What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GIRL's GOT SKILLS

Aspenou812

Veteran
No real updates today not much to show! Ill have my room finished and my grow started tomorrow and load a bunch of pictures up. I think yall will like my simple little set up........

Aspenou812

Veteran
Busy day today.... lots going on it the new room, i will be vegging by the time my head hits the pillow tonight..........

Aspenou812

Veteran
Ok its time to educate me guys..... Why is it that coco produces 3 ounces of bud per gallon of media and promix only has a one ounce of bud per gallon of media track record? the bigger pots are in route now but i would like to find the answer to that question. in a fully hydroponic drip to waste system with multi feeds daily, is it drainage, water retention, aeration in the root zone, is it a media structure type of thing? Ive been looking but can't find out the answer to that question.........

Ok its time to educate me guys..... Why is it that coco produces 3 ounces of bud per gallon of media and promix only has a one ounce of bud per gallon of media track record? the bigger pots are in route now but i would like to find the answer to that question. in a fully hydroponic drip to waste system with multi feeds daily, is it drainage, water retention, aeration in the root zone, is it a media structure type of thing? Ive been looking but can't find out the answer to that question.........

If the environments are equal, chances are the nutrient profile you are using is better suited for Coco over Promix.

Promix requires less Iron (2x less) than Coco. Promix also requires less Calcium and slightly more Potassium.

This is of course generally speaking. Genetics play a role in nutrient absorption and feeding requirements as well.

DunHav`nFun

Rule of thumb has always been 1 oz per gal in dirt.... Not so sure that promix used as an airier mix as long as not compacted qualifies as "dirt/soil grown" cuz I`ve seen some decent pulls although nowhere close to what a dialed coco setup can produce....and....

Coco done right , has no limits to yield from any size container since a well respected member and moderator here HGO produced 8 oz Chem D plants using 1.6 gal containers in the UK feeding multiple times per day in short increments like the PPK uses....anyways....

Welcome ......Dans is the man for coco dialage round these parts , and you and your yields won`t be happy till you take the plunge cuz it`s obvious you`re after production as well as quality....regardless....

Good luck and keep up the hard work....fortune favors the prepared mind....

Peace....DHF....:ying:.....

superx

Veteran
Good luck Aspen, coco is the dogs bollox....

Surprised more people on the forum have not switched to it...

Not sure on your conversion in regards to volume of coco/pot size to final weight..

I estimate half oz (14grams for every litre of coco used) working with clones, and also having a dialled in environment.Maybe your figures were similar i did not add them up...

All the best and hope you pull a bountiful harvest.....

Aspenou812

Veteran
So I gave just left the hydro store in Tallahassee, two bags of Coco by Cyco and two small bags of perlight going back to Coco. I'll have them transplanted as soon as I get back home..... I suppose I can mix the V\B Dirty and use it outside in the spring I just can't half ass this project and expect the results I'm looking for....... Thanks for convincing me.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran

you answered your own question Aspen . lol
its all of those things you mentioned .

i could write a book to you explaining coco & how it works but it would take to long & all the info is here in the coco section . you have a basic idea because you've grown in coco before , you know its little quirks that are needed to grow in it & get good crops . if theres something you get stuck on or don't remember .... we're all here for you .

i see from further reading your doing coco instead of promix .... :tiphat:

superx

Veteran
I find perlite a complete waste of time when used in conjunction with coco...

Coco is a very aerated medium when used solo, if any thing the perlite only hinders ample root space, simply put the perlite is taking up space rather than your roots, this in hindsight will require additional feedings per day... The roots are your fruits.....

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So I gave just left the hydro store in Tallahassee, two bags of Coco by Cyco and two small bags of perlight going back to Coco. I'll have them transplanted as soon as I get back home..... I suppose I can mix the V\B Dirty and use it outside in the spring I just can't half ass this project and expect the results I'm looking for....... Thanks for convincing me.

honestly ...... don't use the perilite . you don't need it . coco retains plenty of air & 02 .

are you going to order the V&B original formula ? don't remember if you use RO or tap .

just remember to treat your transplants in coco like you would with the promix . untill the roots are established in the pots 1 to 2 weeks . meaning let the coco dry out a bit to help the roots grow . not bone dry , but not wet . you can over water coco untill the root mass is big enough to deal with alot of water .
after that , feed everyday ..... feed to runoff (10% is fine ) & do not let the pots sit in it . from then on , how many feeds a cycle you want to do is up to your comfort level .

PH of 5.8 ...... but a swing from 5.6 to 6.1 is more beneficial . i'll put up a chart so you can see that elements like calcium are available at a different PH level than ones like Magnesium . calcium is more available at the low end where magnesium is available at a higher level .

picture.php

Aspenou812

Veteran
Thanks guys great answers I am using the perlight to top dress the pots, I have a thing about mud puddles I'm the tops of my pots.........

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks guys great answers I am using the perlight to top dress the pots, I have a thing about mud puddles I'm the tops of my pots.........

unless you can pick up the pots to feel how light they are after doing your transplants ...... leave off the perilite so you can see the top layer dry out .once the root mass is built up & your feeding daily , then put it on for whatever reason lol

& coco doesn't puddle like dirt or promix ......