What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How would you clean this reservoir

TPFTFW

Veteran
So as stated, I’m kind of lost on how to clean this well and properly besides running physan 20 thru it after every run.

also, the bulkhead is located about an inch above the bottom, which will leave standing water all the time in there.. the hole for the bulk head is rather large.. easily 2”.

is there some kind of male attachment I could rig up that would have a (small then 2” tube) going into the rez that could be angled or bend so that it is almost flush with the bottom.. and this attachment also still have a female to put 3/4 male into.

idk any ideas?

any help is appreciated. this is my first reservoir and it’s the only thing I could really think of that would also fit into my basement.

Click image for larger version  Name:	60565086-3772-476C-82A1-4C059E3E4BD4.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	34.8 KB ID:	17815604
Click image for larger version  Name:	97C5DB97-9A12-478A-B060-98E12D492575.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	38.5 KB ID:	17815605

TPFTFW

Veteran
do they make a base for it (like the cone stands) ?

I have absolutely no idea, but it kind of works as a base for itself with its structure.

why is there something I could do with a base to help clean and or reduce standing water

its 100 gallons.

I was just gonna use a 55 gal drum but it wouldn’t fit

TPFTFW

Veteran
can you turn it face down so then the bulkhead will be on the bottom

Then I lose access to the lid, which has a convenient hole you can push out for the recirculating part of the build I’ll be making (having ball valves set up so water falls back into itself to keep aerated)

tilting it on a Pitch however has been suggested to me, but this is also not quite what I had in mind. All are viable options if I end up not being able to do what I would like.. but I’d really like to exhaust all possibilities.

with all the crazy shit and applications in plumbing. I can’t believe something as I’ve described doesn’t exist.

it’s really just a flaw in designing this thing.

it’s other wise pretty ducking awesome.

DF67BEF9-169F-4CFC-9A9E-A3B8C0E33AD8.jpeg

Growenhaft

Hi, what was it filled with?
high pressure cleaning may not be sufficient. is there a smeary dark gray layer inside the tank?
that would be an indication of unwanted algae. they would have to be processed with a special medium.

via google translator

Growenhaft

and protect the outside from penetrating light after cleaning.
white plastic allows light to pass through, which is good for the formation of algae

Growenhaft

the search was unfortunately unsuccessful. I have not found a suitable component for you.

You will have to manufacture your component yourself using epoxy resin (food-safe)
sorry for the triple post

TPFTFW

Veteran
the search was unfortunately unsuccessful. I have not found a suitable component for you.

You will have to manufacture your component yourself using epoxy resin (food-safe)
sorry for the triple post

Thanks man,
all valid points

its brand new, just thinking in the future.

ill look into epoxy options.