What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Microbes! EM-1

So when I first learned how to grow I worked at the place that was using hps lights with 5 gallon coco. From what I learned I was told Microbes are essential for plants specifically in the bloom stage. The place I worked at was using 3oz of EM-1 per 35 gallons. So now I’ve been using gavita 1700e’s, 5 gallon coco grape pie and Apple fritter feeding with the Floraflex Bulky B nutrient schedule. But after reading the EM-1 directions it says to use 1oz per gallon which kinda seems like a lot. What do you guys think? Should I continue using 3oz per 35 gallon like I was taught? Should I follow the directions on the bottle 1oz/gal? Should I use a different brand of microbes?

troutman

Seed Whore
The reality is using less is probably wiser. Because bacteria multiply fast if conditions are good for them.
So in the end, the same population level would exist whether you used 1 oz per 100 or 100,000 gallons.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Manufactures almost always recommend you use more than you need to move their stock. Make sure it doesn't stink before using and be careful not to contaminate it because that is easy to do, keep the lid on tight in storage. 😎