What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GIRL's GOT SKILLS

packerfan79

Veteran
got enough tape measures ??? :laughing: plus the beer !

we're gonna need proof your female !!! :thinking:

:biggrin:

You can never have enough tape measures, I lost 3 during my build. I am convinced that they have legs and run off when I need them. Drives me crazy. I am here for the show, show us those skills.

Aspenou812

Veteran
You can never have enough tape measures, I lost 3 during my build. I am convinced that they have legs and run off when I need them. Drives me crazy. I am here for the show, show us those skills.

I know right i have them everywhere...... about 30 good new to almost new tape measures were in my shop when i moved in and a bunch of other tools i have no damn idea how to use...:laughing: YOU TUBE VIDEOS ROCK!!!

Aspenou812

Veteran
Closing I'm on my Kick Off

Closing I'm on my Kick Off

Precharged with Recharge @ .6 ec 5.8 pH 700 ml
Let that soak for an hour or so and then hit them with the charging solution.... Cal mag- 5 mil, Epsom- 1 tsp, VH Booster 10 mill, and Maxi till I hit .7 ec brought the pH up to 5.8 and watered till I had captured 25% runoff . Now they will sit there about 12 hours and I'll pot up

packerfan79

Veteran
speaking of nutes ..... i've got perfect grower PMing me to try & get me to use their line of nutes lol , i graciuosly declined & asked them why i would want to fix something that ain't broke :biggrin:
dialed in .... V&B is the shit !!!

The perfect grower people hit me up to. I don't think they were going to do anything but try to get you to buy there shit. Lol.no thanks.

DunHav`nFun

Happy HO HO to all you Coco Mofo`s from DEDHEDFRED...:deadxmas:....now...this is for all the newbsters passin thru this lil grow-o-rama even
if it IS in hydro section....:moon:.....ok...

Aspen....You `ve spoken so highly of the coco brand you bought being completely "fines" with no "pithy/stringy fibers , and maybe the consistency and quality has improved from back in the day when us old heads began with coco and zero quality control from 1 manufacturer to the next....that said...

The ONLY times we ever observed anaerobic activity in rootzones due to overwatering from multi-feed daily intervals , was with the coffee grounds/mushy/dusty bottom of the barrel shit as we called it cuz it would compact just like dirt , hold water constantly , even in smartpots......and slowed/stopped growth and imminent root rot ensued....and ....

I know the expensive fluffy bagged coco that`s pre charged AND buffered is what all the left coast commercial growers gravitated to and could actually reuse most of each container for a few more runs after rootballs removed....so....

I know coco is still in it`s infancy and FAAAR from being a consistent medium , so until it is all the new folks need to know about the different problems that coco can produce across the board....anyways...

I know Dans said coco needs no perlite , and he`s right....with the right consistency coco that drains well , has optimum porosity to store O2 to roots in between multi-feeds for explosive growth beneath AND above , while keeping the medium "moist" and never too wet....also...

PH stability with GH products....All I ever used was GH3 part and let the shit buffer for a few days with a powerhead pump running 24/7 to keep shit stirred up and held in suspension , and adding my silicablast/potassium silicate and SM-90 before swappin out rez`s brought ph up to around 5.3-5 and would rise gradually to 6.1-2 ish in a week for close to perfect macro and micro nutrient absorption....rinse and repeat on DTW coco...and lastly...

If shit goes wonky , flush with 1/2 strength juice and start over....hopefully they won`t stall for long....so....

Been on the back porch drinkin coffee and hittin bongs while I tend the smoker with a 22 lb wild turkey my son got last season that`s been in a 5 gal bucket full of Cajun brine for almost a week so his bearded Gobbler ass will tender up and be juicyyyyyy...Yummm...20 lb ham is next to it ,but that hawg was onsite till she had buncha babies and we needed meat in the freezer...ok....Wake and bake over....Ya`ll come....and...again...

Happy holidays to all and stay safe....

Peace....DHF....:ying:....

Last edited:

Aspenou812

Veteran
Happy HO HO to all you Coco Mofo`s from DEDHEDFRED.....:deadxmas:....now.....this is for all the newbsters passin thru this lil grow-o-rama even
if it IS in hydro section....:moon:.....ok...

Aspen....You `ve spoken so highly of the coco brand you bought being completely "fines" with no "pithy/stringy fibers , and maybe the consistency and quality has improved from back in the day when us old heads began with coco and zero quality control from 1 manufacturer to the next....that said...

