What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GIRL's GOT SKILLS

catalyte

Veteran
looks like those girls like what you're giving 'em :yes:

great color they have. That's the look you want before you flip to flower.

Aspenou812

Veteran
the girls are looking good and that GB looks like she could fill a screen by her self.

peace

yea she's doing good, cant wait to flower some of that GB#6

looks like those girls like what you're giving 'em :yes:

great color they have. That's the look you want before you flip to flower.

It's a lot of work to keep up with, and it's just going to get harder as my system count goes up, It takes time to listen to your plants. and all the good advise i have gotten from my friends here at the mag.... Ill have flowers shortly....

Aspenou812

Veteran
A new Beginning...... The Flowering Stage

A new Beginning...... The Flowering Stage

OK everyone my little ladies are sleeping, they need their rest so they will grow up into large stanky BITCHES...... This is a new beginning the first day of rest they have gotten in 4 weeks. I already have about 10 tops through the SCROG. So now the supercropping begins.... Ill be using vine clips to hold the canopy in place for the next 8 days as i lay the tops out and the canopy spreads....

onavelzy

Veteran
March 26!! Looking forward to following along with you. Don't be shy about the smallest of details. This is a learning opportunity for many of us!

Aspenou812

Veteran
Ona
No you really cant do anything with the material that is topped, that may be good for tissue culture but i'm not sure about that.... i dont propagate with tissue culture at the moment and not sure of the genetic material needed...

As for the time.... there is no magic time stamp, there going to finish when they finish.... its that simple, Being able to read your plants and time that is a whole diffrent needed skill set!

Ona you have had the green light for a while, and i haven't seen your grow get started...
maybe i missed your thread. A simple system and some seed is all you need to get started. you can't learn without hands on experience. Test your various grow skills with small plants in different stages of growth and show us what ya got...... we can google and post information all day long! Like my friend Tony says.... When the GREEN DROPS the BULSHIT STOPS! Good Luck...

We will all help with any questions you have that's what we are here for........ To Learn and Grow Together........

onavelzy

Veteran
To participate, one should be doing or have done. Fair enough. If I have communicated expertise by way of google, then I do apologize.

Aspenou812

Veteran
To participate, one is expected to have do or have done. Fair enough. If I have communicated in any way expertise by google, then I do apologize.

Not what i was saying at all..... It's hard to imaging and looking at pictures to get an idea and learn, you have to have plants to put your hands on! Regardless of their breeder.

I did this for TWO years one or two plants at a time. I failed several times with premium cuts, you read something or discus something with someone and then you go try it out for yourself. Take picture compare notes, notate everything and read it over and over, build small systems and test them, try different training techniques, find the nutrient solution you like, Learn to dial that in, Learn to listen to your plants, Learn how to stack internodes, how to not burn your plants even learn how to wait and be patent! It comes on slowly the knowledge and skills.Then all of a sudden you will have the skills to BLOW IT THE FUCK UP Seriously i'm still learning every day! I have ask and continue to ask my mentor about every facet of this grow! Just ask Him lmfao.... Shit i blow up all my friends here for guidance, encouragement and advice. Just ask anyone!!!! And with there help I am now chasing a TWO POUND DREAM with the finest genetics anyone could ever hope to have. For me it all started with this. Very humble beginnings for a TWO POUND DREAM

You have to have a frame of reference for us to help you, Like now if i see something that i need to know about i snap a picture and post it or pm it to my mentor, It's all about having a frame of reference so the experienced growers can advise you! everyone starts somewhere..... until you have your hands on plants ya just won't learn shit....See like Tony Says (when the GREEN DROPS THE BULSHIT STOPS) thats when you start growing and learning... PEACE

Last edited:

Aspenou812

Veteran
Weird Science.......

Weird Science.......

So what happens when you give a girl a bunch of pvc parts, a 6 inch cone full of train wreck to smoke and some time to figure out shit.... lmfao.... I'll tell you what happened I messed it all up.

this system is a self mixing system, the valve on the right shuts off the feed line to the rez, there is a removable Y filter to keep debris out of the manifold, the lower valve shuts off water to the rez.......

this is my adjustable anti syphon valve

nothing at all in the rez to make the ph dance (different plastics and elements affect the ph in different ways)
there is an adjustable nozzle so i can fine tune the mixing of the res, It turns on both axes due to the snap pvc elbow.

