What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GIRL's GOT SKILLS

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'll just use that to stir and spread the pH around after I've adjusted it. Like you Dan just enough to keep it mixed up a little. I can also run it to clean the res.....
I'm at work now and there getting fed every 3 hours, tonight at 6:30 I'll be bord as hell. Lol no more anytime visits....

:tiphat:

RockinRobot

I'll just use that to stir and spread the pH around after I've adjusted it. Like you Dan just enough to keep it mixed up a little. I can also run it to clean the res.....
I'm at work now and there getting fed every 3 hours, tonight at 6:30 I'll be bord as hell. Lol no more anytime visits....

Hehehe I hear where you're coming from. Used to love to just go in and watch them but once the lights go out no more browsing whenever you want. I run lights at night to help with electric bill so it's even worse. Lights out from 8am to 9pm so I get to see them just for maintenance either at lights on or just before they go off.

Aspenou812

Veteran
Hehehe I hear where you're coming from. Used to love to just go in and watch them but once the lights go out no more browsing whenever you want. I run lights at night to help with electric bill so it's even worse. Lights out from 8am to 9pm so I get to see them just for maintenance either at lights on or just before they go off.

Hey RR thanks for stopping by.... Yea I would sit and smoke a bowl with the babies.... Not anymore they need there rest....

Aspenou812

Veteran
Looked good....Just needed a different type of pump to work in that scenario. Which isnt a bad idea since submerged pumps tend to get a little funky sitting in solution all the time.

Yea Cat that's what I was trying to avoid... They get slimy in the res if ya don't wash them down every week. Anyway it's fixed and working properly. .... It was fun comming up with all that. Anything to stay busy doing something.... To make my grow a little better..... Right...:biggrin::)

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
So what happens when you give a girl a bunch of pvc parts, a 6 inch cone full of train wreck to smoke and some time to figure out shit.... lmfao.... I'll tell you what happened I messed it all up.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70660&pictureid=1698815&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

this system is a self mixing system, the valve on the right shuts off the feed line to the rez, there is a removable Y filter to keep debris out of the manifold, the lower valve shuts off water to the rez.......

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70660&pictureid=1698813&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
this is my adjustable anti syphon valve

nothing at all in the rez to make the ph dance (different plastics and elements affect the ph in different ways)
there is an adjustable nozzle so i can fine tune the mixing of the res, It turns on both axes due to the snap pvc elbow.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70660&pictureid=1698814&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

I can turn couple valves and mix up nutrients, oxygenate solution and maintain the rez, turn them back and the timer waters the plants like clockwork...... all i have to do is maintain it with top ups and set the PH and EC ....... NEXT.....

hehehehehehe all that and it doesn't work at all, not at all but damn it dose look good as hell...... lmfao
so back to the drawing board..... the pump wont prime and i'm suppose to be able to use these pumps inline my ass..... hummm ok next the rebuild of the whole damn system ill probably end up putting the pump down in the water......

Ok I'll get some pictures of the system when I get off work today. I fixed it in about 10 minutes. I cut the pump out and put an elbow there. The pump is now at the bottom of the res.... And now it works great...... I'm blaming it on the weed.....lmfao I just had to fuck something up...... Things were going so good lmfao...... Oops.

I was wondering how that mag pump was going to pump in that position above water line.

Yea but it looked good.... Right Cat....
If I had read the directions I would have known that.... They said it could be used inline I didn't know they ment under the water line.....
i was wondering the same thing lol
sounds like u got it going now.

Catatafish

Veteran
I can tell ya the pump to use to do what you were trying to do....not sure if the effort is worth it though. I dont like drilling in my rez's so its hard to fit all the piping in and out of the top if i move the circulator out of rez. I usually just toss all pumps after a year anyway when i do maintenance.

Get an A for effort though.

mango420

Thats a crazy looking pvc setup for the watering! It does look good for sure! A little over involved i would say tho. I run a drip system and have my pumps submersed and never have any issues, maybe clean them every month at the most. Did you glue those fittings? One problem I see is that you wont be able to clean your rez, pick it up and dump it out. I didnt even know they made anti siphon valves like that hahaha, i fixed my siphon problem by putting in a few drippers at the top of the feed line that goes from the pump to the top of the rez.

Aspenou812

Veteran
Weird Science part 2 lmfao

Weird Science part 2 lmfao

ok ok dont just go to town building shit when you're super high..trust me you won't have shit half as figured out as you think ya do LMFAO..All fixed and working like clock work. That PVC glue destroyed my pretty nails...... Damn it.... ok Mixed 20 gallons @ 1.2 EC set ph at 5.6 and it will swing up to 6.2 before i adjust it.

Bobbo4200

Veteran
ok ok dont just go to town building shit when you're super high..trust me you won't have shit half as figured out as you think ya do LMFAO..All fixed and working like clock work. That PVC glue destroyed my pretty nails...... Damn it.... ok Mixed 20 gallons @ 1.2 EC set ph at 5.6 and it will swing up to 6.2 before i adjust it.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70660&pictureid=1699273&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Hah I want to meet you Aspen lol! Great setup for sure!

Aspenou812

Veteran
I snapped a quick picture as they were waking up this morning.. Two days in Flower and there stacking internodes like crazy... There about to expload all over the place I think. Somehow I don't think filling my Scrog will be an issue at all... Feeding at 1.2 EC every two hours with the lights on

Attachments

• IMG_20170124_071838.jpg
    IMG_20170124_071838.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 14
N

noyd666

can see you like building things.:biggrin: this product n more like it keeps your lines n pumps clear of build up gunk.
picture.php
cant you see pic? called stop block by flairform, keeps lines and pumps clean. like laxetts

Last edited:

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think he forgot to put in the link or pic ...... damn stoners :biggrin:

Aspenou812

Veteran
i soak my halos in a bucket of vinegar...... eats all the salts away...Ill have to look into that NOYD thanks for that tip.....

Bobbo4200

Veteran
I also unhook and blast them out with compressed air sometimes as well, I only have two so it's not a huge huge deal unhooking them and doing that.

N

noyd666

half as cheap as drip clean don't use to much, a wee drop goes a long way.
picture.php