What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My first hydro grow

weedomat

Hi
After 2 year of growing in soil i decided to take the next step and built a hydro system last month. This monday i finally finished the last tweaks and got to start my grow.

First of all here is my Setup:
attachment.php
attachment.php

Top left is the storage compartment:
attachment.php
attachment.php

Right below is the compartment for mother plants and seedling / clones. It features 3 18W Lights with 865 color.
Below is my Air filter system (300cbm/h)
The two mother plants are one Afghan Delight and one Jack Herer. I bought them yesterday from a clone shop and planted them in Plagron Light-Mix.
Under the cardboard are 10 Amnesia Haze seeds which i planted this monday in rockwhool.

attachment.php
attachment.php

On the top right side I have my vegging compartment, currently empty.
It features a 250W MH light and a 50l DWC with an 550l/h air pump and 1000l/h water pump for circulation.
The 10 amnesia haze will go here once they are ready.

attachment.php

On the bottom left side is my flowering compartment. It has an 250 HPS light and the same DWC as the vegging room.
The 7 Plants are all Afghan Delight which i bought as clones and put right into flower. I don't expect too much from them, their main purpose is testing and to have something flowering until my Amnesia Haze plants are big enough to go into the flowering compartment.
Currently i'm feeding them EC 1,0 Advanced Hydroponics of Holland nutrients.
attachment.php

I'm planning to keep this thread updated with new pics about every week or so.
What do you guys think of my setup ?

Attachments

• IMG_3181.jpg
    IMG_3181.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3183.jpg
    IMG_3183.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3184.jpg
    IMG_3184.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3186.jpg
    IMG_3186.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3187.jpg
    IMG_3187.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3189.jpg
    IMG_3189.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3191.jpg
    IMG_3191.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3190.jpg
    IMG_3190.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3180.jpg
    IMG_3180.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

xeasyx

ok matey looks good if i was going to have that sort of setup thats the way i would of done it but fortunatley iv got a little space so i can go a little bigger but i hope it works out well for you and grows you lots fo nice budd kepp it up and stay lucky EASY

weedomat

Thx guys, building this was a shitload of work...
First seedling showed its head today, else nothing new.

Attachments

• IMG_3193.jpg
    IMG_3193.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 15
Good luck my friend..Im sure youll have the results your looking for with the previous experience in soil grows..Great work on the build also..Feels good when you make something you can call your own..

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
Nice setup! Hydro is the shit. Very little maintenance. I do a res change every 2 weeks (3 hours) and every week I add back 3 gallons of tap water (1/2 hour) and that's about all the work I do in my garden.

My only gripe is that my res is small, but it's the biggest I can find that's made of ABS plastic (don't use totes, they crack) and is deep enough for my tray yet small enough to fit my space.

picture.php
picture.php

weedomat

Building everythink took me quite a long time, about three weeks, but i can't tell you how many hours i spent on it.

@!!!: Nice pics ! I hope my setup will run with as little maintenance as yours, for now I'm checking PH and EC daily but once i get a feeling for it i think i won't have to do it as often.

All of my seeds have grown into small plants now, unfortunately i allready lost one due to dehydration. I totally underestimated how fast the little rockwhool blocks would dry out...
The other 9 however are doing fine and are now in the veggi department bubbler.
The clones in flowering now have finally grown roots into the nutrient solution, i expect them to grow much faster from now on.
My two mothers are also doing fine.
Pics attached.

Attachments

• IMG_3209.jpg
    IMG_3209.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3207.jpg
    IMG_3207.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3205.jpg
    IMG_3205.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3203.jpg
    IMG_3203.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 9

weedomat

Hi guys, here is an update of my grow.
As you can see in the pics, I've ran into some problems. Would be great if some of you could give me some advice.

The seedlings in the veg. comp. (Amnesia Haze) are now 14 days old. I've planted them exactly today 2 weeks ago in rockwhool.
The plants in flower (Afghan Delight) i bought 13 days ago as clones from a local store.

First of all in the vegging room i have 3 plants that are giving me a headake, one of them is looking like this:
attachment.php

The other two are looking better, but they have strange brown spots on the leaves, as you can see here:
attachment.php

I'm currently feeding them with Advances Hydroponics of Holland nutes at EC 0,6. PH is quite stable at 6,0. raises about 0,1 every day or so.

In the flowering compartment I also have two plants that look like shit, they havent been growing at all in the 2 weeks they are in there now. Here is an overview so you can see the difference in size between the plants:
attachment.php

Here is a closeup of the most shitty looking one:
attachment.php

I have been feeding them with AH nutes also, strenght is EC 1,2. PH is also very stable.

The roots in both bubblers are starting to look brownish. Ive taken some pics of both compartments. Here are the roots in the vegging bubbler:
attachment.php

And here in the flowering bubbler:
attachment.php

The cover of the flowering comparment is also looking very nasty, strangely it took longer in this compartment for the roots to turn brownish than in the other one where the cover is still clean...
attachment.php

I began treating both comparments with bleach 3 days ago. I use 2ml of bleach (5% sodium-hypochlorite solution) for 50l of nutrient solution every 2 days.

Can anyone give me some advice ? I'm completely new to hydro and don't really know where to go from here. Am I feeding them wrong or are the problems caused by the brownish roots (problems in the flower compartment have started bevor the roots turned brown though...)

Attachments

• IMG_3224.jpg
    IMG_3224.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3223.jpg
    IMG_3223.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3222.jpg
    IMG_3222.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3220.jpg
    IMG_3220.jpg