What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GIRL's GOT SKILLS

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah i've used a razor blade & made a V shaped cut , but can't get a U shaped cut for shit . thought maybe that was my problem , but after listening to you guys , i think i take to much off .

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The cupped shape is two fold, 1 to get deep enough into the shoot so that you take the very tip of the stem in the new shoot and 2 so there is enough leaf material around the top of the shoot undamaged to minimize the shock on the plants....I'm no expert by any means Dan you know that... But I do have a good head on my shoulders and a wicked memory for things I have read....😀😀 i think I'll just top them all to keep it simple

i just cut the main stem to leave 4 nodes & let them grow out for a bit , then top all 4 of the branches again as they get big enough . it gives me quite a few mains to work with during veg . eventually the main stem is cut completely off & only the 4 branches are what grows out .

picture.php

Aspenou812

Veteran
Try using your fingernails Dan the the multiple tops are awesome but it can be tricky, and i don't think the cup shape is all that vital, the first one i got to work was a straight cut through the upper third of the ball of leaf material but then again i have beginners luck on my side...

Last edited:

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Yeah my friend would use his fingernail to crush the ball in there but since I have difficulty doing that I just snip in there with my fiskars aiming for the ball.

Go for it Vanilla.

Aspenou812

Veteran
i topped last night after I fed the ladies, clones always look funny after being topped, the whole one branch per node just trips me out..... Fed them .7 EC at 5.8 pH, 1tsp of Epsom Salts, 10 mils of V&H Booster and Maxi to .7 I'll upload pictures in a couple of hours...... They look so good and there getting really healthy in there new home.

N

NewAgeGenetics

GIRL's GOT NO SKILLS

GIRL's GOT NO SKILLS

i just cut the main stem to leave 4 nodes & let them grow out for a bit , then top all 4 of the branches again as they get big enough . it gives me quite a few mains to work with during veg . eventually the main stem is cut completely off & only the 4 branches are what grows out .

View Image

correct!

Grizz

Veteran
just checking in, looks like its all under control, sounds like your next harvest will be sticky, good luck Aspen

Aspenou812

Veteran
topped once

topped once

So i watered and topped them last night...... they look scrawny till they grow out some but there on the right track and doing nicely i think...

So i'm hand watering for now is the pump and hydro halo cheating? lol
it was the fastest way to pump 5 gallons of nutrient solution through the pots. I have the manifold and and irrigation system built and tested im just waiting to go to multi waterings before i do that install....

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
no its not cheating lol
& you can set up the drip system as soon as they can be fed daily . i set mine up almost imediatly after transplanting , but i just turn it on manually when they need to be fed .

picture.php

Aspenou812

Veteran
600w

600w

So i started my light out at 5 feet above the canopy and moved it down a few inches each day looking for heat and light stress in the plants on an individual basis . As you can see i have bottomed the light out now, that Brass sinker is only 3 feet from the arc tube of the light. 36 inches is the recommended distance from the plants so YAY i'm there......

Tomorrow after noon after work i'll move the light up to 750w
and every two days after that i'll increase the output on the light till i hit 1000w :biggrin::)

Aspenou812

Veteran
Everything looks great how much did the system cost?
Clones look very happy

Windy i have spent somewhere right around 3.5k for everything that i currently have not counting Media and Nutes, 2k on the new equipment (Light, fan, filter, mag drive pumps x 2, wall fans x 2 x 12 inch, Titan recirculating timers) and so on, Really it's an investment in my future. Im living every true potheads DREAM! I have a BAD ASS Mentor! some decent equipment and top notch straight up fire genetics to play and learn with! And a bunch of friends here on the MAG helping me and pulling for me. Im just so proud to be a member of this digital comunity

Last edited: