What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hooked On Ponics

O

OG Tree Grower

Are those Picts supsto impress me? Or just more pointless posts?

Don't ya think the forum is filled with enough useless info that people have to sift through?

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is always got to be one smart ass remark in any thread from some clown :moon::laughing:

Hey Slip, I would PM you, but you haven't enough posts yet. I'm inviting you to my Hail Hydro thread. I doubt YOU will find it boring

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
A few pictures of the males flowering

The male in the first two pictures petered out and I had to remove it from the tub, but it did release a nice little amount of pollen.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Bear in mind these plants got neglected some and where not my ideal prime candidate to flower out like they are. Oh and I left the door open last night for something like 6 hours. It's been getting hot here with temps in the room getting up to and around 90.

Some of these roots are not the ideal structure that you want to have You can see how some look like a dread lock, although calling the structure a root lock would seam more logical. You can see how the roots just twist together and as the plant and roots grow they tend to choke/strangle them selves which can lead to limited uptake of nutrients and other issues. You can see how some of the others are spread out and the roots are not all all intertwined like the others. These plants had the roots fluffed or spread out when they where younger resulting in a more robust plant.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
What causes root dread locks you think?
:tiphat:

The roots growing cause it. Other factors can also add to the roots matting up. When you have a medium it helps the roots spread out ward, with no medium the roots can grow right next to each other with out anything to space them out. Then running water will tend to push the roots together as it flows. The roots all have little hair like roots that protrude from the sides, (some will grow larger to add to your root mass) and those little roots act like Velcro between the roots.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Those ones above (not the cuttings from the last three pictures) are all plants grown out from seeds.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I finally have flowering pictures of some of the plants that where started at the start of this thread.

These are the Hash Plant X Double Dutch, there where/are 4 females.

Between week 2-3 they ate heavier then I was expecting/used to from the other plants I've had growing. I added more nutes which has fixed the issue, although some of the leaves still are different shades of yellow, but have gotten better and not worse.
#1 seams to be putting out bigger flowers, She has always been more vigorous then her sisters.
#3 kind of has a cheese like smell
#4 seams to be the most stick and looks to have more resin then her sister.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Here are pictures of another room that I have going. These cuttings are not from any of the seeds that where started in this thread. The first picture is 13 days before the last four pictures and a day or two before the light cycle was changed to the flowering cycle.
Both of these are a "large scale bubbler", each tote is supposed to be 30 gallons, but at the most I'll only be using 16-20gallons in each one. Each one is set up to hold 6 plants.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Picture update @ day 61 - I started taking pictures before lights on, but the light turned on half way though taking the pictures so the pictures of 3 and 4 have been affected by the grow light adding light.

HP X DD #1

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php