Uncanny Cannabinoid Grow: Quantum Boards vs COB -240watt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by f-e View Post
    I know that meter. One was seen saying 310(x100) beside an apogee saying 500ppfd.
    310+50%=465 so it's easy finger math to get close enough. Remember the apogee isn't actually right anyway. It's reading should be converted using tables on their website. That might be worth doing, just the once. The comparison pic (to get the model number) is bottom of page 2 https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijuan...-help-me/page2
    good info there, thanks
    Last edited by alpo; 05-07-2021, 03:13.

Comment

24 hours ago...
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Sj8oVoU.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	17851589

right now...

Name:	OcVVdlQ.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	17851590

looks to delayed growth at the least

Comment

DWC isn't it. Heavy, over inflated leaves can be expected. The overly squat plants seem common to. Perhaps P is low for this purpose.

I'm looking at some slight rashing on lower leaves with distorted edges, thinking calcium. While a few tips claw a bit like mag or overfeed. They have certain taken a lot of water on.

The root system will adapt or rot. The calcium and magnesium signs should go as the stones finish loading up. There isn't much to do, except find posts on treating root rot.

I once read a lengthy thread (somewhere else) where the guy's rot only went after fetching in city water. Nobody guessed why, but his city water will of contained treatments. I think many dwc users use pool-shock, which it likely the same thing. A Chlorine based additive perhaps. You should be ready with something. Cannabis plants don't grow in ponds or swamps.

Comment

working on something different...

Name:	yndsjeY.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	17851992

I'm not sure if it will work yet, I have a ways to go.

Comment

Oh, PC valves. Could be interesting. I have not seen the hard-pipe parts before. It looks very permanent. Pump choice will be critical. Most people fail to reach the PC valve's rating, so they do nothing.

Comment

I already have a pump and was getting 14 psi with poly tubing and drippers hole punched in. I was thinking I might get more pressure with this setup.

This might be happening sooner than later because I have a feeling my DWC plant won't make it much longer.

Comment

Hey Alpo, Cool thread. What were those Cutilene block looking things? Also wanted to say you should experiment with the Delta 10 cubes in Flora Flex 6" pots. I unsleve the Rockwool, put it in the pot, then surround the cube in the pot with expanded clay pebbles. Hand watering one time per day, I can grow fully developed Sativas with solid 3 foot Kolas. I keep a tray under the pots so it's like an unaerated shallow-water-culture setup. I shutter to think what you could do if you automated that.

I've used the new Rockwool cubes. They are an improvement over the old ones, but I would recommend conditioning the new ones just like the old ones. They tell you to quick soak the new cubes and they're ready. Ph drifted big time for me. When I soaked them and flushed them per the old directions, they worked Great.

Comment

Originally posted by f-e View Post
                  Oh, PC valves. Could be interesting. I have not seen the hard-pipe parts before. It looks very permanent. Pump choice will be critical. Most people fail to reach the PC valve's rating, so they do nothing.
                  It shouldn't be any more permanent than a regular pvc manifold with holes drilled into it.
                  Last edited by alpo; 05-08-2021, 03:19.

Comment

Yeah.. I prefer flexible stuff with barbed connectors myself. All my drippers and connectors have been in a few systems. It's just bits of hose that ever become waste. The legal situation here makes waste a problem, and fast pack&reassemble a requirement. I'm getting more and more concerned about plastic waste to. I won't build net frames from plastic tube, and I tie string in bows when I feel I might reuse it. I only buy cableties (zipties) that have the release pin. I just don't want stuff I will have to chuck out and buy again.

A lot of PC kit expects a bar (14.7) but almost never any higher. Are they the Netafim pcj? just 7.5psi will work with them. 2L per hour in red.

Comment

Originally posted by FletchF.Fletch View Post
                      Hey Alpo, Cool thread. What were those Cutilene block looking things? Also wanted to say you should experiment with the Delta 10 cubes in Flora Flex 6" pots. I unsleve the Rockwool, put it in the pot, then surround the cube in the pot with expanded clay pebbles. Hand watering one time per day, I can grow fully developed Sativas with solid 3 foot Kolas. I keep a tray under the pots so it's like an unaerated shallow-water-culture setup. I shutter to think what you could do if you automated that.

I've used the new Rockwool cubes. They are an improvement over the old ones, but I would recommend conditioning the new ones just like the old ones. They tell you to quick soak the new cubes and they're ready. Ph drifted big time for me. When I soaked them and flushed them per the old directions, they worked Great.
                      I'm am using a similar style for this DWC grow right now. It is a mix of clay pebbles and Grodan rockwool mini cubes. I need to add a layer of pebbles on top because algae gets to the top mini cubes before the plant had big enough leaves to cover. But unfortunately I turned off the waterfarm drip ring at the end of week 2 because I was just going to use it until the roots were established in the water below and I think that is why it started drooping. I turned the pump back on today and it looks a little better already.

Comment

Is a 315w CMH and (4) HLG QB648 @ 315w a good comparison?

Comment

I topped today at day 18:

Name:	eolK09a.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	17852877

Name:	MAVMbNZ.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	17852878

Comment

Originally posted by FletchF.Fletch View Post

FloraFlex posted a few times about using foam as a grow medium that they say they are working on. I'm not sure if it is supposed to be a work because its just clones sitting in the foam nothing that has grown.

Comment

Name:	tpmOwbn.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	17857593

Comment

Originally posted by alpo View Post
                                going to try this again but bigger - 2x 3'x3' tents side by side. I am also going to use one tote 6 plant dwc in each tent

i built this frame for my 4x HLG QB648 Quantum Boad Diablo's. it's a little shiesty. going to use a 480w driver. i spaced this for a 3'x3' space - the horizontal middle will have the same space before and behind the frame and the two vertical middles will have the same space on the two sides of the frame:
                                Click image for larger version Name:	D8UCb8i.jpg Views:	3 Size:	46.7 KB ID:	17840270

the other light will be RapidLED 9x COB led (probably vero29 since they are cheaper, includes the solderless connector, and have a little more lumens per watt than the cree) also a 480w driver

I wont start this grow until my current grow finishes so I will be collecting parts until then. (current grow is the setup in the first post)

if anyone wants to give their input on the spectrum for the 9 cobs or if all should be 3500k

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...0b9_story.html
                                http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/or...-better?page=4
                                http://organicsoiltechnology.com/wp-...s-cultures.pdf
                                http://nevegetable.org/disease-management-0
                                https://medium.com/ted-fellows/how-t...t-d27df202ba09
                                http://youtu.be/frXYMd-JUfA
                                http://organiclifestyles.tamu.edu/so...robeindex.html

Comment

Working...
                                X