’s all coming together again

Aspenou812

Veteran
Wow gonna be getting in a tone of clones... All Breeders Cuts All Fire... I’ve wanted to grow some Relentless Beans for a couple of years now I’ll get to grow at least one of there Breeder cuts... All kinds of great stuff I’m so excited because I’ll have a Full selection to grow from again... Loosing my moms to root rot was hard on me...

Aspenou812

Veteran

I’m starting to hit that 10 inch mark where I start topping and training plants... I’ve already Employed topping and the Fim technique to force growth hormones out to the plants branches... Getting to the point where I have to really work the plants everyday to keep up... I’m loving that.. Just the work it’s simple and it brings me a lot of peace doing what I love to do and seeing the plants responding... Starting to Spoon Feed too already so this is getting real real fast... I’ll be bumping the co2 in the room to 1200 ppm next week and they will really take off...

Aspenou812

Veteran
Every day I get closer and closer to flipping this SIXTEEN POUND MONSTER... And believe me I’m looking hard for those numbers I’ve got a lot of grower love to catch up sending out... Fl brothers in trouble and Friends to catch up with... Hope is a Beautiful thing... Most people would have already given up but y’all know I just can’t do that... I’m fighting like hell to stay afloat 2021 can’t roll in fast enough until then I’ll be busy and hopeful while flexing all this GROWER MUSCLE I’ve built up over the last 7 years....

Aspenou812

Veteran
I’m GOING TO WAR... THE BORG HAVE INVADED I have spider mites... tonight everything in the garden living is getting the first treatment of Nukem by flying skull spraying the undersides of the plants and the tops and soil... if they don’t improve Quickly I’ll break out the big guns my bottles of Forbid and Abamectin 0.15ec and the Fogger one of those two will end the problems... I won’t loose a single plant to these fuckers... and I don’t have to look out for the man so I can get downright nasty with them in Veg... I’ll also be spraying an alcohol water mixture mixed at a 3 to 1 ratio...

Aspenou812

Veteran
I ended up mixing up 2 gallons of Nukem by Flying skull I used a 2x4 shelf system I’ve used in the past to grow and clone in... It’s empty has no shelving and is wrapped in panda plastic so I used it like a spray hood to contain the mess... I sat an extra tray to the side and sprayed it with SNS 244 then I took the Nukem and sprayed the tray... I took the plants one at a time and sprayed the underneath of the leaves the surface of the coco and outside2 inches of the pot and then sprayed the tops... then I took them put them in the treated trays and repeated until all 4 trays and all about 42 plants were covered top bottom and all over I had the lights off in the room the grow lights and I had the fans and AC turned off... I was also treating some kind of fungus like tiny bright orange yellow mushrooms in 6 of the pots I physically removed all the spots and the coco around them... About Four hours earlier I treated all those pots with the SNS 244 hopefully killing it off... then removed all traces I could see and sprayed the coco down with the SNS 244 busy day... then I cleaned up removing all the infested foliage I cut off and and the coco fungus stuff outside to the fire pit!!! Then I sprayed along the walls and trays on the floor all around the trays... I will not loose a single plant to these fuckers... I’ll repeat this process in a few days spraying the Alcohol mixture at one part to three parts Ro Water like a fend every time I walk into the room... Fucking Bugs!!!

Aspenou812

Veteran
Oh also I fed the plants straight Ro water about 45 gallons of it... why? Because I’m spraying the surface of the coco twice in some cases... once with Nukem once with sns242 for the fungus.. I did spray first but before I hit the lights I flushed with ro because it shuts off the leaves and stems from trying to absorb moisture from the air.. they do that when they are thirsty.... Ro is easily taken up by the plants and more rapidly hydrate the foliage... lol Some of that Grower Muscle... Did it simply because I didn’t want the leaves sucking in the Nukem that’s why.... and it works... I did have a 55 gallon reservoir pre mixed and waiting... I let them flush and drain for two hours then I fed them let them drain for an hour and turned the lights back on knowing the plants were dry with no surface moisture on the plants surface...

Aspenou812

Veteran
Oh yeah this works in reverse too when you want to foliar feed don’t water for a while wait till they droop slightly then hit them and wait till the plants are dry then feed and hit the lights... the lights drive the plants uptake in a big way

when foliar feeding and treating for bugs take your time soak the fucking things and then let them dry mostly turn on fans to continue the process and then the lights.. Dry plants are healthy plants... Take your time this whole process took me and two of my girls about 6 hours total with the main lights off...

Aspenou812

Veteran
What a pain in the ass!! These mites are hard to get with a sprayer.. the Nukem is really effective though..

Aspenou812

Veteran
I’m dropping bombs lol... waiting on parts for my foggers... I didn’t clean them up good last time I used them and had to older parts... my foggers are the best way to drop bombs... Everyone is backed up and busy so it sucks because days matter when your fighting the borg... I’m going to wrap all 3 tray tables in panda plastic and fill it about 4 feet deep with fog every 3 days for a couple of weeks... and boosting the co2 should help

Aspenou812

Veteran
I like to treat them for 6 days and change up what I’m using like right now in doing the second treatment of Nukem in 3 days I’ll hit them with something else like Lost Coast Plant Therapy then an insecticide like Avid or Forbid that has a long knock downtime...now that I have an official problem I won’t stop treating plants in veg for a while.. After that it’s simply a matter of preventative maintenance to keep them gone.. I lay waste to them and leave no room for them to escape or survive... As long as I follow my guideline I laid out above and use plant safe materials there shouldn’t be any issues with plant health... Right now everything I have is in the 10.5 x 22.5 flower room making it easy to contain.. I’ll mix up extra and fog all over the shop making sure there are no hiding places they can survive closets cabinets corners and everywhere in between.. I have to do it this way because I have plants all over my shop at times... moving them from one area to the next.. I like Overkill kinda like the rest of my grow