What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SCUZZ-BUSTERS!! Tips, Tricks, and Pointers on Keeping Rooms "Spic n' Span" Clean

Zumie

SCUZZ-BUSTERS!! Tips, Tricks, and Pointers on Keeping Rooms "Spic n' Span" Clean

I am sure that someone has figured out a simple way to cut down the amount of effort that goes into everyone's favorite part of tthis marvelous hobby *. . . the "Between Cycle *Deep Clean". * I am particularly curious about any tricks people have come up with to cut through those nasty nutrient & salt deposit *build-ups that can collect on some hard-to-clean spots such as submerged pumps and hydro *plumbing *components. *I was thinking about trying to use a product called C.L.R. which stands for Calcium. Lime. Rust, however from what I understand this is some fairly harsh shit and I am certainly not sure if it will possibly have any negative effects on some of the plastic parts and or the PVC pipe components of my system. *Would also hate to have some sort of residue lingering in the system where the girls might ultimately be exposed to it. * *Anyway, I think that this may ultimately be a really helpful Thread, that I hope will be a place where people wind up sharing all sorts of little tricks and tips that they have developed over time with respect to the process of cleaning up the mess we make over the 8 week duration. *So please, drop off any suggestions you can think of, Im sure someone will find it helpful....cuz at the end of the day, you have all heard it said before by someone....IT ALL BEGINS WILL CLEANLINESS CLEANLINESS CLEANLINESS!!!! *

Happy Scrubbing

Z

Yeah Sumie should be a good thread. For me just good old water and a healthy dose of bleach.
Rinse out hydro system with it, clean all parts with it, use old tooth brush or whatever if something
stubborn, clean floor after sweeping with it, and clean mylar walls with window cleaner (non ammonia type).

Will be interesting how others clean. GL OG

Wendull C.

Veteran
Cleanliness is so important to overall health and piece of mind in the job. I know no beasties have gotten in because I didn't bring them in and the room gives them no place to hide due to cleanliness and home defense.
Pulling up a chair.