What's new

Question for users of Essentials EC meter

Kajuna

My Essentials EC meter normally gives me an EC readout in the 1.6 to 2.3 range for my hydro nutes with a small symbol next to it (mS), and it calibrates fine to the 2.8 mS standard, but sometimes it gives me a reading of .19 for my nute solution (without the mS symbol showing) when I know it should be in the normal range of 1.6-2.0. The meter is new and has only been used for about 6 weeks.
It never gives a different abnormal reading and it will read other solutions correctly at the same time yet still revert to the odd readout for the mixed nute solution. Other times, it reads the same solution correctly.
Has anyone who uses an Essentials EC meter had a similar problem?
I can't find any information about this online and the manufacturer did not respond to my question.
Could adding pH down to the top-up water that I replace each day as the plant drinks be affecting the situation?
Thanks for any advice.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Its probably a error code. Look on the box to find the phone number and give the the manufacture a call.😎.

...CR500AF...

I gave up on those flipping pens went back to the simple dye in the bottle no problems from that point on.
I know that the drops have a margin of error, but for myself the drops are fine, KISS is the golden rule in this setup... :D

alpo

I gave up on those flipping pens went back to the simple dye in the bottle no problems from that point on.
I know that the drops have a margin of error, but for myself the drops are fine, KISS is the golden rule in this setup... :D

what about electrical conductivity or parts per million

...CR500AF...

Hello alpo i run my well water, i tend to run at 50 percent of what the recommend dosage and adjust from there no ec meter.
After a few runs with the same plant you can get dialed in right where they need to be. When i first got going i had all the meters, with in a year i was done with them, now remember this works for myself not saying that it is the only way to do it...:D

Last edited:

...CR500AF...

@Kajuna My apologizes i thought you where talking about a PH meter, ok EC meter in the same deal i had one of those as well but it got to the point where i could look at the plants and have good idea how they where doing with there food. It was i wounder if this thing is still calibrated or not, i just couldn't trust them.

I do not know why some of my post are bold and others are normal, not changing anything on my end...:D

Last edited: