What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Uncanny Cannabinoid Grow: Quantum Boards vs COB -240watt

LostTribe

Premium user
Can anyone see if that is a hermaphrodite sign:

I don't see any balls bro. You don't need to cut branches. If you see sacks just remove them. But I don't see balls.

Hint, they usually look sort of slight yellow in bloom when its a herm. You want to remove the sacks before they turn full yellow cause that's when they are about to drop pollen.

Also the plant looks like the light intensity is too high as you are getting light green on the fans already. If you can dim I would. What light and how far away are you from the bulb/diodes?

alpo

Light is 240w QB648 Double @ 85%. But very close to the light as this tent is only 5.5ft tall. The plant is 4x taller than when I switched to 12/12.

alpo

I think I found more pollen sacks:

VDwFZU2.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	VDwFZU2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	25.6 KB ID:	17876444

https://i.imgur.com/VDwFZU2.jpg

negative37dBA

Veteran
They are looking nice. What did you get for $90 and how much solution do they say that will create? If mixed at the rec rates it will produce a elemental PPM of around 500 something with ABSOLUTELY no micros in it at all. Jacks will give you ALL the micros and a PPM of around 725 or so at rec rates. Jacks cost's me around 4 cents per gallon to mix into a rez....yeah baby!
Have a great day!

alpo

They are looking nice. What did you get for $90 and how much solution do they say that will create? If mixed at the rec rates it will produce a elemental PPM of around 500 something with ABSOLUTELY no micros in it at all. Jacks will give you ALL the micros and a PPM of around 725 or so at rec rates. Jacks cost's me around 4 cents per gallon to mix into a rez....yeah baby!
Have a great day!

Good day Sir.
I know it has at least Mo and Mn so that is false. Also, the lowest ec on their chart is 800ppm and that mix would cost .176 cents per gallon.

Mattbho

No balls i think your seeing the exploding calyx because this beast is cruising.

Organic soil grower here holy fawwkkkk... you done filled that tent up....

The speed of growth of in dwc always blows my mind. I tried flowering one once. Water got warm roots got slimey then burned them off with h2 o2 cest la vie ..

Are you chilling the water at all? And do you think you can get close to this growth in those cubes?

alpo

No balls i think your seeing the exploding calyx because this beast is cruising.

Organic soil grower here holy fawwkkkk... you done filled that tent up....

The speed of growth of in dwc always blows my mind. I tried flowering one once. Water got warm roots got slimey then burned them off with h2 o2 cest la vie ..

Are you chilling the water at all? And do you think you can get close to this growth in those cubes?

I'm not using a chiller, I haven't seen my water temp over 72 and had highs in the mid 90's outside. It's @ 70.9f right now.
I am hoping rockwool brings a nice full canopy but with more/smaller plants.

Last edited:

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Looking good Alpo. No Male parts visible. The plant usually has one initial calyx at the node, the little pointy blade of grass looking bits are just part of the plant that develop to allow growth.

alpo

I decided to use a 315w CMH and 4 Cree CXB3950 COB LEDs (in flower only) ((2700k 90CRI)) and in the other tent will be (4) quantum boards. The same QB from HLG Scorpian Diablo. Ideally I want to use the same light in both tents but for this first grow I will learn how to grow in Rockwool and test the lights. I will take pictures.

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
I decided to use a 315w CMH and 4 Cree CXB3950 COB LEDs (in flower only) ((2700k 90CRI)) and in the other tent will be (4) quantum boards. The same QB from HLG Scorpian Diablo. Ideally I want to use the same light in both tents but for this first grow I will learn how to grow in Rockwool and test the lights. I will take pictures.
Rock wool. Precondition your blocks with low ph, very light nutrients, and you will have success. Oh, and a proper wet dry cycle if flood and drain. Drip is different.

alpo

Rock wool. Precondition your blocks with low ph, very light nutrients, and you will have success. Oh, and a proper wet dry cycle if flood and drain. Drip is different.

I'm using drippers and I read feeding is different between HIDs and LEDs so should be interesting.

alpo

I got my medical marijuana prescription but in my state, the THC level is 0.5% or less and not less than 10% CBD. Mainly got it hoping they raise the limits.

Yesterday my state raised the THC limit to 1% Lol - double what it was

alpo

Day 29f. Starting to stack. It looks like the leaves on the top started fading already. I have the light at 80% (192w)

KwFZILZ.jpg

cI1SGyQ.jpg

Mmhan6R.jpg

JOKWIwW.jpg

alpo

I took Lux readings @ 24inches of the 315w CMH with Philips 3100k bulb and COB LEDs. The LED driver spec sheet said 150.5w but I only get 118w.

315w CMH (no supplemental lighting)
38,700 Lux Center
18,500 Lux Right Front Corner
25,600 Lux Right Rear Corner

315w CMH + 4 Cree COB LEDs
47,200 Lux Center
26,200 Lux Right Front Corner
35,200 Lux Right Rear Corner

*Give or Take a few thousand

estimate about 1,416 ppfd

Latest posts

Latest posts