What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GIRL's GOT SKILLS

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey Aspenou812, you are doing a great job in here! I'm not a hydro guy so most everything is foreign and new to me in this thread. Hope you find your bong so it will be on standby when you harvest the Glue ;). GL and i'm looking forward to you finishing this grow. Take care 1

Aspenou812

Veteran
Yay I found BERTHA......

Yay I found BERTHA......

So after four days i found my Bong!!!! Yay.. we spent the last three hours catching up if you know what i mean.....:headbange:whee::greenstars::wallbash::wallbash:
Apparently i was out by the firepit smoking last Saturday and just left it sitting out there, my fire pit is about 2 acres away from my house and shop. Its really nice to sit out there with a pipe and some bud on cold clear nights and blaze up, It's so quiet and peaceful. I know yall thats some real country girl shit right there..... Big fires at the edge of thousands of acres of woods.......

N

noyd666

picture.php
way to go

Aspenou812

Veteran
Very cool, yeah Amazon is great!

Could the halos be getting clogged some?

Im seeing some salts on the sides of my pots so I think it's time to address that before i have to chisel that stuff out.... Its really not bad yet just being proactive.....

When you finally find the bong then you're probably OK to smoke again :biggrin: sounds like you outdid yourself the first time.

I know right... lmfao i've been told i smoke excessively... and honestly i dont even know how much it takes to be considered an excessive smoker... Is there really such a thing.... I just thought I was a pothead:biggrin:....

how do u lose a 20" bong lol, it;s probley just where u left i lol.

yup it was... left it out in the weather by my fire pit.... what can i say Bug.... Stoner Country Girl...... yea that fits

when my headlamp went out i just ran to lowes and got a green led light for a regular old desk lamp. lights up my room well enough to work and was 4$ vs 40 to get the t5s. i also use a green fingertip light, like the rave style joints, just point my index finger where im watering or snipping

I like that fingertip light. I already ordered those 5 bulbs for my 4 foot fixture, im thinking ill look at those fingertip lamps i know there will be shadows in the room now even with the big green light on...

damn i miss getting jerry ranchers. i used to get root beer flavor and drop a few in an a&w

OH yea one of my favorite ways to medicate in the mornings. I make them in my kitchen... I make watermelon, grape, banana, green apple, peach and mango flavors now, i just looked and i can get the flavoring for a whole bunch of colas and root beer, cream soda. I've never thought about dissolving them in a drink, I'll be trying that this weekend when i make some more, I dont do it often but i make 250 at a time so they last forever..... There a pain in the ass to make but they're so good and flavorful:), once you start making them just keep the process up until your out of ingredients.

Hey Aspenou812, you are doing a great job in here! I'm not a hydro guy so most everything is foreign and new to me in this thread. Hope you find your bong so it will be on standby when you harvest the Glue ;). GL and i'm looking forward to you finishing this grow. Take care 1

Yea KCS it might be foreign to you but i'm glad youre here and thank you for posting..... i love the shoutouts
Im kinda hooked i love doing this and am already buying parts to duplicate this system, until i have a true perpetual grow going on. I have wanted to grow for a while and really enjoy sharing it with everyone here on the Mag..... I just hope to do the plants justice and make a thread worthy of all the people that are reading along and posting here with me...... :huggg:

Aspenou812

Veteran
UPDATE!!!!

UPDATE!!!!

Im sorry but i really dont know what to do about that orange color....
there filling in my screen without much help from me at the moment... All look healthy to me and there thick...

Look at that light penetration..... Most of the lower branches are getting good light two....

as for the height..... i'll start tying them to the net in a few days to level the canopy, i want them it be just a little fuller and taller.... I know the tall part is headed my way...

So I think its going ok right now... they are only in day 4 of flower....I can hardly wait to see the flowers popping.....

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So after four days i found my Bong!!!! Yay.. we spent the last three hours catching up if you know what i mean.....:headbange:whee::greenstars::wallbash::wallbash:
Apparently i was out by the firepit smoking last Saturday and just left it sitting out there, my fire pit is about 2 acres away from my house and shop. Its really nice to sit out there with a pipe and some bud on cold clear nights and blaze up, It's so quiet and peaceful. I know yall thats some real country girl shit right there..... Big fires at the edge of thousands of acres of woods.......

sounds like heaven to me !!!

