Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hooked On Ponics

Welcome to Hooked On Ponics

This thread is to feature a hydroponic technique that I've been doing for years now. I've not come across or seen any pictures of any one else doing this yet, so it's time for a little show and tell.

I'm not sure where I would rate this technique on difficulty level(scale).

How do you plant your seeds? There are many ways and many kinds of starter cubes out there today on the market.

I'm going to show you all another way. There will be several techniques that I will show you all in the duration of this thread. I'll be starting with seeds and we will fallow their development.

This is where it starts, with the sprout.

These pictures are from 1-19-16

Day 3 (3.5) a few more of the seedlings have been added

Day 5

Double Dutch F2's

Hooked On Ponics

The ReishiArium

1K RDWC grow

My Double Dutch Grow

Double Dutch F2's

Hooked On Ponics

The ReishiArium

1K RDWC grow

My Double Dutch Grow

Comment

1-28-16

I had started a 2nd round/group of seeds

Double Dutch F2's

Hooked On Ponics

The ReishiArium

1K RDWC grow

My Double Dutch Grow

Comment

subscribed can't wait to see how this grow turns out!!
        "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."
        -Thomas Jefferson

I'm here to grow weed and chew bubblegum...

Comment

On 1-27-16 I moved the first round of seeds to another room under a 1k sodium bulb

Day 8

1-28-16

Day 9

Day 11

Double Dutch F2's

Hooked On Ponics

The ReishiArium

1K RDWC grow

My Double Dutch Grow

Comment

I changed out the Sodium buld and put in a MH bulb some time last week.

These pictures are from the say day, just before and after trimming

Day 19 for the plants that where moved to the large aero unit, and day 10 for the 2nd group of seeds

Double Dutch F2's

Hooked On Ponics

The ReishiArium

1K RDWC grow

My Double Dutch Grow

Comment

This now brings us to today

Double Dutch F2's

Hooked On Ponics

The ReishiArium

1K RDWC grow

My Double Dutch Grow

Comment

There is a 3rd group/batch of seeds that where started (started germinating) on the 2nd or 3rd day after the 2nd batch of seeds had been in the aero units.

I lost track of how many days old the are, but they are about 7-10 days behind the 2nd batch.

Double Dutch F2's

Hooked On Ponics

The ReishiArium

1K RDWC grow

My Double Dutch Grow

Comment

One thing I love you do, is allowing the seedling to 'throw' the seed and membrane prior to sticking it...I have always did it that way....agree on MANY WAY to start your babies and your nursery is as good as any....one observation is up until about your 10 days, they are not liking that 1k...just a little too young to benefit from that much light...soon as some bigger leaf sets are there, they recover nice and can process the 1k.....But I can almost hear them crying in the pics up to day 9...Have u tried something a little less intense on them that first 10 days? Maybe it would result in a healthier start and momentum for when they are ready for the 1k....a little more complex of a set up than I put into my seedlings but it is indeed an effective approach...YT

Comment

Cool!

Comment

very well put together grow man that's some impressive growth for 19 days! seems like you know what you're doing!
                      "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."
                      -Thomas Jefferson

I'm here to grow weed and chew bubblegum...

Comment

Nice detailed pics. Looking good.

Comment

These next two pictures are from several years ago, from some of my last seed runs. The first one is two weeks after sprouting, and the 2nd one is 11 days after sprouting. I have found that if you don't "top/pinch" the tap root you end up with more of a stem sized mass which makes it harder to transplant later on due to the "stem" not being as flexible as roots.

This is the best example I have of the seeds sprouting and by leaving them longer they shed the seed shell and embryonic sack. These pictures are of the plants from the first two pictures in this post. Reminds me of bean sprouts.

Double Dutch F2's

Hooked On Ponics

The ReishiArium

1K RDWC grow

My Double Dutch Grow

Comment

Originally posted by yankeetransplnt View Post
                            one observation is up until about your 10 days, they are not liking that 1k...just a little too young to benefit from that much light...soon as some bigger leaf sets are there, they recover nice and can process the 1k.....But I can almost hear them crying in the pics up to day 9...Have u tried something a little less intense on them that first 10 days? Maybe it would result in a healthier start and momentum for when they are ready for the 1k
                            They where started under a 400w MH and then moved on like day 8 under the 1k. I've started many more underneath a 1k on many occasions and have not noticed any negative effect on them.
                            Double Dutch F2's

Hooked On Ponics

The ReishiArium

1K RDWC grow

My Double Dutch Grow

Comment

Working...
                            X