What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GIRL's GOT SKILLS

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I always run veg at 24/7 ...... never had a problem with it . the only time they see dark is if the power goes out lol

Aspenou812

Veteran
Vegging

Vegging

I've read many articles on this topic, for this round y'all we'll see how they do under 24/7 I'll do a side by side in later rounds to see if there is really any difference. I did read that in a study plants do send all there energy to the roots at night and stop all vegitave groth till the lights come back on. At the same time finding that plants under 24/7 only give a portion of there energy to the roots but in the trade off the groth never stops and root development remains at a constant speed, I can't find the articles at the moment... Unfortunately.....But from what my research is showing me it really dosent make much of a difference one was or the other...... Should be an interesting test when I do the side by side in a few rounds, the energy plants under 24/7 used to make roots depends on environment and par given off by the lights. That percentage goes up under good invormental conditions

N

NewAgeGenetics

they grow very fast with 24/0 lighting. with excellent root growth.

Aspenou812

Veteran
they grow very fast with 24/0 lighting. with excellent root growth.

I'm sure they will, I think it's really a preference in growing. The plants will take a few days to bounce back they were in the shipping pods for for a while because I had to finish my room up. There are shoots popping out all over the place today:) and I'm going to FIM them all so they will bush out nicely

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Yeah I guess it's all a matter of the grower's opinion. I do 18/6 but I also like to save on electricity where I can lol.

Aspenou812

Veteran
Yea ill have to do a side by side when i get the time and veg one each way for a comparison all the way through flower. i wish i could find that article i was refering to and post it there was a ton of good information in those three pages......

Aspenou812

Veteran
so 48 hours later we have this....

The pots were a little heavy last night so i didn't water or top them. I will wait to fem them until just after i water them, don't want them to get thirsty during their hair cut...... see the new shoots popping out now? I've also lowered the light to 3 foot 6 inches over the canopy they currently have no signs of heat problems with the Gavita on at 600w, I'll slowly lower the light until it is 36 inches from the tops and gradually increase the lighting power over the next two weeks till i hit 1000k

Lets talk topping techniques..... anyone have any opinions on that topic? I like to FIM, how do yall like to top?

N

NewAgeGenetics

6 gg4, 1 dnt and 1 gb?

you can cut the top of the gg4 clones to make clones from them.

this strain naturally bush out anyways anydays.

Aspenou812

Veteran
i've never gotten FIM to work for me .....
i had a hard time with the FIM untill I read somewhere that you should only leave the last 20% of a shoot on the plant, when the new shoots swell into a ball shape just before the leaves unfold, you pinch or snip the top 5% off of the ball shape and all the leaf material above that and it works take more and you have just topped less and it dosent work at all... I hope this is a good description.... The newly developed leaves sorta ball up at the bottom of the new shoots

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
whats with the cup shaped cut i've read about when fimming ???

picture.php

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Yeah sometimes it doesn't part correctly but I just try to snip the ball in the leaves with scissors the best I can, the dexterity of my hands isn't what it used to be.

Aspenou812

Veteran
whats with the cup shaped cut i've read about when fimming ???

The cupped shape is two fold, 1 to get deep enough into the shoot so that you take the very tip of the stem in the new shoot and 2 so there is enough leaf material around the top of the shoot undamaged to minimize the shock on the plants....I'm no expert by any means Dan you know that... But I do have a good head on my shoulders and a wicked memory for things I have read....😀😀 i think I'll just top them all to keep it simple

Latest posts

Latest posts