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
there filling in my screen without much help from me at the moment... All look healthy to me and there thick...

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70660&pictureid=1699934View Image

Look at that light penetration..... Most of the lower branches are getting good light two....

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70660&pictureid=1699933View Image

as for the height..... i'll start tying them to the net in a few days to level the canopy, i want them it be just a little fuller and taller.... I know the tall part is headed my way...

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70660&pictureid=1699932View Image

So I think its going ok right now... they are only in day 4 of flower....I can hardly wait to see the flowers popping.....

just don't tie them down to tight , they will continue to stretch even after tied down , i tuck mine under the net so the main leads can continue to stretch .

Aspenou812

Veteran
just don't tie them down to tight , they will continue to stretch even after tied down , i tuck mine under the net so the main leads can continue to stretch .

You're going to like how I do this Dan.... You ready to build a new scrog? I'll show you tonight... It works great, were taking slightly different routes to get to the same place.....

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
mine filled out a little better this time , i did more topping in early veg & they were pretty bushy going in .

pics tomorrow , didn't get a chance tonight .

Aspenou812

Veteran
mine filled out a little better this time , i did more topping in early veg & they were pretty bushy going in .

pics tomorrow , didn't get a chance tonight .

yea me too.... i was walking to the door hoping i had a minute and the light went out.... SHIT..... oh well always tomorrow.... I'll have my green lights installed by the end of next week.:)
whatever it takes to rock the shit out of this grow i'm going to do it... and every grow after it... just that simple

Last edited:

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Regarding the screen, Home Depot carries a screen that is covered with paper for some type of concrete work. The paper is easy to tear off and the screen has openings that are just under 2" square. The wire in the below link doesn't have the paper covering, but appears to be the same thing. I ran mine with the original openings a few times and wound up cutting out every other strand of wire so that the openings are now just under 4" square. The larger openings made it a hell of a lot easier to weave the plant through without damaging them, and with some plant wire you can still control things to your heart's content. The screen is just zip tied to a PVC frame, and was much easier to build than my earlier ones that had drilled holes with cord strung through them.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/42-in-x-84-in-Sheared-Welded-Steel-Wire-06415/206514118

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70660&pictureid=1699934&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70660&pictureid=1699933&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70660&pictureid=1699932&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Everything growing below that netting needs to be removed starting at the base and working your way up as the days pass as it wont yield shit under there with no light penetration....this will increase growth in the growing tips.

windycitysmoker

⚖TrippleBeamDreams⚖
Veteran
Regarding the screen, Home Depot carries a screen that is covered with paper for some type of concrete work. The paper is easy to tear off and the screen has openings that are just under 2" square. The wire in the below link doesn't have the paper covering, but appears to be the same thing. I ran mine with the original openings a few times and wound up cutting out every other strand of wire so that the openings are now just under 4" square. The larger openings made it a hell of a lot easier to weave the plant through without damaging them, and with some plant wire you can still control things to your heart's content. The screen is just zip tied to a PVC frame, and was a hell of a lot easier to build than my earlier ones that had drilled holes with cord strung through them.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/42-in-x-84-in-Sheared-Welded-Steel-Wire-06415/206514118

That looks decent and cheap Great idea bro :tiphat:

windycitysmoker

⚖TrippleBeamDreams⚖
Veteran

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70660&pictureid=1699934&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70660&pictureid=1699933&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70660&pictureid=1699932&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Everything looks Great :tiphat: how's the moms doing ?

Aspenou812

Veteran
Tonight ill explain the method behind my madness.... there are several benefits this scrog provides that other scrog options dont. I looked at wire and several types of mesh material, metal and plastic materials work great but they're not as flexible, they dont provide any of the options you will have available to you with a set up like mine has...... Please I'll explain tonight, for me its all about flexibility.....Giving my self as many options as possible in training the plants to the trellis and after the grow just as many options for removing the plants without damaging the buds..... I think you guys will really like the way i have done this once i explain..... this is a little more involved in terms of setup, it takes time, but that time will be well spent...... have an AWESOME Day everyone...... And thanks for all the post, that's what this thread is all about voicing your opinions and sharing knowledge and ideas........ you guys and your Post is what will make this a fantastic thread... So keep on posting here everyone... Please.....
explanations, build instructions and new pictures coming tonight....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts