What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Will high co2 levels effect drying buds?

mikeross

I want to start using Co2 in veg. I can get away without having to run an A/C if I use my drying/processing room as a lung room. Doing so will equalize Co2 levels in both rooms. So my question is, when I have whole plants in the lung room to dry, will a co2 level around 700-1000ppm effect the drying buds in any negative way? Thanks!

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Rising carbon dioxide concentrations will decrease leaf stomatal conductance to water vapor. This can reduce transpiration and have an effect on the drying process.😎

mikeross

Rising carbon dioxide concentrations will decrease leaf stomatal conductance to water vapor. This can reduce transpiration and have an effect on the drying process.😎

Is that positive though? What your implying is that the drying process will slow down even more? I hang dry in a 60/60 environment that remains very stable at those numbers. I can literally let the plants hang for 6 weeks or more if I wanted to.. letting the buds not only dry but also cure on the vine.

I'm just concerned if the higher co2 levels will cause any noticeable negative effects on the final product. If I personally can't notice a difference, but science says there is, I'm still ok with doing it.

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Kind of thought this post was a joke at first. Then it sat, and sat unanswered. The question should've been asked in the Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science forum if you want the Atmospheric savvy Bio-peeps to weigh in. Probably better that you didn't as it could have started a never-ending back and forth between the guys who know more than everyone else, but still somehow cannot agree with each other.

No issue whatsoever in a practical sense. It's working for you now. Relative Humidity is the main factor in determining a good drying area be it Large or small. Temperature should be above freezing and not excessively hot. That being said, Landrace strains are often dried and cured in extreme weather. Curing on the vine is the Original method. I think that's Cool.

Happy Growing

mikeross

Kind of thought this post was a joke at first. Then it sat, and sat unanswered. The question should've been asked in the Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science forum if you want the Atmospheric savvy Bio-peeps to weigh in. Probably better that you didn't as it could have started a never-ending back and forth between the guys who know more than everyone else, but still somehow cannot agree with each other.

No issue whatsoever in a practical sense. It's working for you now. Relative Humidity is the main factor in determining a good drying area be it Large or small. Temperature should be above freezing and not excessively hot. That being said, Landrace strains are often dried and cured in extreme weather. Curing on the vine is the Original method. I think that's Cool.

Happy Growing

Thank you for your comments, appreciate it. I look at my entire drying room as one big mason jar. If the same curing parameters in a mason jar can be achieved in a large sealed room whats the difference. I tried it myself, let a few whole plants stay hung for about 6 weeks. They were identical quality/cure/moisture content to the ones stored in sealed 5gal buckets. I'm not in a huge rush anymore to trim a harvest. I just ensure my drying room stays a constant 60/60 and I trim a few when I have the time.

Latest posts

Latest posts