What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aero/Nutramist Tree

foaf

Veteran
thanks guys, yes snoopy, I bought a Sentinel DRT-1 to replace my unreliable one. Now that said, the timer that failed me has been trucking along just fine in another capacity, I use it to turn a little pump on and off in my concentrated nutrient container to keep things mixed, a non critical function.

S

snoopytime

Press "1" if you would watch a B-flick sci-fi comedy adventure about the illumintati abducting Foaf and forcing him to grow weed on the space station

Last edited:

Me2

Hi Foaf
Its worth checking the real output figure of the emitters. By the spec, four seconds with a 0.9gph emitter "should" deliver 3.75ml of nutes. If you use a syringe to catch the 4 second output from a single emitter you`ll find its delivering a lot more than 3.75ml

foaf

Veteran
I just killed off the plant, after months and months of vegging and experimenting. The plant looked pretty healthy, but it just wasn't growing vigorously and I didn't want to spend the 4 months flower time on what looked like a compromised grow. I really want a good harvest of the Neville's Haze, and I don't do the same thing twice so....

It turns out that big healthy roots don't equal a rapidly growing plant, at least not in this situation.

So this is what it looked like when I killed her off. The roots were surprisingly white and hairy even deep in the mass where I wouldn't expect the mist to get.

On to another try; I already have a clone growing in a much different setup, a big old reliable bucket of hydroton. And I ditched the CFLs for a bunch of LED and putting CO2 back in.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice first attempt. Ya can't say I didn't warn ya.

I'm surprised Me2 didn't comment on your massive fishbone roots lacking root hairs. But he alluded to it with the too long feed times. Roots should only be slightly damp after feeding. When you cut your time down (my Sentinel MDT-1 is not accurate at one second), so I run 2 seconds on and 2 minutes pause, but 1/1 would be a whole lot better as you are literally feeding twice as much in the same amount of time (24 hours).

hth

FOAF, this is Bobby Smith from The Farm - if you're looking for a really quality short cycle timer, grab an ATC 422 (can't post a link for some reason).........putting together my system this weekend, should be interesting if nothing else.

Hope everything's well with you, be safe.

Pazuzu

"2 Carbon filters at top of space, 1 for air cooled light, and one other. Both on a little temperature controlled fan "dimmer" thing"

I see from the pics that this controller is a C.A.P. Day/Night Temperature Control - TMP-DNe...or a C.A.P. Controllers - VSC-DNe - Variable Fan Speed Contoller Day/Night.
The latter is the one I have and I can't say how much I enjoy this controller, set the daytime a slight drop at nighttime and forget it. I think for the extra few dollar you get variable speed which means it ramps up and down to the desired temp vs. just turning on and off the outlet which leads to premature fan failure.

Sweet setup btw..sticking around for the long haul...
+rep on design btw

Pazuzu

Wow..I should of read the rest of the post before sticking my foot in my mouth. Seems the contoller I was seeing was acutally the one that failed on you, sorry to hear that, I hope the controller I have is much more realiable. Atleast it wasn't a total loss for you as you seem to be still getting some use from it. I thought about getting one for my veg cabinet but after reading this thread I've decided agianst it.
I do low pressure aero, which is nothing compared to your setup, and also use the sentinel MDT-1. Nice design, with accuracy (over a second) and some bonus features (high temp shutdown, hot restart prevention), combined features a good price for the product.
Wish I could afford another one to run the veg cabinet with, alittle overkill :), but alas comming up with another solution.
Can't wait to see what you produce next....

foaf

Veteran
it was the "the ART-DNe timer by Custom Automated Products" interval timer that crapped out on me. My variable speed fan controller is working great. I have a second one on the fan that aircools my 1000w hps overhead, for one lamp and a short ducting circuit, you dont always need the fan on full.