What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Check this medium I found

hyposomniac

Looks like looser weave scrubby pad material.. thinking about stuffing it like this into a flood drain bucket.. wtf is this shit?

Attachments

• photo2052274.jpg
    photo2052274.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 41

MrMMJ

Looks like swamp cooler pad material, although that is typically 2'+ wide rolls. How did you come across this stuff ?

hyposomniac

Found two of em in a house flip I'm doing..
Near some old canoes... Maybe boating or dock related?

Last edited:

MrMMJ

I'd be leary of using it without knowing what it has been coated/treated with. It appears to be very porous, and would require a high frequency of irrigation cycles. I think inert mediums with lots of watering cycles works quite well, (I use perlite and calcined diatomaceous earth myself) and have seen matted material like this made from coir used on NFT type tables. It would be interesting to see it tried in a container, provided it contains no harmful additives.

hyposomniac

Roof ridge filter material.
I'm probably going to use it to rebuild the roof, so I will only chop off a small piece and soak some in water and some in nutrients and see what happens

Gry

Miss the ability to put stars on a thread. Would have enjoyed sticking some up over this thread.