The ONLY times we ever observed anaerobic activity in rootzones due to overwatering from multi-feed daily intervals , was with the coffee grounds/mushy/dusty bottom of the barrel shit as we called it cuz it would compact just like dirt , hold water constantly , even in smartpots......and slowed/stopped growth and imminent root rot ensued....and ....

I know the expensive fluffy bagged coco that`s pre charged AND buffered is what all the left coast commercial growers gravitated to and could actually reuse most of each container for a few more runs after rootballs removed....so....

I know coco is still in it`s infancy and FAAAR rom being a consistent medium , so until it is all the new folks need to know about the different problems that coco can produce across the board....anyways...

I know Dans said coco needs no perlite , and he`s right....with the right consistency coco that drains well , has optimum porosity to store O2 to roots in between multi-feeds for explosive growth beneath AND above , while keeping the medium "moist" and never too wet....also...

PH stability with GH products....All I ever used was GH3 part and let the shit buffer for a few days with a powerhead pump running 24/7 to keep shit stirred up and held in suspension , and adding my silicablast/potassium silicate and SM-90 before swappin out rez`s brought ph up to around 5.3-5 and would rise gradually to 6.1-2 ish in a week for close to perfect macro and micro nutrient absorption....rinse and repeat on DTW coco...and lastly...

If shit goes wonky , flush with 1/2 strength juice and start over....hopefully they won`t stall for long....so....

Been on the back porch drinkin coffee and hittin bongs while I tend the smoker with a 22 lb wild turkey my son got last season that`s been in a 5 gal bucket full of Cajun brine for almost a week so his bearded Gobbler ass will tender up and be juicyyyyyy...Yummm...20 lb ham is next to it ,but that hawg was onsite till she had buncha babies and we needed meat in the freezer...ok....Wake and bake over....and...again...

Happy holidays to all and stay safe....

Peace....DHF....:ying:....

Great post DHF.... you're right. The cocoa industry has had its ups and downs as far as quality goes across many different manufacturers. finding quality coco has at times been a challenge. I've found trash, knots of tangled coconut pith that escaped the chopping blades and once mold in a bag of what was suppose to be high quality coco. normally as long as the coco has been washed properly before being bagged you're good to go. If there are any questions as to the quality you have to precharge the coco like i have making sure that you have the runoff to wash out any salts that may have been left in the coco by the manufacturer. after that there's not much that a good flush won't take care of. Probably one of the biggest mistakes people make is not letting the root system develop properly. Early on you have to go through wet to very nearly dry cycles to get the roots searching for the nutes so they expand in the pots properly without letting the coco go completely dry. after that your golden..... Enjoy that Turkey...:tiphat:

Aspenou812

Veteran
I have to get back in my room if i'm going to Kick off my grow today....... still have a few things to finish before i pot the babies up......

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i dunno anything about the brand your using Aspen , but if you say it looks good to go then i believe you . i've been a canna bagged user for a long time till i got a couple bag bags . it wreaked havok in my rooms untill i figured out the problem . i switched to the canna coco blocks & have had great results with them . i just hydrate with my low dose nutes & calmag & they're ready to go ! its actually made my life alot simpler & alot less problems with transplants .

Last edited:

Wendull C.

Veteran
I never used blocks before, but I like the new canna blocks alot. The run off was no different than the bagged canna for me. Really easy to hydrate too.

Aspenou812

Veteran

A major step forward for me... getting this in the air was a big job for me .......

Testing Testing is anyone out there..... 123.... testing...

Thats one Gavita 1000 DE PRO, one Hyperfan and Presh Filter 8 inch combo 710 cfm of air movement...... done lol finally.....

Last edited:

indalo

i dunno anything about the brand your using Aspen , but if you say it looks good to go then i believe you . i've been a canna bagged user for a long time till i got a couple bag bags . it wreaked havok in my rooms untill i figured out the problem . i switched to the canna coco blocks & have had great results with them . i just hydrate with my low dose nutes & calmag & they're ready to go ! its actually made my life alot simpler & alot less problems with transplants .

Funny you should mention this Dan. I also use canna pro + and 2 runs ago I did a slur test and it came out @ 60 ppm ( 0.5 scale )This run it came out @ 100 ppm . You would think they kept the same ppm in ALL batches of their coco , but not so . Worth checking before start , so we know where we are .

Latest posts

Latest posts