What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BF style hempy

mexweed

Veteran
Because the hydro store is a ripoff, in a democracy you have to be a player

160707-joiner-hunter-s-thompson-tease_ze6ycg-1200x880.jpg

hydroton res, coco/hydroton above res
3 jillybean 1 later sprouted chemdawg

they have been getting masterblend at 50% but have started to settle into the res so next watering will be full strength with armor si and mr fulvic except for the chemdawg it still has to reach the bottom

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20211106_121712.jpg Views:	184 Size:	141.2 KB ID:	17983969

Last edited:

mexweed

Veteran
Full strength masterblend, 1/4tsp/gal mr fulvic and 1/2tsp/gal armor si every other
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20211124_141921.jpg Views:	0 Size:	147.7 KB ID:	17998881

mexweed

Veteran
from left to right jillybeans and the chemdawg

the jillybeans were in those cups for a lot longer than they should have been trying to let the chemdawg catch up, finally in 1 gallon transplanted with mr fulvic and armor si in the mix

7 drops of down to a gallon of tap water brings ph to 6.2ish, mixing nutrients takes it to 5.9ish

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20211213_102044.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.0 KB ID:	18013947

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
They are looking good and coming right along mexweed. I can tell that the plant on the right is the chemdawg, you can see it in the leaves.😎

mexweed

Veteran
I guess you never know what you're going to get with random 'house brand' feminized seeds, but the stem rubs seem to be legit so far, the chem is skunk like I have never smelled before, it's deep dark and nasty, almost kind of oily/asphalty or something

one of the jillybeans has the most orange/citrus to it, the other two have more tangy fruit funk with one of them being a little less fruity

Last edited:

mexweed

Veteran
cleaned up the bottoms and topped, tops in the dome, they have been getting dr bronner's peppermint foliar

IMG_20211225_012344.jpg
IMG_20211225_012500.jpg

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good mexweed hope you dont mind my chair being pulled up for this run looking at getting into some chems soon enough myself so the education from you may help me when i get started best of luck ..

mexweed

Veteran
the majority of my seed stash is chem stuff, akbb stardawgXold sensi super skunk, bodhi chem DX88g13hp, topdawg chem sisXsour D bx, a lucky I95 bagseed, subcool kushman's stardawgXspace queen, greenpoint motorbreath#15Xstardawg

this chemdawg and jillybean are cannageneticsbank fems

mexweed

Veteran
I think I fucked up leaving the jillybeans in the solo cups as long as I did, I went to check on them a little bit ago and one of them had stalk rot where it meets the root cube, it looked dry and crumbly so I bent it and it was barely hanging on by some fiber on the interior that still had moisture, I twisted it and it snapped off, hopefully the other plants pull through, it wasn't mushy at all and seemed more the result of the roots being forced to stay in the solo cup rather than overwatering, they hadn't really stretched out into the new bucket like they should have, it was like the exterior layers of the stalk got really dry and flaked away

mexweed

Veteran
Looking into it a bit more it seems that potentially it could have been from watering on the root riot cube, there was nothing mushy or bad smelling I wasn't even watering until there was runoff and it seems that root rot is rare in coco and the roots weren't brown or anything

there is some light brown around where the stalk meets the cube on the chemdawg I am going to keep an eye on it

mexweed

Veteran
well the two remaining jillybeans are quite robust and seem ready for transplant and flip, the chemdawg I think will make it but it's drinking slow and the top layer is still damp, I ripped open the root riot cube and it wasn't sopping or anything, there was some brownish orange tinge but it's hard to tell if it's something bad or just stains from nutes, if the chemdawg makes it and what I will do with the jillybeans as a precaution and from here on out transplanting out of solo cups is to tear off the root riot cube, water lighter until the roots stretch out, and dump a shot glass of hydrogen peroxide at the base of the stalk, this isn't root rot, maybe crown rot, but it definitely has to do with the moisture and constriction of the root riot cube imo

hopefully the cuts take

mexweed

Veteran
the cuts are all rooted a couple might be ready for 1 gallon already, the other plants have been flipped and while one took off the other two were having some issues, but are doing better now and will continue to improve because I figured out what was up

the masterblend, epsom, and calnit is "ph perfect", I mix it into a gallon of tap water and it comes out exactly where it should be like 5.8, I think I had only ever checked the ph after adding the armor si and mr fulvic as well, which I will have to double check what that comes out to, but when I do only the masterblend and add ph down like I was it comes out to like 5 lol, which explains a lot of the little things I was seeing like variegation spots

mexweed

Veteran
I will get some pics up soon I need to clean up the bottoms, they have been getting 2.4/1.2/2.4/0.5/0.3 masterblend/epsom/calnit/mkp/sop, with mr fulvic every other

before I can take pics though I have to get my carbon filters set up, I've been lazy and just been unzipping a bit opening the ona bucket and blowing out the window for a couple hours, it works but is sketchy because sometimes there is still a little funk, which might actually be quite a bit of funk lol

smells are good, the chemdawg gave itself away as the #4 by developing that sweet soggy almost wet wipe lemon with the dark rubbery funk still there too

one jillybean had no issues during my ph mishap and is a monster and flopping all over the place, sharp almost bitter tangerine with some sweeter fruit funk lurking

the other is definitely showing more space queen, she almost didn't reveg and just stacked nodes like the stardawgXspace queen pheno I had, similar sharp tangerine but with a sweeter grape/cherry candy from the space queen

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
You showed them mexweed you don't need those high-priced hydro stores to get super buds. Those buds will do just fine and do it well, right?😎

mexweed

Veteran
yeah they are definitely higher quality than when I was in organic soil, they aren't swelling as much but are rock hard a lot more dense

mexweed

Veteran
they are getting close, I gave them one last lighter watering with just 2/1/2 masterblend/epsom/calnit and mr fulvic, they are really pushing and chunking up, I haven't really given them a proper flush at any point, so next watering I'm going to run a gallon through them with just 0.6 epsom and ph it with citric acid, and I'm thinking 2 gallons of plain water to finish them

the chemdawg was really the winner grow wise, bounced back from my ph mess up, isn't flopping, and going to yield nice, definitely a bit more frosty than the jillybeans too, hopefully it keeps that dark rubbery funk on the flavor really hoping for a nice lemon diesel

Latest posts

Latest posts