I can turn couple valves and mix up nutrients, oxygenate solution and maintain the rez, turn them back and the timer waters the plants like clockwork...... all i have to do is maintain it with top ups and set the PH and EC ....... NEXT.....

hehehehehehe all that and it doesn't work at all, not at all but damn it dose look good as hell...... lmfao
so back to the drawing board..... the pump wont prime and i'm suppose to be able to use these pumps inline my ass..... hummm ok next the rebuild of the whole damn system ill probably end up putting the pump down in the water......

Last edited:

Aspenou812

Veteran
Rez part B......

Rez part B......

Ok I'll get some pictures of the system when I get off work today. I fixed it in about 10 minutes. I cut the pump out and put an elbow there. The pump is now at the bottom of the res.... And now it works great...... I'm blaming it on the weed.....lmfao I just had to fuck something up...... Things were going so good lmfao...... Oops.

Last edited:

Aspenou812

Veteran
I was wondering how that mag pump was going to pump in that position above water line.
Yea but it looked good.... Right Cat....
If I had read the directions I would have known that.... They said it could be used inline I didn't know they ment under the water line.....

Last edited:

Catatafish

Veteran
Looked good....Just needed a different type of pump to work in that scenario. Which isnt a bad idea since submerged pumps tend to get a little funky sitting in solution all the time.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
so i have been lurking in here for a bit and i gotta say, respect. your on here as much as i am if not more, asking intelligent questions, doing your thing. every time i come in here its looking better and better, but theres always four messages in a row that say "looking good aspen." so i figure eh, she knows its coming along nice. but yeah, its coming along nice. and everyone is not kidding about the first 3 weeks of flower, she gets wild. im running my first real run of her too, flipped on the 5th. shes still stretching out!

ps what are you a baker? 6 am...

Aspenou812

Veteran
so i have been lurking in here for a bit and i gotta say, respect. your on here as much as i am if not more, asking intelligent questions, doing your thing. every time i come in here its looking better and better, but theres always four messages in a row that say "looking good aspen." so i figure eh, she knows its coming along nice. but yeah, its coming along nice. and everyone is not kidding about the first 3 weeks of flower, she gets wild. im running my first real run of her too, flipped on the 5th. shes still stretching out!

ps what are you a baker? 6 am...
Hehehe no just a workaholic. Thanks for chiming in Nameless, wish more people would take a second and say hi or whatever.... I've been working towards this for a while. I'm just glad to be able to contribute something that may help some one else out. I like to think I've put alot of thought into this system, it's been rumbling around my head for a while, it all works together so nicely I'm a little surprised how effective it is now.... The system is finished now I have to nail down the environment..... Feel free to post anytime Nameless.... Please

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So what happens when you give a girl a bunch of pvc parts, a 6 inch cone full of train wreck to smoke and some time to figure out shit.... lmfao.... I'll tell you what happened I messed it all up.
View Image

this system is a self mixing system, the valve on the right shuts off the feed line to the rez, there is a removable Y filter to keep debris out of the manifold, the lower valve shuts off water to the rez.......

View Image
this is my adjustable anti syphon valve

nothing at all in the rez to make the ph dance (different plastics and elements affect the ph in different ways)
there is an adjustable nozzle so i can fine tune the mixing of the res, It turns on both axes due to the snap pvc elbow.

View Image

I can turn couple valves and mix up nutrients, oxygenate solution and maintain the rez, turn them back and the timer waters the plants like clockwork...... all i have to do is maintain it with top ups and set the PH and EC ....... NEXT.....

hehehehehehe all that and it doesn't work at all, not at all but damn it dose look good as hell...... lmfao
so back to the drawing board..... the pump wont prime and i'm suppose to be able to use these pumps inline my ass..... hummm ok next the rebuild of the whole damn system ill probably end up putting the pump down in the water......

lol , glad ya got it figured out ! how often do you plan on recirculating the rez ? the longer you do , the more your PH will climb , just be aware of that :tiphat:

The V&B mixes pretty clean & theres not a ton of sediment , so you really dont need to keep it going constantly . i have a 185 pump in the bottom of mine that i run twice a day for a half hour at a time .

Aspenou812

Veteran
lol , glad ya got it figured out ! how often do you plan on recirculating the rez ? the longer you do , the more your PH will climb , just be aware of that :tiphat:

The V&B mixes pretty clean & theres not a ton of sediment , so you really dont need to keep it going constantly . i have a 185 pump in the bottom of mine that i run twice a day for a half hour at a time .

I'll just use that to stir and spread the pH around after I've adjusted it. Like you Dan just enough to keep it mixed up a little. I can also run it to clean the res.....
I'm at work now and there getting fed every 3 hours, tonight at 6:30 I'll be bord as hell. Lol no more anytime visits....