What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GIRL's GOT SKILLS

windycitysmoker

⚖TrippleBeamDreams⚖
Veteran
So this is going to be a pretty straight forward room
SYSTEM - DTW
MEDIA - ProMix XP
Pots - Original Air Pots 2 gallon
Nutrients - Veg+Bloom Dirty, Vitamin and Hormone Booster by MB-FERTS
Light - Gavita Pro 1000 DE
Exaust Fan - Hyper Fan 710 CFM
Air Scrubber - Phresh Filter 8"
Pumps - Danner Pond Master 500GPM
Reservoir - 20 Gallon Rubber Maid Bruit Can

What is a dtw ? Pounds that's what I'm talking bout.

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
listen to Dansbud regarding going up a pot size or two or you may struggle to hit your goal.

i have grown in coco but use pro mix now and you will need twice the volume of medium to get comparable harvest.

good luck and regardless of quantity you will have great quality bud.

peace

I agre with Dan & Cheebs step up to alittle biger pot if using proxmix .
i use to use promix ,then switch to coco because i was using small [1gal] pots.
i still use promix sometimes but have steped up to 2-3 gal pots to get the same size plant in 1 gal of coco:tiphat:

Aspenou812

Veteran
I think Rives uses the same pots as I have now, Anyway guys the three pots is all I have in the airpots I'll have to order larger pots or use standard round nursery pots. But I totally agree with yall a bigger pot would make it more feisable, but the pots do make a difference I have seen a 7 foot tall bannana tree in a two gallon airpot on an automated irragation, it was in Coco though, so why don't we see just how big we can grow in a Two Gallon Air Pot with pro mix just for science? I think we will all be surprised!!

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think Rives uses the same pots as I have now, Anyway guys the three pots is all I have in the airpots I'll have to order larger pots or use standard round nursery pots. But I totally agree with yall a bigger pot would make it more feisable, but the pots do make a difference I have seen a 7 foot tall bannana tree in a two gallon airpot on an automated irragation, it was in Coco though, so why don't we see just how big we can grow in a Two Gallon Air Pot with pro mix just for science? I think we will all be surprised!!

because your trying to reach a certain goal . & we honestly don't think that 2 gallon pots are going to cut it to reach that goal . even in air pots . save the experiment for later on after you've gotten to what you want out of this run . then by all means run a 2 gallon air pot up against a 5 gallon nursery pot so you can see for yourself :tiphat:

grab some 5 or 7 gallon nursery pots & blow this shit up this round to get yourself ahead of the game .

soil/peat mixes are good for 1 ounce of bud per gallon of medium
coco is good for 3 ounces of bud per gallon of medium .

Aspenou812

Veteran
because your trying to reach a certain goal . & we honestly don't think that 2 gallon pots are going to cut it to reach that goal . even in air pots . save the experiment for later on after you've gotten to what you want out of this run . then by all means run a 2 gallon air pot up against a 5 gallon nursery pot so you can see for yourself :tiphat:

grab some 5 or 7 gallon nursery pots & blow this shit up this round to get yourself ahead of the game .

soil/peat mixes are good for 1 ounce of bud per gallon of medium
coco is good for 3 ounces of bud per gallon of medium .

You know what Dan you are absolutely right! And that's my goal to blow this shit way up! and i know the bigger the root the bigger the fruit! Ill go and try to source some large pots tonight! I want to switch to coco, its what i started growing in, I went with the pro mix because i have 5 pounds of V+B dirty to use up, so ill use it up on this run :) In 5 gallon buckets it shouldn't take long, then ill be a good girl and buy the V+B RO like you run and get back to COCO..... If i hadn't overspent on Christmas and the room this month i would just order all of it right now.........damn

rockymountainJ

I'm dealing this round with too small pot for tree size!! Bigger the better. I knew and was told... so...
Can't wait till your rolling Cheers!!
Rmj

N

noyd666

white inner tub is 25 lts=6.6 us gal. holds them stable, wheely bins. big black one is for o/flow if it happens. pretty much the same as your wanting to do.
picture.php
flowered at 3ft n over.gg4s1.

Aspenou812

Veteran
white inner tub is 25 lts=6.6 us gal. holds them stable, wheely bins. big black one is for o/flow if it happens. pretty much the same as your wanting to do.View Image flowered at 3ft n over.gg4s1.

Yea something just like that, my setup looks a little different but the same idea for the most part......

Aspenou812

Veteran
So I think im going to start off in the pots i have! Dont worry Dan i have the 5 gallon Air pots on the way........ and before the flip i can transplant into the 5 gallon pots for flower.....That way i can get this show on the road and get started without waiting. Do you guys think a transplant before the flip would be a bad thing, or would it be better to just start out in the same pot?

N

noyd666

I would transplant then veg week or so to fill space with roots then flip BUT?

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So I think im going to start off in the pots i have! Dont worry Dan i have the 5 gallon Air pots on the way........ and before the flip i can transplant into the 5 gallon pots for flower.....That way i can get this show on the road and get started without waiting. Do you guys think a transplant before the flip would be a bad thing, or would it be better to just start out in the same pot?

what Noydd said :tiphat:

transplant at least a week before maybe 2 if you can , to build roots in the new pots , then flip . a good root system is VERY important ! but you already knew that .

i hear its a bitch to repot airpots though ..... no experiance with it , i just thought i read that .

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I used airpots a few times and I would recommend using the air pot as the final container only. Although I never tried to transplant one, but unraveling the root ball out of a harvested plant was not very fun at all. :noway: Fabric pots are good for aeration too, but I didnt like having to wash them after a run or two. I use these containers called Rootmakers. They are awesome imo. They are so durable, and have holes pyramided down the sides with notch tracks inside to direct roots to holes for air pruning. Pretty kool. :)

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
i hear its a bitch to repot airpots though ..... no experiance with it , i just thought i read that .

Actually dead simple, just unscrew the the pins, peel off the side from the base and remove the rootball. No need to turn it sideways or upside down or pull on the main stem like with nursery pots.

I bought the big ones years ago and had OK results cause I couldn't keep them optimally watered outside. They are way too big to use in my cabinet unfortunately.

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
I used airpots a few times and I would recommend using the air pot as the final container only. Although I never tried to transplant one, but unraveling the root ball out of a harvested plant was not very fun at all. :noway: Fabric pots are good for aeration too, but I didnt like having to wash them after a run or two. I use these containers called Rootmakers. They are awesome imo. They are so durable, and have holes pyramided down the sides with notch tracks inside to direct roots to holes for air pruning. Pretty kool. :)

u got a pic of those rootmaker?

Morcheeba*

Veteran
Bugman,

check out Root Router Post. they are like heavy duty net pots but better and like other fabric or airpots they will not let your plant get rootbound.

a solid pot makes moving them around easier

peace