What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Uncanny Cannabinoid Grow: Quantum Boards vs COB -240watt

alpo

I topped today at day 18:

eolK09a.jpg

MAVMbNZ.jpg

alpo

Hey Alpo, Cool thread. What were those Cutilene block looking things? Also wanted to say you should experiment with the Delta 10 cubes in Flora Flex 6" pots. I unsleve the Rockwool, put it in the pot, then surround the cube in the pot with expanded clay pebbles. Hand watering one time per day, I can grow fully developed Sativas with solid 3 foot Kolas. I keep a tray under the pots so it's like an unaerated shallow-water-culture setup. I shutter to think what you could do if you automated that.

I've used the new Rockwool cubes. They are an improvement over the old ones, but I would recommend conditioning the new ones just like the old ones. They tell you to quick soak the new cubes and they're ready. Ph drifted big time for me. When I soaked them and flushed them per the old directions, they worked Great.

FloraFlex posted a few times about using foam as a grow medium that they say they are working on. I'm not sure if it is supposed to be a work because its just clones sitting in the foam nothing that has grown.

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
going to try this again but bigger - 2x 3'x3' tents side by side. I am also going to use one tote 6 plant dwc in each tent

i built this frame for my 4x HLG QB648 Quantum Boad Diablo's. it's a little shiesty. going to use a 480w driver. i spaced this for a 3'x3' space - the horizontal middle will have the same space before and behind the frame and the two vertical middles will have the same space on the two sides of the frame:

the other light will be RapidLED 9x COB led (probably vero29 since they are cheaper, includes the solderless connector, and have a little more lumens per watt than the cree) also a 480w driver

I wont start this grow until my current grow finishes so I will be collecting parts until then. (current grow is the setup in the first post)

if anyone wants to give their input on the spectrum for the 9 cobs or if all should be 3500k

Attachments

• photo2044767.png
    photo2044767.png
    335.6 KB · Views: 36

alpo

I want to run two of these setups next. I was able to get one mocked up since I only have one plant growing right now.

hQV6PUu.jpg

EehRMwE.jpg

alpo

XOFvERk.jpg

Should I let this grow into the screen now or keep topping until there is enough to fill the screen? This tent is only 5.5ft tall.

Attachments

• E3RA2uu.jpg
    E3RA2uu.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 41

alpo

Hey Alpo, Cool thread. What were those Cutilene block looking things? Also wanted to say you should experiment with the Delta 10 cubes in Flora Flex 6" pots. I unsleve the Rockwool, put it in the pot, then surround the cube in the pot with expanded clay pebbles. Hand watering one time per day, I can grow fully developed Sativas with solid 3 foot Kolas. I keep a tray under the pots so it's like an unaerated shallow-water-culture setup. I shutter to think what you could do if you automated that.

I've used the new Rockwool cubes. They are an improvement over the old ones, but I would recommend conditioning the new ones just like the old ones. They tell you to quick soak the new cubes and they're ready. Ph drifted big time for me. When I soaked them and flushed them per the old directions, they worked Great.

Heres my pot before I filled the top layer with clay pebbles to stop the algae. Its my first time trying this mix and seems to grow alright:
bzEyh1T.jpg

alpo

I turned the light off early at 12 hours to start flowering. I was thinking last grow I veg 2 months and flowers came out garbage. I was planing to veg until the screen filled but I was also planing on two tents. This plant still got 4 weeks veg.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Lots of nice looking green there Alpo.
It's not too late to lay them down, with 10 days of stretch ahead. Or get another net in, just to help the profile a bit.

I like how you have the tent poles through your net posts.

alpo

Day 17 Flower. Trimmed everything below the net. 1050ppm. Tomorrow I will go to 1200ppm. This only flowers into week 8. Using FloraFlex nutrients. Drinking almost a gallon a day for almost two weeks now.

VxS5xEg.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	VxS5xEg.jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.9 KB ID:	17872814

unuzyND.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	unuzyND.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.8 KB ID:	17872815

Last edited:

alpo

I bought the second Gorilla Grow Tent Original 3'x3'. $187.00 Dank Deal + $26.42 shipping.

alpo

This was taken right before lights turned on today, Day 18f:

UVEdzsp.jpg - Click image for larger versionName:	UVEdzsp.jpgViews:	2Size:	132.4 KBID:	17873565

TDWm01B.jpg

Last edited:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Things are looking very green and sexy in there. A note about FloraFlex nutes. No micros in it at all and 1 of the lowest elemental PPM's out there when mixed at recommended rates. You don't get much value out of them compared to almost anything else. Make you own nutes and you will be way happier and save tons of CASH. Many options out there but Jacks is a proven winner. It's cheap as chips to...full range of micros and a much higher elemental PPM than FF.
Wish you great success...have a nice day.
Peace, negative.

alpo

Start of Day 21f:
m87hysw.jpg

I had ordered the whole line of House & Garden Nutrients to use on this grow but after a week with no shipping notification I contacted them and they said mid-next week, so I just canceled and used what I already had, It was 90$ for FloraFlex nutrients. I also use Hydroguard, Silicate, CalMag, Root Excelurator Gold.